1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

Leaf green Grass monotype ingame team.

Discussion in '3rd Gen RMT' started by lifesharker, Oct 24, 2008.

1. lifesharker

lifesharker Spring-Loaded Fish

I'm doing a grass monotype in leaf green, here's what I'm thinking of going for so far:

Venusaur
    Sludge Bomb
    Leech seed
    Synthesis
    Giga drain/body slam/sleep powder

Parasect
    Giga drain
    Spore
    Toxic
    Slash

Victribell
    Rest/poison powder
    Return
    Sleep powder
    Razor leaf

Exeggutor
    Psychic
    Solarbeam
    Aleep powder
    Rest/filler

Tangela
    Ingrain
    Poison powder
    Mega drain
    Thief (just for diversity)

Remember that as this is ingame, I can't get multiple copies of stuff like Toxic. Thanks in advance.

2. Victreebel is the pokemon that should learn Sludge Bomb when you get the TM, not Venusaur. Venusaur's got some more options already, like Earthquake.

Venusaur
    Quirky/Bashful/Serious/Docile/Hardy nature
    -Razor Leaf
    -Earthquake
    -Leech Seed
    -Sleep Powder/Synthesis
    The natures suggested are the neutral natures, meaning they don't affect any stats. If you already have another one, it should be fine.

Parasect
    Adamant nature
    -Slash
    -Aerial Ace
    -Spore
    -Stun Spore
    He doesn't have a good special attack stat, so don't bother with Giga Drain. Stun Spore isn't really necessary since you have Spore already, but it could be useful against legendary pokemon you're trying to capture, or against pokemon with the Insomnia or Vital Spirit abilities that can't fall asleep.

Victreebel
    Quirky/Bashful/Serious/Docile/Hardy nature
    -Razor Leaf
    -Sludge Bomb
    -Thief/Hidden Power (Fire/Psychic)
    -Sleep Powder/Stun Spore
    The first two moves are your stab attacks. The third move is mostly to help out against Poison types such as Weezing and Gengar, who will show up a fair amount in this game.

Exeggutor
    Modest nature
    -Sunny Day
    -Solar Beam
    -Psychic
    -Sleep Powder/Leech Seed

And the only thing about Tangela that'll differ from most of these other pokemon is Ingrain. Also, I guess he could be the one to learn the Giga Drain TM.