• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Least favorite gym puzzle in every generation ?

Captain Jigglypuff

*On Vacation. Go Away!*
Did Valerie's gym puzzle in X/Y give anyone Sabrina flashbacks? That's what it reminded me of the first time.
Not really as the graphics of the 3DS allowed each room to have a unique look to them that navigating was much easier to do and to figure out where you were and which rooms you had already been in.

Last edited:

Nyter

Island Challenger
Something about Wynona's gym in Fortree City. The swinging bars and basically being forced to be in the line of sight of a trainer to battle.

And for all quiz gym puzzles... I usually get them wrong on purpose to be able to grind some more with battles.
And I actually enjoyed Blaine's quiz show from Let's Go Pikachu/Eevee.

NovaBrunswick

Canada Connoisseur
Something about Wynona's gym in Fortree City. The swinging bars and basically being forced to be in the line of sight of a trainer to battle.

It's annoying, but not quite as annoying as Wallace's gym full of ice tiles.

I remember spending about half an hour in Maylene's gym in Platinum just trying to figure out where to push the punching bags to knock the stacks of tires over. Same thing with Candice's.

Pokefan_1987

Avid Pokemon TCG Card collector.
I have to add a honorable mention. Does anyone else remember the last puzzle in the Rainbow Rocket Episode. The last room leading to Maxie (Magma Leader) has the last of 3 color sequence puzzle rooms.

However watching youtube guides doesn't work, it's completely random for players. I have a short-term memory with these types puzzles and the grunt interruption was so annoying that i had to pull out and use my cellphone to record the correct sequence shown earlier on screen. i'm never doing this sidequest again.

Last edited:

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
Good idea on the recording. What I did was writting down (it went like that: one blink, press home screen, write down, resume game and then do it again).

That was super annoying.

Pokefan_1987

Avid Pokemon TCG Card collector.
Good idea on the recording. What I did was writing down (it went like that: one blink, press home screen, write down, resume game and then do it again).

That was super annoying.
That's slower than my strategy. But aligning the phone with one hand trying for clear quality while the other hand is managing a small handheld was not easy.

RedJirachi

Veteran member
Lt. Surge's gym is pure agony. At least with Koga you can "feel" your way around the invisible barriers

Captain Jigglypuff

*On Vacation. Go Away!*
Lt. Surge's gym is pure agony. At least with Koga you can "feel" your way around the invisible barriers
And the RB version is even easier when playing on a Super Game Boy or Game Boy Color given the walls are easier to see.