• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Least Favourite Moves

blob

Which Moves don't you like? I hate a majority of 6th gen Moves, because most attack orientated ones are quite weak. It's like 1st gen all over again.

There are also too many Event-Exclusive TCG-like Moves. Who cares about Happy Hour? It was only given to one Japanese Pokémon anyway.

Sprinter1988

Personally, I hate Stealth Rocks. It's such a broken move entry hazards are fine but one that does super-effective damage is a bit much. Doing double-super effective damage is even worse. It pretty much cripples fire, bug, flying and ice types and is a death knell for Charizard, Talonflame, Moltes, Articuno, Ho-oh, Scyther, Volcarona, and any number of bug/flying types that sometimes appear in the lower tiers.

I mean, Spikes is quite clearly stated to be a ground type move, right? So why doesn't it do super-effective damage on pokemon like Blaziken, Electivire and Steelix? Why can Aggron, Magcargo or Bastiodon switch into Spikes and not end up half dead? It doesn't make sense to me, it really doesn't.

If you're gonna screw over one group of pokemon, you might as well do it for all the rest. How about we give Electric Terrain the added bonus of zapping the opponent's pokemon the moment they turn up on the field, ruining Gyarados, Swanna and Mantine forever! Or change Grassy Terrain to bring Swampert, Carracosta and Rhyperior crashing to the ground! Or change Toxic Spikes to put Whimsicott out of the running before it can set up anything! Let's have floating icicles that tear into Dragonite, Gliscor and Garchomp like a bear into a beehive! How about a fire hazard for Abomasnow, Scizor and Leavanny, or a fairy hazard for Hydreigon and Scrafty! A psychic hazard for Toxicroak, a bug hazard for Malamar and Cacturne, a water hazard for Camerupt and Golem, a flying hazard for Breloom and Heracross, a steel hazard for Aurorus and Diancie, a fighting hazard for Bisharp and Weavile and a ghost hazard for Hoopa!

Sound unreasonable? Yes it does, but that didn't stop game freak doing it once, so who's to say what the games will be like come Generation 10!?

ZoruaBoo

*slaps younger me*
Like an idiot I misread the title of this thread and saw: "Least favourite movies?"

Anyways... probably Confuse Ray/Supersonic/Swagger. There is nothing more annoying then just starting out on your Pokemon adventure and going into a cave full of Zubats and having your lead Pokemon punch itself in the face.

KyogreThunder

Call of Fate
Personally, I hate Stealth Rocks. It's such a broken move entry hazards are fine but one that does super-effective damage is a bit much. Doing double-super effective damage is even worse. It pretty much cripples fire, bug, flying and ice types and is a death knell for Charizard, Talonflame, Moltes, Articuno, Ho-oh, Scyther, Volcarona, and any number of bug/flying types that sometimes appear in the lower tiers.

I mean, Spikes is quite clearly stated to be a ground type move, right? So why doesn't it do super-effective damage on pokemon like Blaziken, Electivire and Steelix? Why can Aggron, Magcargo or Bastiodon switch into Spikes and not end up half dead? It doesn't make sense to me, it really doesn't.
Agreed.If anything,Stealth Rock should have been designed to cause damage based on layers,similiarly to Spikes.I have no idea why the stupid levitating stones weren't banned ages ago.

Orithan

Nobody really finds SR to be so much of a problem that it needs to be banned when they actually look into the metagame.

