• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Leading a Stray (577)

spyroflame0487

Kind of a big deal
More lulz can be had with this ep than a few of the other fillers.

I'm not gonna lie...I wasn't gonna watch this ep, since 9am is too early for a filler. But, since I was already up..hey...what the heck, right?

-Hey..wait a sec. How did Dawn know what a Wailord is?
-"You Can't do that!"...actually Ash...I think it can.
-GIANT ROBOT BATTLE!!! Totally not a plug for Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen. I have to say..it was actually one of the cooler mechs. Go TR.
-"Yeah! The Plan worked!"...no..no it didn't it failed at the end. You catapulted a giant gnat at a large mammal...I guess it's better than forcing it up a giant slide.
-Lulz....Piplup actually did go the right way. I guess it is part useful.
-Ok...the electical paw zaps were hilarious. But, did Luxio shock Ash in the Pokeballs? It looked like it.
-SWAMPERT! FINAL MUDKIPZ! YEESSSSSSS!
-*ahem*...DID RATTATA AND THE NIDORAN USE THUNDERSHOCK? Seriously...it looked like they did. Oh wait...They actually can. Huh..learn something new every day.
-Is it me, or are Pokemon like all criminals? Not only did they perfectly steal food, but they hot wired a bridge system. Makes me wonder what strong Pokemon could really do in the hands of a criminal.

K..not to bad I guess. Entertaining to say the least.

>The Entrepreneur guy looks similar to me no joke.
>Dawn's hair seems short before they talk about lunch break.
>Ash is man of words when it comes to food.
>Luxio zip zop bobbity bop!
>I loved the Pokemon in the sewers.
>The strategy was a favorite.
>Wailmer crying while flying.
>Venonet going Giga Headbutt on Wailmer and never popping back out. RIP.
>Marshstomp looks creepy and cool.
>Would you honestly allow kids in the control room without supervision?
>Well, there is Brock.
>Whismur, Luxio, and Nidoran (female) sort of reminded me of a team in Mystery Dungeon and then Pikachu and Piplup run off together as if they were on a mission.
>Jun's theme plays in the background during the strategy phase.

I thought it was pretty good. Ash is actually using his brain by coming up with a successful plan. (Ash has reputation for being a total moron with me and my cousins) Piplup is smarter than usual. And the way the Pokemon helped the Wailmer was so cute.:3

coolminun

Banned
this episode was a bit of a disapointment. The jazzy music you all heard is just the recycled music from the pichu bros short in the entei movie. as for the wailmer, i found it interesting how they didn't dub wailmers voice. if you listen properly, you can actually hear it saying "hoe" instead of wail. Ho-eh. The same way how buizel's voice actor is the same as the japanese, they didn't need to dub the voice because buizel never says his whole name. he just says bui never his whole name or else he'd say buizeru which is japanese of course. Hoeruko is wailmer's japanese name, and yes I watched the ep in japanese before in english today and noticed it was the same voice actor. Looks like the industry is getting cheap.

ShinyVaati

100% Rebel Time Lord
Hoeruko is wailmer's japanese name, and yes I watched the ep in japanese before in english today and noticed it was the same voice actor. Looks like the industry is getting cheap.

A lot of Pokemon keep their Japanese voices. It doesn't mean they're getting cheap.

Brumrha

Banned
Hmmm... What do I have to say about this?

The gang is trying to take a ship out of Canalave to Dawn's next contest; where, I don't remember, but I know for sure that it isn't a major city. Unfortunately, they find out that the harbor is blockaded by several Wailord. Of course, since it's a waiting game, they decide to have lunch, as Ash is a hungry, hungry trainer.

