1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

Laws you want to be changed.

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous Polls' started by Lulamoon, Sep 23, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. thunderblade12

thunderblade12 Well-Known Member

I agree with the gay marriage thing. As for the death penalty, I think every state should use the death penalty. Of course only for someone who maliciously kills another person not robbery, rape, drugs, or accidental manslaughter(hit and run) or something.

Marijuana and prostitution should be legal. People do it any way, it would cut down on crime, and it's not really going to hurt any one except the people who waste their time getting high or have such little self respect that they'd hire a hooker. People should be able to do what ever they want with their body no matter how big of a mistake it is. Smoking and drinking aren't good for you either. DUIs would work the same way for weed and alcohol.

2. Ethan

Ethan Banned

The death penalty should be mandated as federal law in the United States, with the government revoking states rights to abolish it or not. Each citizen would be entitled to five years to make appeals and thereafter swiftly excecuted unless new evidence is uncovered. In addition to this, the death penalty should be re-instated in all of Western Europe and the modern world, with the option of publicly televised excecutions.

Where are the pro-death penalty Europeans...I know you're in here somewhere...

3. Polar Star

Polar Star Huzzah!

Needs moar death penalty and moar gay marriage. Equal rights FTW.

4. Slappy_Pancake

Slappy_Pancake Well-Known Member

The problem with having a death penalty is that a suspect might be proven innocent far too late.

All I want legalized is gay marriage.

5. Noheart

Noheart The Abysswalker

Death Penalty. Would solve the crowded prison problems, huh?

I would say being allowed to skateboard anywhere I want, but I'll just get flamed at by most people here. B)

6. Dante Falls

Dante Falls Doppelgänger

Segway's in the UK! They're illegal on pavements :(

And probably too slow for roads.

7. palingensia

palingensia amends

I'd love it if fraud was legal so I could have a chance at getting money. =/

8. Dante Falls

Dante Falls Doppelgänger

But then, people would surely fraud you, thereby loosing you money?

9. Dan The Poke Man

Dan The Poke Man MEGAMEGAMEGA

id get rid of driving rule cause im 11 and i know how to but im not allowed

10. Slappy_Pancake

Slappy_Pancake Well-Known Member

Screw that; I know many people who want to continue living.

11. card games

card games Troll Trainer

ban alcohol and tabacoo.

12. Mandi.

Mandi. 3:

too many people need TAbaCOOOOO.
    or else ..they're all a bunch of beasts. :X

yeah.
    is on the way of quitting though
    somewhat..

13. The Thunderbird

The Thunderbird Dreams come true

Last time that happened during the Prohibition, organized crime and bootleggers rose significantly. Al Capone flourished during that era because of Prohibition which was eventually repealed because things got out of hand. Don't want Prohibition to happen again do we?

14. Ethan

Ethan Banned

This isn't the debate forum, there's no need to feel obliged to give someone a history lesson when they suggest something you disagree with. Just let people post and move on.

15. Zonn13

Zonn13 87% Indubitable.

Ethan, you are awesome.

I, PERSONALLY, would love it if the driving age was the actual beginning adult age, 18. I hear so many news stories about teen drivers getting injured or killed because they are driving too fast or are not paying attention. I just think the roads would be a bit safer if minors weren't driving.

Please do NOT try to argue with me about this, this is only MY OPINION. As Ethan said, this is NOT the Debate Forum. We just state our personal opinions here, that's all. I don't mean to sound rude or anything, I just don't want to repeat what happened in the "Learning to Drive" thread a couple months ago.

I can't really think of much else, at the moment...

16. Denexiar

Denexiar Shiny Collector

I just wish Buttefly Knives were legal.

17. Willow's Tara

Willow's Tara The Bewitched

Well I am sure everyone knows what I want changed.
    The Gay Marriage Law, it shouldn't even be a law! People should be allowed to get married to whoever they want.

There are others but this is the major one for me, even if I am straight. If you think banning smoking is breaching freedom rights? How about banning gay marriage as breaching freedom rights, aleast that's not gonna kill you.

18. madisoncm

madisoncm Bronzong hugs!

I'm canadian, I live in canada, I should know ^^

I don't like not having liquids on planes <.<

19. SUPERSAIYANALEX

SUPERSAIYANALEX KEEPER OF TORAH

how about the law where kids are not aloud to be taught in school like the bible, our country was built on the bible and i think it should be ok for even the teachers to talk about it

Last edited: Oct 9, 2009
  20. muumajii23

muumajii23 Well-Known Member

Well, not everyone believes in the bible... Doing that would cause many insults and arguments... Better to just shy away from any religious text in school.

I would like to see same-sex marraige worldwide, but it will never happen... Thank god I live in Canada! ^_^

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.