• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Least Faviourite Pokémon Animé Series

Status
Not open for further replies.

blob

Least Faviourite Pokémon Animé Series

What is your least faviourite Pokémon Animé series?

BW

Almost NO development was given to Ash's Pokémon, annoying companions and poor pacing is why this is without a doubt my least faviourite Pokémon series.

One thing that really gets me, is that there's almost no advertisement for B2W2, even though they wouldn't stop going on about the new features in BW in the beginning of the series! I guess there was that one 5 min special meant to advertise B2W2, but they didn't even show the white tree hollow/black skyscraper or join avenue in it, that could have easily been shown in the regular Animé instead.

Another big issue is I have is that the league was rushed for some lame N event, that could easily have been moved to BEFORE the league. It also doesn't help that you rarely see any of Ash's Pokémon (other than Pikachu) from Episode N on.

Finally, we have the poor development that Ash's Pokémon had been given. Palpitoad, Boldore and Unfezant all had the worst development of the lot, with poor toad hardly ever being used at all, Unfezant being shoved into a box constantly and Boldore's achievements just being forgettable.
Ash's more "developed" Pokémon also weren't used that much either or were, but just didn't evolve, like Scraggy, Snivy and Oshawott. Leavanny Krookodile, Pignite and Charizard also weren't used in that many battles and their lackluster "development" was advertised as screen time or evolution episodes.

BTW, if you want to watch this series, don't. The only Pokémon which won in the league matches are Pikachu, Krookodile and Pignite.

DP

I know many people enjoy DP right to the end, but I for one did not.

By the end of the series, you could tell the writers didn't care anymore, as most wins were given to Infernape, while poor Torterra got a solid 1 wins since it evolved.

There was also a lot of build up to which Pokémon Paul would use in his and Ash's final match, but most of the Pokémon he picked weren't even seen before, so the Pokémon everyone WANTED him to use, mostly weren't. These Pokémon are: Torterra, Honchkrow, Gliscor and Magmortar. Instead he used Ninjask, Drapion, Froslass and Gastrodon, which could have all easily belonged to another trainer.
I really wanted to see a Torterra vs. Torterra match and Gliscor vs. Gliscor, as well as Staraptor vs. Honchkrow. They also had better tactics instead of relying on boring spikes and Infernape winning against 3 of his Pokémon. :/

There's also false advertisement, as greatest everyday showed a lot of Ash's Pokémon being used against his challengers in the league, but a lot of them weren't even shown! Pokémon like Muk, Bayleef and Totodile were promised to be used, but they ultimately weren't. :/

These are my least faviourite series. What are yours?

Status
Not open for further replies.