• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Least Favorite Enhanced Version?

Which did you Dislike?

• Yellow

Votes: 9 33.3%
  • Crystal

Votes: 5 18.5%
  • Emerald

Votes: 1 3.7%
  • Platinum

Votes: 1 3.7%
  • Ultra Sun/Moon

Votes: 11 40.7%

• Total voters

Ishiftyounot

The Meme Supreme
So admittedly I've only played 3/5 of the options (and only beaten 1 of them) so I can't really comment on whether Yellow or Crystal were any good. I never beat USUM but have played Platinum a lot and I gave Emerald a good go a few times! So for me my vote goes to USUM, just based on what I've played. I will say that if Yellow is anything like Let's Go (I know Let's Go was inspired from Yellow although the characters are slightly different) then perhaps that clinches it but I will leave that be for now.

I don't mind USUM, I think it adds a lot of cool bits to the games that the originals sorely needed (move tutors, Mantine Surf, fleshing out Necrozma a bit, being a genuine challenge from the beginning) and although I've never beaten it I think I would prefer to play it over the originals for the extras I mentioned before. However, it also does a fair bit which is pretty damn annoying! It does not deal with the fact that the game is full of cutscenes and tutorials which annoys the hell out of me, particularly during the Melemele stuff when I really do not care much about how to play or the fact that it really wants me to try the Festival Plaza or the photography stuff (or the posing you do before Akala Island).

It changes the Pokedex up which is both good and bad - new Pokemon like Inkay, Zorua, Buneary, Hawlucha, Noibat and Murkrow are now available much earlier at the loss of stuff like Misdreavous being removed to the late/post-game, alongside stuff like Poipole being a late-game option despite being a brand new Pokemon you encounter as early as Akala. It also apparently changes the story to better justify Lusamine, which from what I've seen/looked up kind-of sucks since she was a cool villain in the Sun/Moon games and now it's just kind-of... eh.

The biggest thing is that it wasn't worth the full price of a new game for very little change - the new additions and minor story changes should've been a DLC really (and probably would have if these games were on the Switch). Would've made for a cool one too in the post-game, if you took Necrozma to the altars or maybe you would have encountered the Ultra Recon Squad hunting for Necrozma in the post-game and been battled with a Poipole/Naganadel, perhaps a friendly one would've followed you around and guided you in the Ultra Wormholes and you've caught the one you befriended in the end. Maybe if you had Nebby it would've changed things up a bit, who knows? But yeah, USUM is my pick for a bad enhanced version. Platinum was wayyyyyy more awesome.

Ignition

We are so back Zygardebros
Never been a fan of this practice so I’m glad SwSh is finally ending it.

If we’re looking as to what they add compared to the initial games, Platinum and USUM are easily the best. I hate when it came out and I won’t deny that 75% of the main story feels too similar but I think they added the most content that weren’t just boss roster changes, tutors, and an expanded Pokédex. Platinum fixes most of DP’s issues besides the speed and it feels like the most complete Pokémon game to me.

I honestly don’t get the appeal to Emerald and only think it gets love for the Battle Frontier but it’s still an enjoyable experience. Crystal is in my least favorite generation but I like a few of its changes like earlier Phanpy and the Odd Egg. So my least favorite is probably Yellow since all it adds are all the starters, a surfing mini game, and TRio from the anime which is not worth buying if you already have RB.

Leonhart

Imagineer
I never quite got the hype around Crystal version. All of my childhood friends loved it, but I didn't think that Game Freak did much to set it apart from Gold and Silver. A couple of story line changes involving Suicune and some graphic updates weren't enough in my view, and the Battle Tower was one of my least favorite places in the game.

Captain Jigglypuff

*On Vacation. Go Away!*
Yellow but only with the original GB cart version because the Surfing mini game is locked unless you have a N64 and Pokémon Stadium and Surfing Pikachu Which not everyone had. The beach house is virtually useless in the original version but the VC release did sort of rectify the issue. Also some of the Gym battles were annoying and getting Bulbasaur was tricky since it had to be so specific on how happy Pikachu was and the fact that you usually don’t get it to full happiness until after Celadon City Which by then Bulbasaur is too weak to use and you already have Charmeleon and Wartortle or even have them evolved by then.

TwilightBlade

Yellow hands down. It was cool if you liked the cartoon and wanted a Pokemon game with more cartoon references like the Team Rocket trio appearing and Pikachu following you but all in all it didn't offer anything major and the surfing mini game got boring after a while.

jaden767

Amphetamine
My least favorite is Emerald because it didn't feel like that big of an improvement over Ruby and Sapphire. Not that I hate Emerald either just that it's not a game I wanted to keep playing over and over.

RedBlastoise

Cerulean Blues
Yellow is my least favorite like I said in the other topic. It didn't introduce much and wasn't worth the cost but I bet alot of kids bought it because Pokemon was super popular in 1999 and anything with Pikachu on the cover sold like hotcakes.

Taodragon

Training Anaylst
Objectively, Yellow is probably the worst since it adds the least out of third versions. Subjectively USUM is probably my least favorite for not fixing the flaws that I was hoping it'd fix from SM (ex. Unskippable dialogue and cutscenes) on top of making some changes I don't like from the originals. I feel the former in particular really bothers me since Platinum went out of its way to try and fix the issues I didn't like with DP, so USUM not doing the same just made the problem more egregious.

Tsukuyomi56

Emblian Royalty
Pokemon Yellow as it did not add much compared to the third versions. One of its features is notably locked behind Pokemon Stadium.

CMButch

Kanto is love. Kanto is life.
This is probably not enhanced but the worst Pokemon game to date and probably ever is LGPE. It's bad because they put Go mechanics in main Pokemon games and they remade one of the most overrated regions aka Kanto.
Not to mention that they did to cash in from Go which died out in 2017( they started working on LGPE probably end of 2016.

MrJechgo

So much hatred for Yellow... why?
  • Pikachu as a starter
  • Bulbasaur, Charmander and Squirtle as obtainable Pokémon
  • MUCH better sprites
  • Much less annoying rival (Eevee and its evolutions aren't as challenging as the other starters)
  • Surfing Pikachu minigame
Didn't Ultra Sun/Moon change the story... but not all of the story?

Pokegirl Fan~

Liko>>>>>Ash
This is probably not enhanced but the worst Pokemon game to date and probably ever is LGPE. It's bad because they put Go mechanics in main Pokemon games and they remade one of the most overrated regions aka Kanto.
Not to mention that they did to cash in from Go which died out in 2017( they started working on LGPE probably end of 2016.
wait until we get let's go johto (or Sinnoh) instead of DP remakes

Also ORAS is another one of my least favorites if it counts.

CMButch

Kanto is love. Kanto is life.
wait until we get let's go johto (or Sinnoh) instead of DP remakes

Also ORAS is another one of my least favorites if it counts.
Imagine Leg's go Elekid and Let's go Togepi :eek::eek:
Personally, I would like if DP remakes come next, to have Johto in post game. Or Gen 9 to have Johto post game. Johto is criminally underused.