• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Leaf Green Team Advice

Sumpner

I have just got to the Safari Zone and caught a whole mess of new pokemon. I was wondering if you thought any of them would be better than what I already have. I am half way through the game and should really start focusing on the Elite 4 or at least start prepping. I am just about to take on Koga, but could do with Levelling in general for this, so thought now would be a good time to make any changes.

My current team

Charmeleon (32) – Docile - Mega Punch, Ember, Steel Claw, Smokescreen

Starmie (30) – Naïve - Rapid Spin, Recover, Swift, Water Pulse

Weepinbell (30) – Naughty - Vine Whip, Giga Drain, Sleep Powder, Acid

Fearow (30) – Sassy - Fly, Leer, Pursuit, Fury Attack

Sandslash (30) – Sassy - Cut, Slash, Rock Slide, Dig

Jolteon (31) – Docile - Helping Hand, Shockwave, Sand Attack, Double Kick

In the Bank

Doduo (26) – Careful - Tri-Attack, Fly, Rage, Pursuit

Kadabra (30) – Sassy – Recover, Thief, Psybeam, Reflect

Dratini (28) – Hasty - Leer, Thunderwave, Dragon Rage, Twister

Goldeen (20) – Timid – Tail Whip, Water Sport, Supersonic, Horn Attack

Slowpoke (28) – Lonely – Growl, Water Gun, Confusion, Disable

Venonat (22) – Jolly – Foresight, Supersonic, Confusion, Poison Powder

Exeggcute (25) – Bashful – Reflect, Leech Seed, Confusion, Stun Spore

Chansey (26) – Naïve – Refresh, Softboiled, Doubleslap and Mimic

I am quite open to suggestions and now have Fly, so I can go back and grab something if needs be. I figure most people will tell me to add Dratini to my team straightaway. Also Doduo or Fearow?

It is worth noting that I cannot trade (no alakazam) and I have Leaf Green.

Thank you for your help guys. I look forward to your suggestions.

Latch

Funky Fresh
You lack coverage in some areas.

You might want to teach a member of your team a Dark or Ghost type move (Note: I believe Shadow Ball is Physical in this Gen so caution who you teach it too).

Considering you are early in the game, I'd teach Psychic to Starmie over swift. Better coverage.

Anyone who is telling you to use Dratini is correct. It learns Fly too when it evolves but that's much later.

Fearow>Doduo

Also, you can use Sandslash, for its not horrible in game but there are much better ground types, IMO. Try Rhydon or Nidoking/queen.

((JAWS))

Johto Boy
Starmie (30) – Naïve - Psychic, Recover, Swift, Water Pulse (Rapid Spin is useless if its in game)
Jolteon (31) – Docile - Hidden Power, Thunderbolt, Sand Attack, Shadow Ball
Charmeleon (32) – Docile - Mega Punch, Flamethrower, Steel Claw, Smokescreen
Sandslash (30) – Sassy - , Slash, Rock Slide, Earthquake