• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Leading a Stray (577)

dman_dustin

[*]Why does Luxio sound like a dog? How did these little rodent Pokemon (a) get there that fast and (b) hear him from so far away? Oh, plot holes.
Not really in real life some animals are capable of doing this. A Lions roar can be heard from miles away (by other lions). I believe it's called Infrasound. Look it up, it's actually kind of a cool thing.

uber gon

Accept Change
Wonder if we'll get more episodes where TR doesn't appear at later points?

Danman

I wish Ash would start catching pokemon again, okay not all the time but geeez....if you knock out a SWAMPERT then you catch it !!!!!
But yeah good episode all round and I especially liked luxios whole "come my minions of the sewer and riiise!' was it necessary though, sudowoodo could have used mimic.

ShinyVaati

100% Rebel Time Lord
I quite enjoyed this episode. I loved how all the older Pokemon were in the sewer. Luxio was also really cute, the way it abused Ash. Infact, all the Pokemon seemed to like attacking the humans here.

What I didn't get was Swampert, what did want with Wailmer?

Sparkleo

Low on power...
I quite enjoyed this episode. I loved how all the older Pokemon were in the sewer. Luxio was also really cute, the way it abused Ash. Infact, all the Pokemon seemed to like attacking the humans here.

What I didn't get was Swampert, what did want with Wailmer?

It was crossing its territory, I guess.

And Luxio was awesome here! Taking the role of a true "King"/Leader...

i know a good english name for this episode it is "Free Wailmer" do you agree with me.

If they don't do this, I'll be ticked!

Last edited:
-AshnCo missed the boat to get to the next town? How unheard of!
-Oh wait, the way to the ocean is just being blocked by Wailord. You know, I thought that was a plot from RSE, not DPt.
-Now AshnCo is eating, with a Pokemon glaring at them from beyond the bushes. That makes 60 times that something like this has happened before!
-Nice jazzy music cues after Luxio steals somebody's lunch and the Pokemon try to get it back.
-I bet AshnCo wasn't expecting the thief ring to be made up of more than one species of Pokemon! I guess it experiences something new every day.
-So TR was doing construction work for some extra cash...and their machinary just so happens to turn into a mecha? Well okay then!
-Jesus Ash, when you have to chase three Pokemon to the sewer system to get back a small bag of food, might it not be more worth your time to just give it up and have Brock make more food later?
-More jazzy music. I guess the composers were getting bored with the usual fare and decided to jazz it up a bit. Ha ha, kill me now.
-So a brief trickle of water was all Wailmer needed to be able to jump back into the sewer water itself? Well, I guess I can't fault a random group of wild Pokemon for not thinking of making sure that the beached sea Pokemon was kept well-hydrated!
-Should I even ask why a bunch of Pokemon decided that living in a sewer was a grand idea?
-Come to think of it, how the hell did Wailmer end up that deep in the sewer system in the first place?
-Getting wailmer over the waterfall by freezing the water and having Wailmer slide over it on a makeshift sled? Another brilliant Ash idea! How does the boy think of these flawless plans?
-Oh wait, the ice at the very end magically broke before Wailmer could sled that far. How sad. At least Wailmer got to test out how close its species is to being able to fly.
-And Wailmer just so happens to evolve the instant it leaves the sewer. Because waiting until it was past all the bridges and stuff would have been too simple.

Nothing outstanding in this ep other than the music, but I'm not going to whine too much since DP barely gets any fillers anyway.

But I like Jazz...will they have Jazzy music in the dub? I hope so, and it's all thanks to that Jun trainer. Yes! I'll watch this episode sometime, looks like a decent filler.

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
Mamoswine knocking Dawn into the air to get the poffins made the episode.

I love how Dawn gets away without a scratch after a big mammoth with tusks rams her into the sky. Ah, I love cartoon logic.

Bliksem

The Quirky Quilava
-AshnCo missed the boat to get to the next town? How unheard of!
-Oh wait, the way to the ocean is just being blocked by Wailord. You know, I thought that was a plot from RSE, not DPt.
-Now AshnCo is eating, with a Pokemon glaring at them from beyond the bushes. That makes 60 times that something like this has happened before!
-Nice jazzy music cues after Luxio steals somebody's lunch and the Pokemon try to get it back.
-I bet AshnCo wasn't expecting the thief ring to be made up of more than one species of Pokemon! I guess it experiences something new every day.
-So TR was doing construction work for some extra cash...and their machinary just so happens to turn into a mecha? Well okay then!
-Jesus Ash, when you have to chase three Pokemon to the sewer system to get back a small bag of food, might it not be more worth your time to just give it up and have Brock make more food later?
-More jazzy music. I guess the composers were getting bored with the usual fare and decided to jazz it up a bit. Ha ha, kill me now.
-So a brief trickle of water was all Wailmer needed to be able to jump back into the sewer water itself? Well, I guess I can't fault a random group of wild Pokemon for not thinking of making sure that the beached sea Pokemon was kept well-hydrated!
-Should I even ask why a bunch of Pokemon decided that living in a sewer was a grand idea?
-Come to think of it, how the hell did Wailmer end up that deep in the sewer system in the first place?
-Getting wailmer over the waterfall by freezing the water and having Wailmer slide over it on a makeshift sled? Another brilliant Ash idea! How does the boy think of these flawless plans?
-Oh wait, the ice at the very end magically broke before Wailmer could sled that far. How sad. At least Wailmer got to test out how close its species is to being able to fly.
-And Wailmer just so happens to evolve the instant it leaves the sewer. Because waiting until it was past all the bridges and stuff would have been too simple.

