1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

LeafGreen First Time Usage Challenge

Discussion in '3rd Gen RMT' started by SonicSceptile, Aug 8, 2013.

1. SonicSceptile

SonicSceptile Elite Strategist

I've decided to do another runthrough of LG, but this time I've given myself a challenge. Aside from my starter, all of my other members have to be Pokemon I've never used. I picked the starter I'd used the least and went from there. Please don't suggest Egg or BF moves as this is a solely ingame team and I can't trade to get BF moves. I could use Item suggestions though.

Venasaur
    Ability: Overgrow
    Sludge Bomb
    Frenzy Plant
    Razor Leaf
    Double Edge

Sandslash
    Ability: Sand Veil
    Earthquake
    Slash
    Rock Slide
    Aerial Ace

Jolteon
    Ability: Volt Absorb
    Thunderbolt
    Thunder Wave
    Double Kick
    Quick Attack

Dodrio
    Ability: Early Bird
    Fly
    Tri Attack
    Steel Wing
    Drill Peck

Starmie
    Ability: Natural Cure
    Surf
    Ice Beam
    Thunderbolt
    Psychic

Hitmonlee
    Ability: Limber
    Brick Break
    Strength
    Rock Tomb
    Hi Jump Kick

Any suggestions will be appreciated.

Last edited: Aug 8, 2013
  2. Shymain

Shymain Shaymin Lover

As far as I can see, everyone has a pretty versatile moveset, so you're fine in that aspect.

Items, items, items. I would recommend Leftovers for Venusaur, if you can get one, but if not, then I wold say that the only item that I can recommend is a Quick Claw for Dodrio.

3. Darth Sabreus

Darth Sabreus Want to get a soda?

Why give Dodrio Quick Claw? It's fast enough ingame already. Give it to Sandslash instead. I would also replace Hi Jump Kick with Foresight on Hitmonlee. Foresight enables you to hit Ghosts and a STAB Brick Break will do more in one turn to a Ghost type than 2 Rock Tomb attacks. HJK is only slightly more powerful, it 10% less accurate and carries the downside of recoil if you miss. I'd value that base 10 power loss more and 10% more accuracy than the chance of recoil for only 10 more base power.

Also scrap Double Edge on Venusaur. STAB Sludge Bomb has 15 more power than Double Edge, has no recoil and has a Poison chance. You could replace it with Sleep Powder or even Leech Seed to help you last longer if you include Leftovers. You can get Lefties by using the Itemfinder right on top of either Snorlax tile after you catch or defeat it.