• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Leading a Stray (577)

Serebii

And, as if by magic, the webmaster appeared...
Staff member
Admin
The Stray Child Wailmer!

On their way through the islands of Canalave City, Ash & Co. are ambushed by a trio of Luxio, Nidoran & Whismur. The Pokéon steal supplies from Ash & Co. and disappear. Ash & Co. decide to investigate and find that they were tending to a Wailmer that got stuck in the sewer. Ash & Co. decide that they have to help get the Wailmer out.

Visit The Episode Guide

Discuss

dman_dustin

I thought it was funny that Mamoswine knocked Piplup and Dawn into the air. Luckily Happiny was there to catch them. I'm a little disappointed that Grotle hasn't used energy ball yet. I really would like to see it. Instead we got razor leaf. At least it was better looking then the episode Piloswine evolved.

I thought this was fun episode.

Lucario At Service

Calm Trainer
Well the site i upload the pics isn't uploading pics properly for some reasons so i won't be able to post many pics in here (it took me nearly 20 min to upload these 6 pics),
[IMG139]http://i42.*******.com/258b71h.jpg[/IMG139][IMG139]http://i39.*******.com/riurr5.jpg[/IMG139]
[IMG139]http://i42.*******.com/14aamag.jpg[/IMG139][IMG139]http://i42.*******.com/2cfqips.jpg[/IMG139]
[IMG139]http://i42.*******.com/2zi6j3q.jpg[/IMG139][IMG139]http://i40.*******.com/2zgaovm.jpg[/IMG139]

mitchman_93

AND IT WAS THIS BIG!
Transformers! Im sorry i had to do that for the rocket mech. And wow looks cool. So then mister tiny wailmer evolves in the end? Must watch this episode as soon as i can.

fishyfool

And a nice chianti
What the-

I've seen everything, but for all we know, TR have had to do an Optimus Prime and get a diggerbot?

Nice to see Manoswine again, like.

Squaaah

Wailord, Swampert AND Mamoswine?! Three of my favourite pokemon in one ep! THis i gotta see!

TurtwigFan1

burning it down
Seems like a good episode. Luxio looks great and the Wailord-rainbow looks so cute! Glad to see Mamoswine, and Energy Ball would have been cool.

BlueDragonfangirl

Good episode indeed. I enjoyed it.

Isis-sama

I haven't seen the episode yet so I'm not entirely sure what's going on, but it does look like we get a nice little "Free Willy"-esque moment towards the end. Aww.

uber gon

Accept Change
Wonder how Wailmer got beached on the underground sewer pavement?

Looks like Dawn has to resort to bribery to get Mamoswine's attention. Meh, considering how much of a glutton it was it makes sense.

Korobooshi Kojiro

Funnnngaaaaa
Oh hey, Grotle gets to battle and wins. Sweet. He takes a *Something* Punch from Swampert and then blasts him with Razor Leaf.

Glad we got some little bits with Mamoswine and Grotle, showing us that Mamoswine isn't like Charizard exactly since it'll listen for food, and Grotle's defense style.

uber gon

Accept Change
Oh hey, Grotle gets to battle and wins. Sweet. He takes a *Something* Punch from Swampert and then blasts him with Razor Leaf.

Glad we got some little bits with Mamoswine and Grotle, showing us that Mamoswine isn't like Charizard exactly since it'll listen for food, and Grotle's defense style.

Maybe Grotle will be used against Candice's Medicham, if it appears.

Juputoru

M-m-m-m-onobear?!
-AshnCo missed the boat to get to the next town? How unheard of!
-Oh wait, the way to the ocean is just being blocked by Wailord. You know, I thought that was a plot from RSE, not DPt.
-Now AshnCo is eating, with a Pokemon glaring at them from beyond the bushes. That makes 60 times that something like this has happened before!
-Nice jazzy music cues after Luxio steals somebody's lunch and the Pokemon try to get it back.
-I bet AshnCo wasn't expecting the thief ring to be made up of more than one species of Pokemon! I guess it experiences something new every day.
-So TR was doing construction work for some extra cash...and their machinary just so happens to turn into a mecha? Well okay then!
-Jesus Ash, when you have to chase three Pokemon to the sewer system to get back a small bag of food, might it not be more worth your time to just give it up and have Brock make more food later?
-More jazzy music. I guess the composers were getting bored with the usual fare and decided to jazz it up a bit. Ha ha, kill me now.
-So a brief trickle of water was all Wailmer needed to be able to jump back into the sewer water itself? Well, I guess I can't fault a random group of wild Pokemon for not thinking of making sure that the beached sea Pokemon was kept well-hydrated!
-Should I even ask why a bunch of Pokemon decided that living in a sewer was a grand idea?
-Come to think of it, how the hell did Wailmer end up that deep in the sewer system in the first place?
-Getting wailmer over the waterfall by freezing the water and having Wailmer slide over it on a makeshift sled? Another brilliant Ash idea! How does the boy think of these flawless plans?
-Oh wait, the ice at the very end magically broke before Wailmer could sled that far. How sad. At least Wailmer got to test out how close its species is to being able to fly.
-And Wailmer just so happens to evolve the instant it leaves the sewer. Because waiting until it was past all the bridges and stuff would have been too simple.