Nothing outstanding in this ep other than the music, but I'm not going to whine too much since DP barely gets any fillers anyway.
I enjoyed this more than the episode itself.

Slowking[George]

#SPP-WiFi HOP
Wailmer was such a cutie in this episode! Also lol at Buizel trying to push Wailmer! XD

soccerstar19

<--- Best Rival Ever
my favorite points of episode ( just saw the pics)
when luxio and the group got soaked when wailmer jumped in the water
( loved their faces especially luxio)
when dawn got thrown into the air by mamoswine
(looks like it isnt completely disobedient when it sees food it somewhat listens rofl)
this is the one time i wish ash didnt have pikachu
( would have loved ash to catch it)
imagine this torkal, gliscor, and luxio together rofl
it would have been a good capture for brock seeing as his pokemon love attacking people it could have been ash instead of him ( but just ash)
this episode was pretty funny even the fillers in DP are amazing lol
thats what i thought of this episode

Dax

Legend
I was expecting something different from Luxio's voice but it was still great. I loved the whole relationship Luxio had with Ash, it was kinda funny.

Mamoswine was awesome but for some reason I hope he can at least obey Dawn in a serious battle. I don't want to see her lose because of it.

Gotta love the little Venonat bouncing out of Wailmer's butt.:p

Nice to see Grotle battle. Not that it was an amazing battle but I quite liked it.

The whole episode was good. Even though it was a filler it was entertaining

uber gon

Accept Change
Well at least we know Grotle is steadily improving. Now all we need is to see it use someof its other attacks and some more defensive moves.

I've been putting off watching this episode for some time, purely because the concept is a bit boring for me, and to be honest, it was alright, but definitely not up there with the best of fillers.
I enjoyed how Satoshi came up with that slope plan so quickly, but I mean, poor Swampert... Sucks to be you in the anime.

Torpoleon

I reallt did enjoy this episode. So far, every Season 12 episode has been great!! This was the third time that that sane GS music was used tihs season. The ither 2 were in Ancient Family Matter! and I liked Grotle VS Swampert. Getting Wailmer back to its faimly was very hard with something always standing in the way. Reminds me of The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess.

This was a pretty good episode for a filler.
I gotta say, that I fricken love Mamoswine though! aha. :]

At the end ..couldn't the Wailord just swim under the bridge ..since it's a water Pokemon? It can go underwater right? :p :p
that made me laugh, but they have to make the episodes a little tough and 'dramatic'. the Wailord swimming under would have been too easy, even though .that's what it would have done in reality.

But aha. Luxio is kinda ugly. I like Luxray much better. x3
But anyways, okay epsidoe.

Dattebayo

Banned
I've enjoyed this episode a bit because of Luxio, Wailmer, Wailord, and Swampert (which I want to make a Mudkip reference but sadly doesn't fit it). I'm surprised that despite Happiny having the strength of Hercules, she's not strong enough to pull a manhole that was closed really tight. I knew something bad will happen to Ash's plan to get Wailmer up on the tall waterfall in the sewers. One thing that bug me was a group of Ratata and Nidoran helping out Pikachu and Luxio charging power despite the fact that they're not electric types, unless they learn at least one electric type move.

Last edited:

PokemonHero

I can see the future
Luxio's cry wasn't what I expected (then again, neither was Luxray's), but I felt that it was pretty fitting. There was also an interesting selection of music here. It was a lot more jazzy at times here, and it fit quite well.

I really liked this episode. Ash came up with an interesting plan and it (pretty much) worked. Poor Wailmer was trying to fly after the ramp broke. I feel sorry for that Venonat though. Getting smacked into Wailmer where the sun don't shine.

There were a number of fun Piplup moments in this episode, whether it was getting fried by Luxio, or trying to lead everyone through the sewers. It was sort of a reminder of the times when I really liked that penguin.

Overall, I felt it was a good episode. Not the greatest of fillers, but it certainly wasn't entertaining.