• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Least favorite scenes in the anime?

DatsRight

While the twerps are very rarely designated heroes against TR themselves, there are times they're put against a trainer or Pokemon that picked on them first or otherwise was such an asswipe that you WANTED the TRio to harass them, because you knew the only alternative was the twerps defending them and them becoming a complete karma houdini. The prima donna Wigglytuff in 'Lights Camera Quacktion', the trolling chef Sneasel in 'Hail to the Chef', the Pancham and Pangoro in 'The Bamboozling Forest', they all picked on TR (and often the twerps)....just because, often without any knowledge they were even villains and got enabled in the end because the twerps were doormats who helped them without so much as a reprimand. Hell even some times TR DID start it were serious disproportionate retribution (the Pangoro in 'So You Had A Bad Day' got their food stolen by TR, fair enough...so they try to KILL TR and even the twerps, despite actually knowing it was only TR that did it).

Last edited:

Epicocity

While the twerps are very rarely designated heroes against TR themselves, there are times they're put against a trainer or Pokemon that picked on them first or otherwise was such an asswipe that you WANTED the TRio to harass them, because you knew the only alternative was the twerps defending them and them becoming a complete karma houdini. The prima donna Wigglytuff in 'Lights Camera Quacktion', the trolling chef Sneasel in 'Hail to the Chef', the Pancham and Pangoro in 'The Bamboozling Forest', they all picked on TR (and often the twerps)....just because, often without any knowledge they were even villains and got enabled in the end because the twerps were doormats who helped them without so much as a reprimand. Hell even some times TR DID start it were serious disproportionate retribution (the Pangoro in 'So You Had A Bad Day' got their food stolen by TR, fair enough...so they try to KILL TR and even the twerps, despite actually knowing it was only TR that did it).

If I remember right, especially in the latter, the Pangoro didn't actually know that the twerps had nothing to do with it. They didn't see TRio steal the fruit and then saw the twerps handling it, leading to the attack on both parties. But considering the number of times random Ursaring, Beedrill, Toxicroak etc. try to kill even the twerps just for walking into their territory...not sure how it's a major complaint when it's pulled on TRio...

DatsRight

If I remember right, especially in the latter, the Pangoro didn't actually know that the twerps had nothing to do with it. They didn't see TRio steal the fruit and then saw the twerps handling it, leading to the attack on both parties. But considering the number of times random Ursaring, Beedrill, Toxicroak etc. try to kill even the twerps just for walking into their territory...not sure how it's a major complaint when it's pulled on TRio...

I thought the fact they actually remembered what they looked like was what got Meowth caught out as the one who did it.

I think it's more the fact that otherwise such cases are still treated like antagonists, with the twerps even willing to fight back, while if it's an episode where the TRio are going to pick on it, the twerps have to turn stupid good and not just defend it (which is kind of expected given how they'll defend even TR themselves at times) but treat it like it's not done anything wrong (even they suffered just as much abuse from it as TR did). In better written cases, the Pokemon will get a humbling first or show guilt that the twerps defended it after all the crap it pulled (often ends up with actual captures like Squirtle or Snorunt), but in most other cases, the TRio are pretty much a short cut around all that development and a curb stomp before cutting right to the happy ending, with no real signs the COTD has changed. The Goodra vs Florges arc was another example of TR being abruptly used so they didn't have to work around the grey morality situation (which was annoying since you'd think within about 20 episodes of build up they could have thought of a more satisfying way to plot it out).

I think a lot of people were rooting for TR to scam North Petalburg dry in "A Double Dilemma" as well.

Last edited:

Satomine Night

The Power of Z!
I thought the fact they actually remembered what they looked like was what got Meowth caught out as the one who did it.
As I call, the Pangoro and Pancham actually saw Team Rocket with the bag of apples and heard them talking about it, which is how they got caught. Epicocity is right: given the number of times Pokémon have attempted to maim/kill Ash and his friends just for walking into their territory, it shouldn't be a big deal when Pokémon attack Team Rocket for stealing their food. Pokémon are not always benevolent creatures.

I think it's more the fact that such cases are still treated like antagonists, with the twerps even willing to fight back, while if it's an episode where the TRio are going to pick on it, the twerps have to turn stupid good and not just defend it but treat it like it's not done anything wrong. In better written cases, the Pokemon will be humbled first or show guilt that the twerps defended it after all the crap it pulled, but in most other cases, the TRio are pretty much a short cut around all that development and a curb stomp before cutting right to the happy ending, with no real signs the COTD has changed. The Florges arc was another example of TR being abruptly used so they didn't have to work around the grey morality situation (which was annoying since you'd think within about 20 episodes they could have thought of a more satisfying way to plot it out).
Team Rocket practically lives for antagonizing Ash (read: stalking him across the world and trying to kidnap his best friend). So can you really blame him or his friends for assuming Team Rocket is up to no good?

