• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Leading a Stray (577)

Geodude

Hotwiring the bridge controls is maybe a novelty, as it's the gang's first felony.
Maybe it's just me, but I don't see how raising an empty bridge to let a Wailord out and thereby allow the passenger ships in the area to continue operations could be considered such a crime.

Last edited:

Swampert_trainer

Laughs at thunder
I didn't think I was going to like this episode, because I'm not a big fan of Wailmer, but I actually enjoyed it. This episode had two of my favorite Pokemon, Swampert and Luxio.

I'm kind of upset though, because of the treatment they gave that poor, evil-for-no-exact-reason Swampert. First they don't let Brock's Marshstomp evolve, then they give the Swampert to some no-name trainer at the summer academy, and now they basically make it a punching bag for Grotle. The only time I feel as if Swampert got any respect was in the abandoned ship episode.

All-in-all I like the episode. Though things would have been a lot quicker if Ash simply put the Wailmer in a pokeball and releeased it once they escaped the sewers...

the1stpkmnfan

Your Big Buff Bro
I was pretty suprised it came to be a good episode. Didnt expect what goes on with Wailmer around the end.

Plus, it was nice to see a lot of different Pokemon in this episode.

Genome

pro-SHARK WEEK
"The boat trip may have hit a reef?" Whaaa? Shipwrecks just aren't my priority right now.

Piplup's been getting the short end of the PAIN stick for a while now, is he masochist?

And he passes the sack lunch to Cries-herself-to-sleep. They did it! TOUCHDOWN!

Mecha...Mavier? Well that didn't last long.

"Is it time to release all my pent up swine-beast energy already? Just 5 more minutes."

Cocaine in a Poffin. It gives you super-pig strength!

Hey over there! NO FEEDING THE FAT---!

Wailmer on suicide watch.

This is a simple matter of WHAT THE HELL IS GOING ON?!

Not the ride Wailmer bargained for..

I see Grotle expressed insensible desires to be the next Dick Button, then he fired Razor Leaf.

If you're the drawbridge guy who should be operating this right now, your hours must suck!

"Are you the punks writing all the anti-Swampert stuff on the sewer walls?"

IT NEEDS A KEY, NOT A POWER OVERLOAD!!

What are we afraid Swampert will do to Wailord? DEFLATE HIM?

Remember that boat of yours that got decked? Nah, didn't think so.

6/10 Knocking off a point for being total spazzes to Team Rocket.

Last edited:

cloudk

hates you.
I don't know why Ash jumped into the water at the end when the rest were trying to raise the bridge. That's plain stupidy-He didn't even do anything in the water. He merely shouted, which he could have done on land ._.

freakyboy05

Swing the bat
I don't know why Ash jumped into the water at the end when the rest were trying to raise the bridge. That's plain stupidy-He didn't even do anything in the water. He merely shouted, which he could have done on land ._.
Yeah that was stupid.
Anyway, can someone tell me what happened after Ash dove into the water, I couldn't see the ending and the episode was quite interesting...

cloudk

hates you.
Yeah that was stupid.
Anyway, can someone tell me what happened after Ash dove into the water, I couldn't see the ending and the episode was quite interesting...

He attempted to stop Swampert by shouting at it. Then, the bridge rose and wailord swims through, leaving behind it a wave that crashes into swampert.
The bunch of Wailords then hang around for awhile and then leaves.

Linkdarkside

at fist wend I read about this episode about a stray Waimer I thought that it was going to suck, but it was a good episode.

I lioke that they did not forgot about Swamper ground type and I liked that a grass type move 1 hit ko him.

But I dint like that pikachu needed help.

I also notice some coliseum music

kemal07

It is indeed a good filler.
Although i couldnt understand how the Nidoran increased electricity?

Linkdarkside

this episode was a bit of a disapointment. The jazzy music you all heard is just the recycled music from the pichu bros short in the entei movie. as for the wailmer, i found it interesting how they didn't dub wailmers voice. if you listen properly, you can actually hear it saying "hoe" instead of wail. Ho-eh. The same way how buizel's voice actor is the same as the japanese, they didn't need to dub the voice because buizel never says his whole name. he just says bui never his whole name or else he'd say buizeru which is japanese of course. Hoeruko is wailmer's japanese name, and yes I watched the ep in japanese before in english today and noticed it was the same voice actor. Looks like the industry is getting cheap.
well pokemon that dont repeat they name or have the same name usually keep the japanese voice.

PokemonTrainerLisa

Veronica Taylor fan
But today's episode fortunately made up for that. Great! I dare say: A feast for Ash fanboys and fangirls! Right, PokemonTrainerLisa?
Well, I wish I could agree with you, ash_forever. But unfortunately, this episode was a huge disappointment for me. :(

Ugh, I hated this episode! X____X

Although, it wasn't the plot or the fact that it was a filler episode that bothered me. It was mostly, the fact that Ash wasn't himself, and it seems like his soul is gone.... *sigh*

To be honest, I doubt most Ash fans will like the dub version of this episode. I sure didn't, and neither did two of my friends.

Last edited:

Rex Kamex

^ What was wrong with the dub of it?

That's not his theme- it came from the mini-movie Pikachu and Pichu.

Upon watching the recent dub episode, I take this back. The makers of the show have used the music from the mini-movie and made it Barry's own theme music.

PokemonTrainerLisa

Veronica Taylor fan
^ What was wrong with the dub of it?
Just the fact that this was one of Sarah Natochenny's worst performances. I mean, the "emotion" she used for Ash's lines just sounded so fake and forced. And that's why I thought this episode was so terrible. :(

And I also can't stand the way Sarah pronounces Pikachu like, "PIIIII-kachu", with an emphasis on the first syllable. That always makes me cringe, because Veronica didn't pronounce Pikachu like that. X_X

Anyway, if you don't know what I'm talking about just compare Sarah's performance from this episode to "Get Your Rotom Running" and you should see a difference with her acting. I mean, Sarah was much better in "Get Your Rotom Running" than she was in this episode.

Of course, voice acting quality is kinda subjective though. Because what I would call "bad" acting might be different for everyone else.

Last edited:
Hey, so do anyone know the title of the music that being played in the background during the Wailord rescue in the control room when they are trying to get the bridge open??

Geodude

Lisa, don't assume everyone else who likes Ash has the same level of obsessive delusion as you. There are plenty of Ash fans who are just fine with his voice. And that topic has been banned on this site for some time as well. Many of us are way past sick and tired of hearing this utterly ridiculous whining, most of which has been instigated by you in the past. You have your SOVA, take your crap there and keep it there.

Shadow XD001

Wow a lot of Pokemon live in the sewers. poor Wailmer, it was separated by its own. For some reason, the sewers reminded on Pokemon Ranger 2 and so did the bridge..........

Rebeccag

This was an ok episode. I liked the idea of the pokemon helping the Waillord and it wasllgood to see a Luxio as well. But apart from that it was an okish episode. I dont really have much to say about it