Then all of a sudden, their Pokemon food gets swiped by a Luxio, whom is accompanied by a male Nidoran & a Whismur, & they've managed to escape into the sewers. Just when the gang gets a bead on them, they run into TR, who just so happens to have a Mecha ready for them. Ash manages to take cover into the sewers, but their mecha bent the manhole cover to the point that it wouldn't budge. After blowing them aside with a whirlpool, they try to pry open the manhole cover, but not even Happiny's strength of the Titans won't cut it. What will? Mamoswine, with a Poffin bribe, merely stomped onto the ground to pop the cover open, & they finally get access to the sewers, where they can find ASh, or so they think...

In the meantime, Ash trys to find the band of theiving Pokemon, wisely enlisting the help of his Buizel to lead the way. He soon finds the theives, but he also finds out that they are with a Wailmer, who got stuck inside. They are trying to get it moving, but to no avail, until Ash whips out his Pokedex & finds out that they get lethargic if they go for a prolonged amount of time outside of the water. A small douse from his Buizel was more than enough to perk him up & get himself in the water. They were eventually led down into a place where a whole slew of Pokemon, who have taken refuge in this sewer, of all places.

They soon find out that the Wailmer has fallen into the sewers from above; how that Wailmer got down here, only god knows, but they plan on getting him out of here out into the ocean. the first one wasn't too tall, & with a bit of oomph, managed to get him up. They continue onward, only to find a much taller wall ahead. Ash gets a brain-wave, in which they freeze part of the canals, which steadily go up over the wall, & have Wailmer on a sled whilst several other Pokemon provide the push needed to scale the wall. It was flawless except for one thing: the ice ramp shattered midpoint & the Wailmer was sent flying possibly to his death. Fortunately, A Whismur & Venonat found a way to adapt around that problem & gave Wailmer that extra push needed to scale that bloody thing.

Now the only thing that's in between them & the Wailmer's freedom is a Swampert, & he isn't too happy about it. Since talking went nowhere with him, Ash then gets Pikachu at him, but after realizing that Swampert is a ground-type, he wisely uses Grotle, who manages to shrug off his blow like nothing & instagibbed him with Razor Leaf. Now that they're finally out into the sunlight, a miracle happens: Wailmer upgrades into a Wailord. That proves to be a double-edged sword, as his bigger size means that he can't get under the drawbridge that's ahead of them. They get into the control room, which isn't even manned & they try to charge it up wnough that it'll open. Unfortunately, they need more power, & to make things worse, that Swampert is after them. Ash trys to get things under control while the others try to get the bridge raised. Eventually, with the help of Luxio, Pachirisu, & some other Pokemon, they get the thing juiced up enough for the bridge to open up fully so that the Wailord can rejoin the others, all while sweeping the Swampert away. & all is well.

Oh, & for those people who think that the Wailord blockading the harbor is something taken from RSE, I've noticed some differences: the key differences is that in RSE, the Pokemon blockading the Lilycove City are Wailmer, not Wailord, & they were being controlled by Team Aqua/Magma, where in the anime, they were doing this because they were missing one of their own in the place & won't leave until the lost Wailmer has returned.

So there you have it, & now I've overstayed my welcome here.

*leaves*

Yellow Aura

Light of Hope
Well, not the best epiosode, kinda boring, but it's nice to see hidden Pokemon comunities. Looks like Pikachu's not the only one who can take out a Team Rocket Mecha. What was Team Rocket doing anyway, trying to earn some money? Well anyway, looks like everything turned out right for Wailmer, or Wailord. Hey, the gang has commited its first crime! Unathorized people made the brigde go up by hottwiring it!

Vernikova

Champion
This episode was kind of boring if you ask me. The whole concept of saving a Wailmer by putting it back in the water is pretty familiar. I'm happy that they didn't use Wailord again. The Team Rocket Mecha was pretty cool though. It had a cool transforming scene that reminded me alot of Transformers. The poor Venonat never popped out of Wailmer though so that was one of Venonat's rare funy moments.

