• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

LC Treecko Team

Heya guys, terrytorterra

Anyways, I decided to try to get treecko into an LC team, since Sceptile used to be one of the favorite grass type pokemon until breloom got poison heal in 4th gen.

but here is the team:
;252;
Treecko, obviously, because he's the basis of this team.
;252; :636:
Larvesta resists the fire, ice and bug type attacks aimed at treecko, and also treecko can cover its water weakness.
;252; :636: ;436;
With 2 Pokemon weak to flying, I needed a counter for that. I went for bronzor because he easily takes any flying attack and can also set up stealth rocks.
;252; :636: ;436; ;140;
That leaves 2 fire weaknesses as well! So I opted for Kabuto. 1, he is x4 resistant to fire, and 2, he can spin any rocks or spikes away that would definitely plague my Larvesta. On top of that it can counter the fire types with a priority STAB Aqua Jet.
;252; :636: ;436; ;140; :622:
However, there are a plethora of Pokemon running around these days with priority Mach Punch and what not that would ruin Kabuto's day, so I chose Golett again, because its immune to those attacks as well as any electric attacks Kabuto would draw.
;252; :636: ;436; ;140; :622: :629:
Lastly, just to round it off, I cover Golett's ghost weakness with Vullaby, who provides yet another ground immunity.

So that's the overview.

;252;
Treecko @ Eviolite
Naive | Overgrow
3 HP IV
236 Atk / 200 Spe
- Swords Dance
- Bullet Seed
- Drain Punch
- HP Ice
.:. With Swords Dance to boost its attack, Treecko's Bullet seed will be able to break about any sub there is. Drain Punch offers a nice Recovery that also hits Steel types hard, while HP Ice allows me to hit opposing Grass types like Paras, dragon types like Axew and Gible, as well as Flying types like Taillow and Archen who might try to come in and set up on me.

:636:
Larvesta @ Eviolite
Adamant | Flame Body
76 HP / 236 Atk / 156 Def / 36 Spe
- U turn
- Flare Blitz
- Morning Sun
- Wild Charge
.:. With 2 recoil moves, Larvesta really needs that Morning Sun on there to increase longevity. U turn for the obvious scout and STAB, and Wild Charge is able to hit flying types hard, as well as incoming water types expecting a Flare blitz. I think with the proper prediction Larvesta can really wreck teams out there, dunno why it's not used more...

;436;
Bronzor @ Eviolite
Careful | Levitate
220 HP / 68 Def / 4 SpA / 148 SpD / 16 Spe
- Stealth Rocks
- Psychic
- Flash cannon
- Toxic
.:. STAB Psychic and Flash Cannon will give some coverage, though I'm not sure how much I will be needing Earthquake. Stealth rocks is always beneficial if the opponent has flying and fire types, it's also what Bronzor does best, so why not let it do it's thing? Toxic will let me catch some incoming counters and let me wear them down late game.

;140;
Kabuto @ Eviolite
Battle Armor | Adamant
- Aqua Jet
- Rapid Spin
- Rock Slide
- Protect
.:. My main fire counter, since Larvest still takes neutral damage from fire type attacks. With Aqua Jet, it'll be able to counter most Fire types even if they carry Solarbeam or Energyball. Rapid Spin lets me take out those rocks for my Vullaby and Larvest so they dont take too much damage coming in and out. Rock Slide is just another STAB. Protect lets me scout out the opponent's attacks and whatnot.

:622:
Golett @ Life Orb
Iron Fist | Jolly
244 Atk / 236 Spe
- Rock Polish
- Brick Break
- Earthquake
- Rock Slide
.:. Took this set from my first LC team. Honestly, I'm still looking for a replacement, but few other Pokemon can say that they check Fake Out and Mach Punch so well. He really hasn't done much on the team except take hits and scare things out, so I was wondering if anyone had a replacement suggestion or a defensive set I could use.

