• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Lean Mean Team Rocket Machine (560)

Pokefan 2000

i love this episode it make like team rocket again instead of groan when they came on screen only thing i didn't like is this was the perfect episode to add somewhere in loving memory of Maddie Blaustien but they didn't hope to see that either in the dubbed movie or another episode i knew this is bit cruel to say but i wish the battle had been inside the center and Pikachu had blown it up now that would have made it feel more nolastgic.

thunderblade12

This was a funny episode. I was bored out of my mind while watching it in Japanese but now that I can understand it, its actually entertaining. All of Team Rocket's pokemon were seen besides Seviper. I wish they would have added a flashback of Arbok, Lickitung, Victreebel and Weezing for extra nostaligia

MidnightMelody

Hopeful for Gen 8
This ep was mostly dubbed before Maddie's death.
I swear though hearing the Team Rocket song and there very first motto I swear I was expecting an "Eric Stuart Scream" from James!

A great ep

TR's old motto ****ing brilliant,i had my speakers at max vol and i hope they stay with it but i dont thing they will. 9/10 (the only reason i dont give a perfect score is becouse i want/miss the old voices :D)

ash_forever

Greatest Hero
Well basically, everything has already been said, but let me express it in my own words again though:

Really a hilarious episode!
Ash, Dawn, and Brock have restrained themselves today, but Team Rocket was the more funny and created a bunch of priceless scenes. I can't enumerate all of them, because one hilarious line or scene was followed by another one almost without interruption. Nevertheless, I want to mention things like "If you can't see south of the borderline..." or Meowth's reaction after he had realized that he had to team up with Team Rocket's clumsiest Pokemon, which all made me crack up.

As most of you have already pointed out, the nostalgia involved was a great, welcome surprise. A reminder of the past once in a while(!!!) goes down well with most of the fans.
But you mustn't forget either that the DP episodes surpass all previous ones and that Sinnoh was the starting point for episodes and plots entirely without precedent.
I appreciate references to the past...but please not too often.

The new Team Rocket uniform (as well as their jet-like car) was terrific! I wish they wore it a bit more often, because it would make them appear more serious. But on the other hand, who wants a mean, threatening Team Rocket in every episode? Thanks God the writers have given the three a new role which in my opinion is funnier, more complex and better than before.

Altogether, an almost exclusive Team Rocket episode with countless funny as well as really witty(e.g.non-electric proof robot) and mature elements!
Ash was allowed to take a break this time.

7 out of 10 points

R_N

This was the best episode if only because they used that awesome Team Rocket song from the early days of Pokemon (I think it was on the 1st movie soundtrack?), that to my knowledge was never even used at all in the Dub until now.

S.Suikun

Thank you, SPPf! :)
Now I've seen the dubbed scene with the mentioned BGM, being the first time in a while that I've actually gone out of my way to watch the dub. It's a bit repetitive with the same part of the chorus looped over and over, though certainly due to the rest of the song containing snippets by the 4Kids actors (I recall Maddie raising a stink about "Polka O Dolka" being used in Battle Frontier). Worked well nonetheless, and I'm not ashamed to say that I thought that song was completely badass at Age 10. Beat all the other crap on Radio Disney, for sure.

WaterDragon trainer

Freak Like Me
This episode was good. Like how Team Rocket started out fat and just got fatter. Also like how Dawn gets so excited seeing Oak. Found it hilarious so see Team Rocket exercising to lose their significant weight. Like how Croagunk knows the exact time to Poison Jab Brock as well as Team Rocket losing lots of weight in such little time. Found it funny when Meowth kept stuffing pokeballs in Carnivine’s mouth. It was quite interesting to hear Team Rocket’s old motto again. Also like how Team Rocket’s car pulled off a Transformers act. Also interesting to hear Team Rocket’s song playing in the background.

Ryuu-Anima

Sera Kureseria
Man did I miss Team Rocket's Rockin! Sure, it was just a loop, but it was a refreshing loop! And really, that was what half of the song was anyway. Took me a few runthroughs to realize they were looping. ^^;

I have been a fan of Team Rocket for AGES, and when I was young I always thougth they should become good guys eventually. Bu tnow? Nah, it's just not in them. Seeing what would happen if they ever slacked off from being the starving villans scared me as much as it made me giggle.

Horray for the return of the rose! And now, it serves a purpose! (all purpose lockpick, baby~!)

SmartD

Wow! This episode brought back lot's memories the from old series. There are lot's of references.

James' rose.
The disguises are similar to ones they wore from the Spinarak episode back in Johto.
Stealing Pokemon from the Pokemon Center like in the second episode.
The Double Trouble song
The Team Rocket Forever song
The Wild Kanto Battle music and The Day is Saved Music from Kanto
James' training outfit from Training Daze.
The fact the robot they used is vunerable to electric attacks similar to their first robot.

But most of all: the original motto. It's great to hear it again, it's been a long I've heard it before they changed it near the end of Advanced Battle. Those were good times.

gtab x3

This was my favorite filler episode ever!

I loved how they sayed there old motto at the end, gave me memories from when i used to watch it. Sad how Piplup fainted. I also liked how TR was attacking the pokemon centre, i really wanted TR to win that battle, but you know they can't....

i also liked how they were in the resturant and ran out screaming, it was soo funny.

Hejiru

Rev up those fryers
Nice touches doing the old motto and playing that Rocket song from ages ago in the background. :)

katfairy

The return of the old motto, and Dawn's "WTF?" reaction were priceless. It was also good to see J&J being competent for a change; if it wasn't for Team Yahoo, they'd have succeeded.

Short Wing

Home of the Braviary
The return of the old motto, and Dawn's "WTF?" reaction were priceless. It was also good to see J&J being competent for a change; if it wasn't for Team Yahoo, they'd have succeeded.

I agree, seeing Dawn's reaction was priceless.

TR can actually do some damage when they get focused and think things through. Like when they blew up part of the Pokemon center.

Having enough money for a mech for once, you think by now Meowth would remember to electriproof the robot

Brumrha

Banned
Heh, looks like all the time they've spent at the Pokemon Summer Academy has came back to kick them in their nuts, & hard!

It's a surprise that they can go from being tubs of lard to being petite & slim in no time, but all the fitness programs in the world can't help them jump up from being sub-par lowlifes.

& FYI, the chances of Giovanni getting those ultra-rare Pokemon are less than zero! *snickers*

*continues to linger around*

TurtwigFan1

burning it down
This was a great episode, I loved seeing the old motto and James' famous rose. I loved how he remembered TR's first mecha, that episode was also great. So overall, an absolutely awesome episode. (James should use his rose more often)

I feel sorry fo Team Rocket because that machine was really good. Piplup shouldn't had woken up. This was the best Team Rocket episode ever!