1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

Least Favorite Gen 2 gym leader?

Discussion in 'Pokémon Generation I & II Discussion' started by Wabblebabble123, Jun 7, 2018.

1. Wabblebabble123

Wabblebabble123 Ultimate Fortnite Noob

My least favorite was Falkner. He was quite easy to beat and he hasn't had any johto flying types like Natu/Xatu or Hoothoot/Noctowl. Even if you did have a Chikorita, you could have just gotten a Geodude.

2. BlisseyEX

BlisseyEX The happiness Pokémon

Claire :p
    I like all of the Gym leaders now but as a kid she was the one who I used to find annoying because of her sassy nature lol.

3. Cat's Eye Draco

Cat's Eye Draco Well-Known Member

I guess I'll have to go with Falkner as well for this one. I don't really dislike him, to be honest, but for some reason he's always been the least memorable of Johto's Gym Leaders for me. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Last edited: Jun 9, 2018
  4. Kage-Pikachu

Kage-Pikachu Well-Known Member

Bugsy! He's a gym leader with a Kakuna AND a Metapod!!! Bugs were already underpowered in gen 1 and he made no difference in gen 2 (he should have had Pinser and/or Heracross to complement his Scyther or at least their evolved forms).

5. Wabblebabble123

Clair was actually funny imho.

Last edited: Jun 10, 2018
    Leonhart likes this.
  6. KyogreThunder

KyogreThunder Call of Fate

Actually, most Johto Gym Leaders had lame teams (Morty, Falkner, Bugsy and Chuck don't even have any Generation II Pokemon). I say Falkner is the worst, because not only does he use only Kanto critters, but they are also members of the same family.

7. Wabblebabble123

I just realized that lol.

8. PsychoIncarnate

PsychoIncarnate Well-Known Member

The gym leaders for the most part have always been the lamest part of gen 2.

With the exception of Whitney and (my personal favorite) Jasmine.

Claire kind of bugs me the most because she gives you a task she believes you can't pass on purpose because she didn't want to accept defeat.

Leonhart likes this.
  9. parkcy31

parkcy31 New Member

Yes i find her really interesting lmao

Daizy likes this.
  10. Manchee

Manchee extra toasty

I'm not fond of Faulkner and Chuck. Chuck's gym is cool, but his personality is typical. Faulkner just didn't feel like anything important, but most of the first Gym Leaders don't, in my opinion.

11. WishIhadaManafi5

WishIhadaManafi5 Werewolf of London

From first playthrough (from some years back): Whitney (That dang Miltank!)

Second: Morty (His Gengar is a pain!)

Daizy likes this.
  12. Mega Altaria

Mega Altaria The best Mega Evolution

I don't really have a least favourite Gen 2 Gym Leader but I do have one that's my least favourite to battle and it's an obvious choice. Of course it's Whitney because of her Miltank. The last time I battled her I used a good number of X Defenses on my female Geodude to even deal with its Rollout.

13. Leonhart

Leonhart Disney fanatic

Akane (Whitney) was dreadful, not just due to her Miltank, but also because she was immature as seen by the way she whined when she lost the match in the games.

14. Daizy

Daizy I call you honey

Morty was awful to me because his Ghosts always gave me trouble since back in the Gold and Silver days it was tough finding good Psychic and Dark types.

WishIhadaManafi5 likes this.
  15. WishIhadaManafi5

WishIhadaManafi5 Werewolf of London

Word. Psyduck and Growlithe were a big help there with him. Scyther was ok and so was Butterfree. But other than that, it takes luck and chance when facing off against him.