• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

LDS Church Leader Gordon B. Hinckley Dies at 97

Status
Not open for further replies.

nubinator

Banned
And who might he be?

Enigma

lol, i is a geenyus.
I'm a member, too. I was really sorry to hear about this, but at least he'll be with his wife again...

And who might he be?

...Reading the article might help answer your question.

Atoyont

Brains for brawn
He carried the torch in the 2002 Winter Olympics, and has visited over 60 countries around the world, if you don't want religious involvement.

President Hinckley was the equivalent of the Pope in the Catholic Church- that's how important he is (actually moreso, but I'm not going to get into that).

Darato

(o,..,o)
I left the church over two years ago but nonetheless I fell bad that he died. But Monson who is a close family friend of ours will do a great job as leader.

L.F.D.

Nny

Yeah, about that...
Ahh the mormons. Always the target of hilarious jokes.

But this is NO laughing matter.. :( I never heard of him before but still, lets hope he died just fine and quickly.

trapezechimpanz

I'm a member. It was actually quiet shocking to find out. He wasn't sick or anything, it just happened.
My mother and I were just watching T.V. and flipping channels when we saw it on the news. I am sad about it, he was the only president of the church I've known. (I think he was appointed president right after I was born) I didn't cry about it much though... I tend to not get very sad about death.

I felt bad today though. A memo had gone around that we were to dress up in church clothes for school today - just to show respect. My mom wouldn't let me do it though, because I had ceramics class today - my clothes would get dirty. (I live in Utah so that's why we had the dress up thing, and practically everyone did it)

Cain Nightroad

Daydreaming
I'm not currently a member of the LDS Church, but is always melancholy when someone dies. I hope he can rest well now, and that he died painlessly. It sounds like he had a wonderful life, let's hope that wherever he is now, he has found peace at last.

MBlack475

Falcon PUNCH!!!
Hey watch it!!

I don't want anyone making fun of Gordon B. Hinckley or the LDS Church or saying it sucks got it! Should I make fun of the Pope, or say that the Catholic Church sucks? NO!!!

bobjr

You ask too many questions
Staff member
Think the mormon religion is a bunch of bollocks, but it's sad that he died.

Well, it is sad that Mr. Hinckley died.....(I live in Salt Lake City, Utah, it's all over the news.)
I am not Mormon myself (In fact, I'm Catholic) but I feel really bad because my 5 year old neighbor really admired him........I wonder how she is taking it...

Still, he really was a great man.

nubinator

Banned
I don't want anyone making fun of Gordon B. Hinckley or the LDS Church or saying it sucks got it! Should I make fun of the Pope, or say that the Catholic Church sucks? NO!!!

I don't get it... isn't that what i'm supposed to do :(?

Sir Devious

Sir Devious
I'm a member too. I was really sad to hear this. =[ He's in a better place though, so all we can do is be happy for him.

Hero

OOHH YEE YOU WANT ME
Shocker. 97 yr old leader of the worlds biggest religious cop-out dies of natural causes. Pardon me if I don't mourn for every senile old person.

Enigma

lol, i is a geenyus.
Shocker. 97 yr old leader of the worlds biggest religious cop-out dies of natural causes. Pardon me if I don't mourn for every senile old person.

If that's what you think of the LDS church and Gordon B. Hinckley, I doubt you actually know much about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.