• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

LeafGreen First Time Usage Challenge

SonicSceptile

Elite Strategist
I've decided to do another runthrough of LG, but this time I've given myself a challenge. Aside from my starter, all of my other members have to be Pokemon I've never used. I picked the starter I'd used the least and went from there. Please don't suggest Egg or BF moves as this is a solely ingame team and I can't trade to get BF moves. I could use Item suggestions though.

Venasaur
Ability: Overgrow
Sludge Bomb
Frenzy Plant
Razor Leaf
Double Edge

Sandslash
Ability: Sand Veil
Earthquake
Slash
Rock Slide
Aerial Ace

Jolteon
Ability: Volt Absorb
Thunderbolt
Thunder Wave
Double Kick
Quick Attack

Dodrio
Ability: Early Bird
Fly
Tri Attack
Steel Wing
Drill Peck

Starmie
Ability: Natural Cure
Surf
Ice Beam
Thunderbolt
Psychic

Hitmonlee
Ability: Limber
Brick Break
Strength
Rock Tomb
Hi Jump Kick

Any suggestions will be appreciated.

Last edited:

Shymain

Shaymin Lover
As far as I can see, everyone has a pretty versatile moveset, so you're fine in that aspect.

Items, items, items. I would recommend Leftovers for Venusaur, if you can get one, but if not, then I wold say that the only item that I can recommend is a Quick Claw for Dodrio.

Darth Sabreus

Want to get a soda?
Why give Dodrio Quick Claw? It's fast enough ingame already. Give it to Sandslash instead. I would also replace Hi Jump Kick with Foresight on Hitmonlee. Foresight enables you to hit Ghosts and a STAB Brick Break will do more in one turn to a Ghost type than 2 Rock Tomb attacks. HJK is only slightly more powerful, it 10% less accurate and carries the downside of recoil if you miss. I'd value that base 10 power loss more and 10% more accuracy than the chance of recoil for only 10 more base power.

Also scrap Double Edge on Venusaur. STAB Sludge Bomb has 15 more power than Double Edge, has no recoil and has a Poison chance. You could replace it with Sleep Powder or even Leech Seed to help you last longer if you include Leftovers. You can get Lefties by using the Itemfinder right on top of either Snorlax tile after you catch or defeat it.