:629:
Vullaby @ Eviolite
Big Pecks | Bold
36 HP / 236 Def / 236 SpDef
- Taunt
- Toxic
- Roost
- Knock Off
.:. Kinda a filler for the team, resisting Ghost and adding another immunity to ground, which might help Larvesta and Kabuto a little. It also provides another Grass resist to help balance out Kabuto and Golett's weakness. Mainly here to be an annoyer, Taunt prevents set up sweepers, while Knock off can take out their Eviolite or Life Orb. Toxic will let me stall things out or hit incoming Chinchou and non-steel types, and Roost is for that nice recovery while relieving me of an ice and electric weakness for 1 turn.

So that's the team, what do you guys think?

Last edited:
Nice Teams bro! My suggestion though is you might want to consider changing that vullaby. A poke that worked well for me was a Porygon w/ conversion, shadowball, recover, tri attack. Not many pokes can actually hit it well. Imagine it a duskull w/ recover. Also you Might wanna lower Larva one level and give her life orb, youll take only 1HP of damage. Asta La Pasta.

McDanger

Heya guys, terrytorterra

Anyways, I decided to try to get treecko into an LC team, since Sceptile used to be one of the favorite grass type pokemon until breloom got poison heal in 4th gen.

but here is the team:
;252;
Treecko, obviously, because he's the basis of this team.
;252; :636:
Larvesta resists the fire, ice and bug type attacks aimed at treecko, and also treecko can cover its water weakness.
;252; :636: ;436;
With 2 Pokemon weak to flying, I needed a counter for that. I went for bronzor because he easily takes any flying attack and can also set up stealth rocks.
;252; :636: ;436; ;140;
That leaves 2 fire weaknesses as well! So I opted for Kabuto. 1, he is x4 resistant to fire, and 2, he can spin any rocks or spikes away that would definitely plague my Larvesta. On top of that it can counter the fire types with a priority STAB Aqua Jet.
;252; :636: ;436; ;140; :622:
However, there are a plethora of Pokemon running around these days with priority Mach Punch and what not that would ruin Kabuto's day, so I chose Golett again, because its immune to those attacks as well as any electric attacks Kabuto would draw.
;252; :636: ;436; ;140; :622: :629:
Lastly, just to round it off, I cover Golett's ghost weakness with Vullaby, who provides yet another ground immunity.

So that's the overview.

;252;
Treecko @ flying gem
Naive | unburden
3 HP IV
236 Atk / 200 Spe
- Swords Dance
- acrobatics
- giga drain
- rock slide
.:. With Swords Dance to boost its attack, Treecko's Bullet seed will be able to break about any sub there is. Drain Punch offers a nice Recovery that also hits Steel types hard, while HP Ice allows me to hit opposing Grass types like Paras, dragon type.s like Axew and Gible, as well as Flying types like Taillow and Archen who might try to come in and set up on me.

treecko can run unburden in LC making him very dangerous, flying gem increases acrobatics power, while letting it get the no item boost simultaneously. Giga drain is a better stab because most things weak to grass have low sp def, letting heal too. Rock slide rounds of the set hitting flyings which, with unburden, he outpaces

:636:
Larvesta @ life orb/oran berry
Adamant | Flame Body
76 HP / 236 Atk / 156 Def / 36 Spe
- U turn
- Flare Blitz
- Morning Sun
- Wild Charge
.:. With 2 recoil moves, Larvesta really needs that Morning Sun on there to increase longevity. U turn for the obvious scout and STAB, and Wild Charge is able to hit flying types hard, as well as incoming water types expecting a Flare blitz. I think with the proper prediction Larvesta can really wreck teams out there, dunno why it's not used more...

first of love larvesta, use him on my LC sun team. Evolite doesnt help larvesta that much and without the sun, you may be better of running a CB set as sand 1/2 the amount healed from morning sun. Life orb makes him hit insanely hard, while the oran berry gives him an extra 1/2 life[/B

;436;
Bronzor @ Eviolite
Careful | Levitate
220 HP / 68 Def / 4 SpA / 148 SpD / 16 Spe
- Stealth Rocks
- Psychic
- Flash cannonearthquake
- Toxic
.:. STAB Psychic and Flash Cannon will give some coverage, though I'm not sure how much I will be needing Earthquake. Stealth rocks is always beneficial if the opponent has flying and fire types, it's also what Bronzor does best, so why not let it do it's thing? Toxic will let me catch some incoming counters and let me wear them down late game.