Yes SR is really powerful, almost broken, on paper and is part of the reason the metagame is so offensively inclined, but it doesn't outright cripple as many pokemon as you think it does and plays a vital balancing role in relation to the current metagame.
Firstly, its damage output. Firstly: unlike Spikes, it can't be stacked. Spikes do the same amount of damage on just one layer as SR (neutral) when they are up regardless of the pokemon's type. Secondly: very few pokemon, if any, are lower tier solely for having a weakness to SR. Those pokemon have crippling weaknesses that are not related to SR - Most of the regional birds lack ways to get around Steel types for example. Lower-tiered pokemon also tend to have bad stat spreads or meh typings eg. Articuno. Without SR, those pokemon won't suddenly rise tiers.
Thirdly, it serves as important checks to several major threats in the metagame today: Talonflame, Mega Charizards and Volcarona (and Mega Pinsir to a lesser extent, in the case it is forced out while Mega'd). All of these are the only big threats in OU that are truly threatened by SR and, without it, become exceedingly powerful threats because now you have to make sure you pack something that can handle them and might possibly push M.Charizard X over the line into banworthy status. Volcarona can easily come in multiple times in the battle and attempt to set up on walls and whatnot while it becomes easy for Charizard to come in and mega on something that can't do much to it if rocks aren't there to stop them. Talonflame can just simply switch in without fear of SR and begin spamming priority everywhere. Ho-oh, who has an incredibly powerful Assault Vest set paired with Regenerator (which, by the way, helps to mitigate some of the SR damage), in Ubers is in a similar boat to M.Charizard Y.

PKMN TRAINER Oliver

ポケットモンスタ一
I'd say quash, it's a terrible move that can only be used in double battles, especially considering the fact that I don't like double battles that much to start with.

nel3

Crimson Dragon
its a 2 way tie for me, Swagger (+various other confusion moves) and attract (infatuation). both are very annoying to deal with, especially if the 2 stack with a status condition ie paralysis. though by themselves attract seems to be the one to cause more trouble imo. is there any way to cure infatuation in gen6? I don't think any berries did that in gen 4 where you had red flute. if im correct the only way to get rid of infatuation is to switch out, as compared to confusion that passes.

Most annoying moves are definitely supersonic and confuse ray. Stupid freaking Zubats!!!
Most useless move would be splash.

Blaze The Movie Fan

Reviewer and PokéFan
There is a darn good reason double team is banned because it makes it harder for the opponent to hit and there is almost no way to change that.

The few moves that DO decrease evasiveness are so rarely used because no one would use them for any reason other that counter double team and moves used for one minor purpose are not worth using.

As for moves I hate using I'd say memento. It is a terrible move overall. Is it worth to knock out your own Pokémon to decrease a stat by two stages. Not in the slightest.

In fact too many moves like that exist that don't harm the Pokémon using it.

Last edited:

Sunset Star

The DS Gamer
On the subject of Stealth Rock: TamashiiHiroka's video about overrated Pokémon springs to mind. It had some good points at first, but then towards the end it boiled down to "this Pokémon sucks because Stealth Rock weaknesses". Is Stealth Rock really as omnipresent as everyone says it is? I never see it on Battle Spot and I've only seen it on PSS battles once, but then again, I've never used Showdown, so maybe it's more common there. /ramble

KyogreThunder

Call of Fate
Secondly: very few pokemon, if any, are lower tier solely for having a weakness to SR. Those pokemon have crippling weaknesses that are not related to SR - Most of the regional birds lack ways to get around Steel types for example. Lower-tiered pokemon also tend to have bad stat spreads or meh typings eg. Articuno. Without SR, those pokemon won't suddenly rise tiers.
I admit that,but Stealth Rock also cripples the otherwise great Pokemon with wide movepools,such as Zapdos,Togekiss and Arcanine.Unlike Toxic Spikes,the floating rocks can't be removed by a Pokemon of a certain type.So you have to sacrifice some of the type coverage just for Rapid Spin,which is otherwise a pointless move.

Blaze The Movie Fan

Reviewer and PokéFan
I really feel that stealth rock should be banned.

I'm sick and tired of having to deal with my Arcanine and Magmortar being knocked out easily because of these stupid stealth rock.

Both these Pokémon already have low defense stat as it is, making it even worse for them is something I don't support.

Kalosian

So long
Moves that rely on luck/hax has always bothered me, but the ones I like the very least would have to be the OHKO moves and all moves that raise Evasion or lower Accuracy.

phanpycross

God-king
Focus blast and stone edge for screwing me over all the time.

SR is annoying as heck too.

Sand attack and confuse ray, those are so annoying in gen 3.