DatsRight

As I call, the Pangoro and Pancham actually saw Team Rocket with the bag of apples and heard them talking about it, which is how they got caught. Epicocity is right: given the number of times Pokémon have attempted to maim/kill Ash and his friends just for walking into their territory, it shouldn't be a big deal when Pokémon attack Team Rocket for stealing their food. Pokémon are not always benevolent creatures.

Team Rocket practically lives for antagonizing Ash (read: stalking him across the world and trying to kidnap his best friend). So can you really blame him or his friends for assuming Team Rocket is up to no good?

Yeah but the thing is cases like teaming up with said non-belevolent Pokemon to stop Team Rocket still seems to be treated as making them...benevolent after all? It's like choosing a petty jerk as the lesser of two evils against the card carrying bad guy makes them actually good. I'm not just over-sympathising with TR either, there's plenty of times this happens with characters that are only bullying the twerps.

I could sort of take 'A Double Dilemma' since it was made clear saving North Petalburg didn't suddenly sweep it under the rug that they are jerks (a sad fact Ash had to put up with but did give him a depth of likeability in helping them anyway). It's the problem I have with many TR interruptions; they seem to be the replacement for a proper third act where some sort of transition in character development is meant to occur. I'd at least like more cases where it isn't making a COTD an outright karma houdini jackass.

I remember that episode where Chikorita was acting like a jealous little SOB to Pikachu and then a TR face-off occurred, the narration suggested Chikorita had learned from her attitude and I was left thinking.....when exactly? She curb stomped an obvious villain.....and that developed her how?

Last edited:

wobbanut

Team Awesome
The singing scenes in Same Old Song and Dance. Ugggghhhhh. Those songs by Brittney are so insipid, and they're sung in monotone, and they're wordy. The scenes in the auditorium also aren't helped by the fact that it's creepy that the audience seems to be composed of mostly adult men loving these songs that sound like they were composed for kindergartners. It's my least favorite episode of the series for the assault on my ears. At least Team Rocket bring back their song motto for some respite from the music.

mehmeh1

Not thinking twice!
ash losing to trip in bw001

mehmeh1

Not thinking twice!
A trainer’s attitude rubs off on the Pokémon. If Morrison was gung ho from the start then Giraferig would have fared much better.

It’s more like I have to accept that Gligar was the strongest based on feats eventhough narratively Metang was meant to be Morrison’s Ace. Just because I’m accepting something doesn’t mean I’m happy about it.

I know that’s why I said a bit above Swellow. If it weren’t for Pikachu needing to land multiple attacks on the crack to get the job done I would have put it on par with or maybe even slightly below Swellow. Also the point was that Pikachu didn’t expend any significant stamina when beating Metagross.

Yeah if they’re supposed to be equals then Morrison shouldn’t have been able to make a 6 vs 4 so competitive.

For the record Ash vs Cameron was technically a full battle and it was on both of our lists so no being a full battle doesn’t give it an automatic pass. Basiedes I said TOP 15 when excluding Glalie vs Metang. The full battle would be more like TOP 20 - 25.

Eh it’s fine; I don’t agree with everything on your list being bad either (Blaziken was arguably the best league loss Ash ever had IMO).

btw, would sm54 pikachu count in the peakachu stuff?

Genaller

Silver Soul
btw, would sm54 pikachu count in the peakachu stuff?

That Pikachu with 10MVT might be able to beat Peakachu; however, he can’t be considered “Peakachu” since A) as you’ll notice in my sig all Peakachu feats are in official battles and B) It specifically needs a Z-move without which it’s still a ways off from the Tobias and Alain variants of Peakachu a.k.a if it were to go Peak mode on top of having 10MVT, his viability would still be all the more higher.

DatsRight

One of my least favourite episodes is 'The Love of Meowth'. I know I should like it because of the Fury Swipes of Love thing, but pretty much NO ONE in that episode comes off as likeable.

First of all, Meowth attempts to sell out Jessie and James for a quick crush on a Glameow (yeah I know Meowth backstabs a lot, but it by the time of DP, it was established that Meowth was either faking it or turned his back on them because they hurt him first, and either way he never had the heart to really go through with it). The two are naturally outraged, but the owner and the twerps are so equally ticked that they decide to team up and give Meowth a beatdown with nearly ALL their powerhouses at once, something that if not for his random power boost would have been ridiculous overkill. And when Meowth is crushed and won't fight back anymore they start beating him up when he's already down like a bunch of sore losers.