WaterDragon trainer

Freak Like Me
This episode was good. Like the TR robot transforming a la Transformers style. Also like how clean the water is in the sewer. Kinda funny how Mamoswine blasted off Dawn (kinda).

ash_forever

Greatest Hero
I was more than content with this awesome episode!

My only point of criticism (only one, hear hear!) is that there were maybe too many "cutie-Pokemon" in some scenes like Rattata, Nidoran and Venomoth which made them look a teensy bit childish, but well, it's acceptable and all right.

Other than that, I really liked this episode as it was amusing and great entertainment!
The undoubtedly best thing about it was the fact that Ash was the sole and outstanding hero which, I guess, makes every Ash-Fan jump with joy. I was also overjoyed to see our hero mastering an adventure and coming up with smart plans on his own. If you ask me, Ash somewhat lacked of heroisms lately which is his characteristic feature normally. But today's episode fortunately made up for that. Great! I dare say: A feast for Ash fanboys and fangirls! Right, PokemonTrainerLisa?

But the ice ramp thing was pretty fun. It's as if Ash was applying his talent for coming up with bizzare battle strategies to situations outside of battle. Loved seeing him able to do things and come up with solutions on his own
Yeah, I coudn't have said it better myself.
That plan with the slide and the sledge sure was unique and clever. I love seeing how Ash advances more and more. He's definitely on his way to become a Cynthia-like champion and hero!:cool:

Usually, I don't busy myself with the BGM, but one piece of music sure aroused my interest:
How is that awesome and almost epic BGM called when the Pokemon as well as Brock and Dawn tried to get the bridge moving with a vengeance?
It's gotta have been replaced by PUSA . You see, to my ears it sounded so typically American because it created a dramatic and exciting atmosphere and easily reminded you of an action movie. If it's true that this amazing piece of music didn't belong to the Japanese version, I'll start to wonder why so many people complain about the allegedly "horrible" dub music. Said scene proved that PUSA is capable of composing even better and more fitting music than the Japanese version every once in a while. So, if someone happpens to know the title, please don't hesitate to tell me! Man, I'm still thrilled by the scene.

I guess, the writers successfully made up for last week's slip-up and presented a solid episode today with several highlights, including Ash being the glorious hero, a dramatic climax, and fantastic BGM.

7 out 0f 10 points.

Tf5174

Ash should have caught swampert lol XD

yeminied

When I saw that Venonat I was just, 'LOL, WTF?' That was so strange, and I loved how Wailmer tried to fly, that was funny.

Yay Dawn can fly, with the help of Mamoswine. I enjoyed this episode, lots of laughs to be had.

One thing I didn't like was how Wailmer just evolved for the hell of it when it could have gone under the bridge and then evolved, WTF?

I recommend watching this episode if your not busy but don't go out of your way to watch it. LULZ

Rex Kamex

This episode was all right. I liked how there was an adventure in a sewer (simply because it's not something you see all the time in this show)...

this episode was a bit of a disapointment. The jazzy music you all heard is just the recycled music from the pichu bros short in the entei movie.

This isn't the first time they're recycled movie music, or even that music.

as for the wailmer, i found it interesting how they didn't dub wailmers voice. if you listen properly, you can actually hear it saying "hoe" instead of wail. Ho-eh. The same way how buizel's voice actor is the same as the japanese, they didn't need to dub the voice because buizel never says his whole name. he just says bui never his whole name or else he'd say buizeru which is japanese of course. Hoeruko is wailmer's japanese name, and yes I watched the ep in japanese before in english today and noticed it was the same voice actor. Looks like the industry is getting cheap.

What's wrong with or cheep about keeping the voice? Kids wouldn't notice/care about the "hoe" part. I'd rather hear this than the blatant sound "Wailmer", but if the dub cry was less blatant than that, I would've wondered why they didn't just keep the original voice. Some voices of Pokemon I've thought were better in Japanese (like Grovile and Swellow) were voices I wished the dub could've used even though they didn't say "Grovile" or "Swellow." 'Cause for me, hearing the dub voices (actually, I don't know how PUSA Grovile's voice differs from the 4Kids one, if it does differ) for Grovile and Swellow aren't worth hearing them say their names.