;140;
Kabuto @ Eviolite
Battle Armor | Adamant
- Aqua Jet
- Rapid Spin
- Rock Slide
- Protect
.:. My main fire counter, since Larvest still takes neutral damage from fire type attacks. With Aqua Jet, it'll be able to counter most Fire types even if they carry Solarbeam or Energyball. Rapid Spin lets me take out those rocks for my Vullaby and Larvest so they dont take too much damage coming in and out. Rock Slide is just another STAB. Protect lets me scout out the opponent's attacks and whatnot.

:622:
Golett @ Life Orb
Iron Fist | Jolly
244 Atk / 236 Spe
- Rock Polish
- Brick Break
- Earthquake
- Rock Slide
.:. Took this set from my first LC team. Honestly, I'm still looking for a replacement, but few other Pokemon can say that they check Fake Out and Mach Punch so well. He really hasn't done much on the team except take hits and scare things out, so I was wondering if anyone had a replacement suggestion or a defensive set I could use.

i would like to recommend choice scarf gastly, very fast, hits hard, and cripples walls
Gastly (F) @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 36 HP / 40 Def / 200 SAtk / 200 Spd
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Shadow Ball
- Hidden Power [Fighting]
- Trick
- Sludge Bomb

:629:
Vullaby @ Eviolite
Big Pecks | Bold
36 HP / 236 Def / 236 SpDef
- Taunt
- Toxic
- Roost
- Knock Off
.:. Kinda a filler for the team, resisting Ghost and adding another immunity to ground, which might help Larvesta and Kabuto a little. It also provides another Grass resist to help balance out Kabuto and Golett's weakness. Mainly here to be an annoyer, Taunt prevents set up sweepers, while Knock off can take out their Eviolite or Life Orb. Toxic will let me stall things out or hit incoming Chinchou and non-steel types, and Roost is for that nice recovery while relieving me of an ice and electric weakness for 1 turn.

i really cant think of something, maybe LO mienfoo? adds priority and a lot of attack
So that's the team, what do you guys think?

comments are in bold

@edit: it seems Treecko isn't allowed to have the DW ability... not sure why, but BW LC can't have that. I guess it makes it too fast?

interesting,
i'll try those changes, and also try lowering that larvesta's level.

Last edited:

McDanger

@edit: it seems Treecko isn't allowed to have the DW ability... not sure why, but BW LC can't have that. I guess it makes it too fast?

interesting,
i'll try those changes, and also try lowering that larvesta's level.
weird it let me, also why lower larvesta level?

chrisfurby said it would drop my HP down to 19, so LO would only take 1 HP recoil.
but I havent actually tried it out...
I'll check the ability thing again.

and gastly has worked out better than golett, thanks

Yellow De Viridian Grove

chrisfurby said it would drop my HP down to 19, so LO would only take 1 HP recoil.
but I havent actually tried it out...
I'll check the ability thing again.

and gastly has worked out better than golett, thanks

Doing that also reduces your attack, speed and defenses... Don't do it just for the extra attacks... 11 attacks is enough (besides your already losing so much from Flare Blitzt and Wild Charge it doesn't matter)

McDanger

you can also switch around the evs for max attack and speed and dump the rest into defences, so hes at like 20 hps, you could also decrease you IVs if you really wanted to

also have you thought about switching kabuto for bulky rapid spin staryu?
and with gastly blocking grounds, i suggest mienfoo as he hits very hard and make an excellent lead

Last edited:
Sure, I'll try those changes.
Chinchou has been really annoying lately, mostly the scarfed versions... I've tried Diglett to trap and kill them, but haven't had any luck yet. Any suggestions as to a good Chinchou counter?

McDanger

Sure, I'll try those changes.
Chinchou has been really annoying lately, mostly the scarfed versions... I've tried Diglett to trap and kill them, but haven't had any luck yet. Any suggestions as to a good Chinchou counter?

ferroseed blocks all of his moves unless they have HP fire/fighting, i used evolite munchlax, 30 sp def blocks his attacks pretty well and KO`s him with earthquake