• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Least Favorite Gen 2 gym leader?

WishIhadaManafi5

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before.
Staff member
Seriously, I used a female Machop before and she didn’t do too well. She would quite often get beaten by Miltank for some reason.
That stinks. Was she continuing to spam roll out and milk drink?

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
That stinks. Was she continuing to spam roll out and milk drink?
Yeah, pretty much. Combine these two moves and you’ll get a virtually unstoppable tank.

WishIhadaManafi5

Staff member
Yeah, pretty much. Combine these two moves and you’ll get a virtually unstoppable tank.
Yea I'm just grateful that she didn't get a chance to start things up. What level was your Machop? I was around lv 20 or so with it at the time.

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
Yea I'm just grateful that she didn't get a chance to start things up. What level was your Machop? I was around lv 20 or so with it at the time.
I don't remember I used one in the GSC games but I did use one in the remakes. I think she was around Lv 15 then, which would be tough for her. Because I haven't tried one in GSC so far, I could trade over a high levelled Drowzee then and see how it goes then. But I expect similar results.

Captain Jigglypuff

*On Vacation. Go Away!*
Falkner because he had a really dull personality even in the remakes and had nothing that outstanding about himself in the games. Bugsy was an avid Bug enthusiast whose gender was a bit ambiguous if you just look at the artwork of the games, Whitney had that annoying Miltank and took losing pretty hard and in the remakes love Poké-atholons. Morty was the keeper of lore in Ecruteak City and the source of knowledge involving the Johto Legendaries. Jasmine was extremely compassionate to the point she refused to accept any Gym challengers until she saw the Lighthouse Ampharos was 100% better. Chuck was a martial artist who trained alongside his Pokémon. Price was a seasoned trainer that never gave up battling to become stronger and also bonded very well with his Pokémon. And Clair was another sore loser that was also part of a clan that kept Dragon Pokémon and mastered their powers and was also related to Lance. Falkner was just some kid who was handed some bird Pokémon that belonged to his dad. Even his defeat quote was boring and showed no character at all. And the Kanto Gym Leaders were pretty much the same except Blue had mellowed out quite a bit except being a tiny bit bitter his short lived Pokémon League Champion title was taken away by Red and Janine who was trying too hard to be like her father Koga when she really was not like him at all and was a new character at the time of GSC’s release.

Leonhart

Imagineer
Denko Sekka said:
Jasmine had like the most annoying Johto Gym though lol, so she ranks low in my Johto Gym Leader list.

Annoying in what sense? She had no Gym trainers or even obstacles at her Gym, and her team wasn't that tough either as long as you had a Fire-type or Ground-type Pokemon.

WishIhadaManafi5

Staff member
I don't remember I used one in the GSC games but I did use one in the remakes. I think she was around Lv 15 then, which would be tough for her. Because I haven't tried one in GSC so far, I could trade over a high levelled Drowzee then and see how it goes then. But I expect similar results.
Ah I see. That could be pretty decent, along with leveling up the Machop, I think you'd do a decent chance.

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
Ah I see. That could be pretty decent, along with leveling up the Machop, I think you'd do a decent chance.
Yeah, that'll be good if that was the case. But the problem is levelling up in GSC is so hard compared to other games, which makes the grind harder but at least worth it. At least traded Pokémon get a boosted EXP boost but I can't level it up too high because it'll disobey.

WishIhadaManafi5

Staff member
Yeah, that'll be good if that was the case. But the problem is levelling up in GSC is so hard compared to other games, which makes the grind harder but at least worth it. At least traded Pokémon get a boosted EXP boost but I can't level it up too high because it'll disobey.
Yea, I found that the grass in Goldenrod and the Bug safari are a couple good places to train before facing off against Whitney. I agree with you there. Yep, gotta be careful on that one.

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
Yea, I found that the area near Morty's town is a decent place to train up. I just put the guy I want to train up top and then switch out. I agree with you there. Yep, gotta be careful on that one.
I heard that the Stantler there are good to train against but their Stomps can do plenty of damage, so I gotta be extra careful there. Combine that with Hypnosis and it could be a disaster. But at least it will still obey if I train it up to Lv 30, which is already good for the battle against Whitney.

WishIhadaManafi5

Staff member
I heard that the Stantler there are good to train against but their Stomps can do plenty of damage, so I gotta be extra careful there. Combine that with Hypnosis and it could be a disaster. But at least it will still obey if I train it up to Lv 30, which is already good for the battle against Whitney.
Yea, but aren't we blocked from there until we can defeat the Sudowoodo (it's why I reedited the post). Yep. Wouldn't Drowzee be as good to train against? Same with Ditto and Abra?

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
Yea, but aren't we blocked from there until we can defeat the Sudowoodo (it's why I reedited the post). Yep. Wouldn't Drowzee be as good to train against? Same with Ditto and Abra?
Oh I just realised. They would be around Lv 10 so I don't think they're too good but Drowzee has a high EXP yield there and it's common so it's good to train against. Since her Miltank is around Lv 20, I still expect the grind to be tough.

WishIhadaManafi5

Staff member
Oh I just realised. They would be around Lv 10 so I don't think they're too good but Drowzee has a high EXP yield there and it's common so it's good to train against. Since her Miltank is around Lv 20, I still expect the grind to be tough.
Ah yea it does. It adds up. Yep. But it doesn't take too long.

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
Ah yea it does. It adds up. Yep. But it doesn't take too long.
About how long then? I think it'll take a couple of hours. It's just that I would like to find a quick and efficient way to beat that Miltank.

WishIhadaManafi5

Staff member
About how long then? I think it'll take a couple of hours. It's just that I would like to find a quick and efficient way to beat that Miltank.
It took me a few days. A few hours each day. (Since I'm busy at times.) Maybe.

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
It took me a few days. A few hours each day. (Since I'm busy at times.) Maybe.
That's definitely quite a bit of time. But these days I kinda get a bit more bored with grinding and for something like that it'll take me a week to grind if I play an hour a day.

Denko Sekka

Annoying in what sense? She had no Gym trainers or even obstacles at her Gym, and her team wasn't that tough either as long as you had a Fire-type or Ground-type Pokemon.

I mean how she made us fetch her some medicine just so we could challenge her Gym. It was a tedious side quest.