Here's the real catch however, the Glameow was never kidnapped. She joined Meowth willingly and despite this the twerps and it's owner agreed Meowth had committed evil and had to get squashed for it. Then the Glameow evolves and turns into an abusive jerk to Meowth, at which point the owner has it blast him off for mistreating HER. The Purrugly despite pivoting the plot by abandoning it's trainer and just generally acting like a turd, was treated as the victim and suffered no consequences.

Last edited:

Captain Jigglypuff

*On Vacation. Go Away!*
I find the Dunsparce Deception episode quite cringe worthy simply because literally everyone and everything in the episode calls Dunsparce a “Bug type.” Even the Poké Dex. The only part that is hilarious and not cringe inducing is the TR play. James hurling Meowth into the air and calling it a Sky Attack was genius.

DatsRight

I find the Dunsparce Deception episode quite cringe worthy simply because literally everyone and everything in the episode calls Dunsparce a “Bug type.” Even the Poké Dex. The only part that is hilarious and not cringe inducing is the TR play. James hurling Meowth into the air and calling it a Sky Attack was genius.

Remembering when TR were spontaneous enough in their schemes that they were the REDEEMING PART of some episodes.

LadyTriox

I have a boyfriend now; I am his princess❤️
Several parts of season 8 were just awful to me.

Like when Ash was going to the pokemon league in hoenn and told Oak he REFUSED to use any of his older pokemon. It made me so angry at him i had nightmares over it...

Also, I couldn't stand Morison. He was like some immature overly hyper active rival who wasn't overall very interesting and was like a 5 year old in the body of a 10 year old in personality -_-'

DatsRight

While the 'Meowth turns mole' arc in BW was decent and probably TR at their tops, one of the things that bugged me was that Meowth was still the butt monkey a few times. I mean it's not that element in particular that's an irritance, it's a characteristic element of Meowth and you could understand the twerps not being particularly welcoming of him after all he's done, but that never really seemed the case here, the twerps seemed perfectly accepting of him and thought they were being good friends to him, yet nearly every episode either had Meowth having some kind act abused or thrown back in his face (eg. the Purloin episode) or the twerps using law of disproportionate response on him whenever he was a hindrance (Ash has at least never had Pikachu repeatedly Thunderbolt Rowlet awake like Meowth in the Dream Thief episode).

It kinda skewed the setup of the arc, that Meowth was supposedly getting a good deal to redeem himself and was throwing it away just to screw the twerps over again, especially since a large pivot to him turning to TR in the first place was him being mistreated in his younger life. It almost left a question mark whether it was a trick in the first place or if a couple journeys with the twerps left him hating their guts.

Last edited:

SinnohEevee

While the 'Meowth turns mole' arc in BW was decent and probably TR at their tops, one of the things that bugged me was that Meowth was still the butt monkey a few times. I mean it's not that element in particular that's an irritance, it's a characteristic element of Meowth and you could understand the twerps not being particularly welcoming of him after all he's done, but that never really seemed the case here, the twerps seemed perfectly accepting of him and thought they were being good friends to him, yet nearly every episode either had Meowth having some kind act abused or thrown back in his face (eg. the Purloin episode) or the twerps using law of disproportionate response on him whenever he was a hindrance (Ash has at least never had Pikachu repeatedly Thunderbolt Rowlet awake like Meowth in the Dream Thief episode).

It kinda skewed the setup of the arc, that Meowth was supposedly getting a good deal to redeem himself and was throwing it away just to screw the twerps over again, especially since a large pivot to him turning to TR in the first place was him being mistreated in his younger life. It almost left a question mark whether it was a trick in the first place or if a couple journeys with the twerps left him hating their guts.

Given it only turned out to be a trick, I think he deserved all the **** he got.

DatsRight

Given it only turned out to be a trick, I think he deserved all the **** he got.

As said though, no one knew that. Hell even if they WERE wary around him and THAT was why he was a butt monkey could have worked but otherwise it almost made the twerps look like ***hole victims, especially with the expected 'And we were such awesome friends to you' outraged remarks after he revealed himself.

Last edited:

Tiffo

Geeky Pokemon Master
I am not sure about a least favourite, however one scene that always irked me was Pikachu+Swellow vs Solrock and Lunatone. Instead of coming up with an actual good strategy they had Ash order Pikachu to use thunder on Swellow to cover it in some sort of thunder armour.

AssualtVestPyukumuku

Any scene with Cameron, N & Alain
All of Episode N (espically the moment when Ash & N were trapped underground)
Iris getting mad at Ash over a sour berry
The (re)release of Goodra & Greninja