Nothing outstanding in this ep other than the music, but I'm not going to whine too much since DP barely gets any fillers anyway.

Blaziryu

This episode seems okay. It wouldn't been alot easier if Ash just caught the Wailmer instead of going through all that crap on trying to get it out of the sewer by getting it up the waterfall. And since it evolve at the end, it could've least gave Ash & co. a ride to their next location.

pokefiend_13

Harley-san Fanboy
This episode seems okay. It wouldn't been alot easier if Ash just caught the Wailmer instead of going through all that crap on trying to get it out of the sewer by getting it up the waterfall. And since it evolve at the end, it could've least gave Ash & co. a ride to their next location.

Eh, people complain enough about how Ash releases his pokemon (even though he hasn't done it in a long while.)

Besides, he'd have to waste a pokeball.

TeddiUrsa

A cute little episode.

-I liked the wailmer, while it is a pokémon I liked to forget about most of the time it I really think that it acted and looked very cute most of the time.
Satoshi´s plan was surprisingly clever and....the biggest surprise: it worked...well, by having a bug in the arse, but it worked anyway!

-The evil-for-no-reason was very random, as was Ash sudden amnesia about its typing after his numerous meeting with Pokémon of its species...but...whatever.

-I like that Grotle is defensive now, but the way the battle style is presented is kinda lame if you ask me. Just taking a hit to the head and backfiring some projectiles right after it could become boring fast. Especially if the hits are always directed to the head of the turtle-bouquet.

-Out of all the sewer Pokémon the Teddiusas were the only one clever enough to get a few furnitures down there. they are obviously more clever than the average sewer bear. yet, a terribly unfitting place for them...not even water pokemon seem to live down there...

- when the bridge opens I expected a car driving over the bridge and falling off because of it, yelling "WHHYYYYY!?!?!",but then I realized that this isn´t Rocko´s modern life.

and...yet another pokémon episode that succeeds to make Pochama entertaining. take that, haters!

Last edited:

S.Suikun

Thank you, SPPf! :)
Awesome. A Pokemon thief gang. Naturally, they're all sporting badass tatoos; the camera just isn't panning in locations that we can see them.

That mecha transformation sure was a nice use of that New Year's animation budget. The only downside is that they can now only afford stock footage for the remainder of the year.

At least this wasn't the most cliched sewer ever. Not nearly grimey enough, and it would need more three-eyed Teddiursas and some Spheals with Magikarp fins growing on their heads. And this huge chase just for a lunch bag? It's almost like I'm playing Kirby: Squeak Squad all over again.

Grotle absorbing blows is a nice tactic to see from Ash for once, considering how his opponents have been doing it for oh...12 years now. Obviously I'd like to see it get back into the offensive groove soon, but I hope it's a continued strategy.

Wailmer's evolution got no props in my book mainly for the fact that in Wailmer's last episode, that Wailmer also evolved. Then there's the fact that it even did as much as remind me of that beyond terrible episode. I forgot that Rattata and Nidoran can learn electric attacks, though, and I don't remember the anime ever glossing over that before. Again, 12 years late, but welcome.

I'm surprised they wrote out TR after 3 minutes. I kept expecting them to show up when Wailmer exited the sewers. Swampert's a better jackass, anyways. Cute filler on the whole, if nothing super-noteworthy.

tmp1114

Marsh Trainer
i know a good english name for this episode it is free wailmer do you agree with me.

Korobooshi Kojiro

Funnnngaaaaa
I loved how Grotle did that little spin before unleashing a Razor Leaf. Very cool.

I'm guessing Swampert had something to do with Wailmer ending up there, but does anyone know what? That thing sure seemed to chase Wailmer down for some reason.

Also this Salaryman:
[img139]http://www.serebii.net/anime/pictures/shinou/577/DP07.jpg[/img139]
Was kinda intense. I mean, he looked like he was ready to rip someone apart.