1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

League of Legends

Discussion in 'Other Video Game Discussion' started by Midnite♪, Jul 7, 2011.

1. Midnite♪

Midnite♪ Angelic

Just wondering if there are other League of Legends players around here. For those who don't know what it is, it's a game similar to Defense of the Ancients.

For those who play, perhaps we can discuss strategies, champion builds, etc., share stories of epic matches we've had, or maybe even queue together with other SPP players some time. It's a free game, by the way, so don't think money will prevent you newcomers from being able to play it.

(P.S. I searched the forum beforehand, and the only LoL-related thread I found was someone's referral link, sooo yeah, I'd hardly call that a discussion thread...)

2. Fenix

Fenix Tremulant

I'm sorry that I have to tell you this Midnite♪, but like the several DotA threads in this forum, this thread will die fast.

That said, I played LoL for a while, while it was very new in fact. Back then there were around half the her-champions, only one map, and many, many balance issues. I generally just play DotA (still do sometimes) when I want that kind of gameplay, but what interested me in LoL was the fact that unlike HoN, it was not a DotA clone and it had new ideas in it.

I enjoyed my time there, played a bit and unlocked a fair amount of champions, but when my amount of free time dropped by significantly, I had to choose between DotA and LoL, and obviously I chose DotA. Last I played the new league system was just being implemented and the newest champion was some acidic worm kind of thing that exploded upon death and had a super annoying ultimate.

I'd log in to play, but honestly, I'm pretty sure it'd have to download a huge update... so yeah.