A_Merry_Snowrunt said:
>Jun's theme plays in the background during the strategy phase.

That's not his theme- it came from the mini-movie Pikachu and Pichu.

ash_forever said:
Usually, I don't busy myself with the BGM, but one piece of music sure aroused my interest:
How is that awesome and almost epic BGM called when the Pokemon as well as Brock and Dawn tried to get the bridge moving with a vengeance?
It's gotta have been replaced by PUSA . You see, to my ears it sounded so typically American because it created a dramatic and exciting atmosphere and easily reminded you of an action movie. If it's true that this amazing piece of music didn't belong to the Japanese version, I'll start to wonder why so many people complain about the allegedly "horrible" dub music. Said scene proved that PUSA is capable of composing even better and more fitting music than the Japanese version every once in a while. So, if someone happpens to know the title, please don't hesitate to tell me! Man, I'm still thrilled by the scene.

I don't know what it's called, but I didn't like the music. It sounds like something PUSA made, but I already thought to myself, Even if it was Japanese, I don't like it. It did sound like action movie music, but it just reminded me of how PUSA was trying to make their music "hipper and more modern." It seemed to corny for me.

Never seeing the original episode, I wonder if there was something in particular about the original music (I know they played some type of music, I mean, come on...) that it had to be replaced? If anyone knows what the original music was, could someone please say where it's played before? Maybe in a movie or something?

Although I'm sure the music used in the dub will be used again sometime...

Geodude

The poor Venonat never popped out of Wailmer though so that was one of Venonat's rare funy moments.
Yes it did, but you could've missed it if you blinked.

What was Team Rocket doing anyway, trying to earn some money?
Yes, as they plainly said and as they have done countless times in the past. What kind of question is that?

One thing I didn't like was how Wailmer just evolved for the hell of it when it could have gone under the bridge and then evolved, WTF?
Maybe part of the reason Wailmer looked so upset and distressed throughout the episode was that it was also trying not to evolve the whole time, at least until it could be rescued. It was already stuck in a sewer, and things would have been worse if its body suddenly multiplied in size in a confined space.

Last edited:

milenadrg

I liked this episode. It was really cool seeing Ash alone working with only Pokemon...
The most boring part of episode was Piplup(like always). It tried to be funny, it's just annoying...

victreebel007

Not the most interesting episode, liked the Swampert appearence and the Venonat being used like a cricket ball but thats about it.

Geodude

Funny how all the Pokemon helped out except the Mothim. Even the group of Zubat got something to do, since they put the sled in the water when it was built, but the Mothim didn't do anything the whole time.

-*ahem*...DID RATTATA AND THE NIDORAN USE THUNDERSHOCK? Seriously...it looked like they did. Oh wait...They actually can. Huh..learn something new every day.
Thunderbolt, you mean. And Nidoran can also learn Helping Hand, so it could've been that as well.

Commander L. Halsti

Toxin Squad Cmdr.
Too much of this had already been seen. Hotwiring the bridge controls is maybe a novelty, as it's the gang's first felony. And, the TR excavator mecha-simply brilliant. The best part of the episode.

Torpoleon

Funny how all the Pokemon helped out except the Mothim. Even the group of Zubat got something to do, since they put the sled in the water when it was built, but the Mothim didn't do anything the whole time.

Thunderbolt, you mean. And Nidoran can also learn Helping Hand, so it could've been that as well.
I noticed that only the Mothim did not do anything. They should have helped the Zubat. I think the Rattata used Thunderbolt and the Nidoran used Helping Hand, like you said.

Anyways, I actually did like this episode. Having Swampert did not seem random to me because it showed Grotle's defense when Swampert used Focus Punch and Grotle has 4X advantage against Swampert.