• Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Least Favourite of each Starter Trio?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kanto: Bulbasaur
Johto: Chikorita
Hoenn: Can't choose (They're all awesome)
Sinnoh: Piplup
Unova: Tepig

Wait, this is the same as the comment above me :p

Eelijah

The Musketeer
Kanto: Bulbasaur ― It never really grew on me;
Johto: Chikorita ― It's not that I don't like it, it just happens to be my least favourite among the Johto starters;
Hoenn: Treecko ― It's a quite cool Pokémon, but the fact that its final form doesn't get a second type like its peers makes Treecko my least favourite from the Hoenn starters;
Sinnoh: Chimchar ― Although I prefer Infernape over Empoleon, I will say Chimchar is my least favourite because here we're talking about starters specifically;
Unova: Snivy ― Should I even discuss this?

Lulu_used_SunnyDay

Petal Blizzard
Kanto: Squirtle.
I mean, Blastoise is all right, but it's the one I've used the least in the years, plus it's the starter of choice of both my rival ('cause I usually go for charmander) and my brother, ergo my REAL LIFE rival.

Jhoto: Cyndaquil.
I HATE the whole line so much. Has to be one of the most ridiculous, tasteless pokemon design ever.

Hoenn: None.
I like all of them. Sceptile is the best one, but I can't pick a fav. between Blaziken and Swampert. Used a lot and learned to love both.

Sinnoh: Turtwig.
The line was actually pretty neat before it turned into that hideous thing known as Torterra. The typing is also horrifying.

Unova:
Oshawott. Did they give it such a huge nose on purpose? And Dewott's coloring was a mistake, right? And how did they change so radically to turn into a narwhal-horse? Samurott in itself is decent though, if you look at it on its own and try to ignore its pre-evos.

Last edited:

wobbanut

Team Awesome
Kanto- Though I like all the starters, my vote would probably be squirtle because I haven't found blastoise to be as good a fighter as charizard or venusaur.

Johto- Cyndaquil. Cyndaquil is mega-cute in the anime, but typhlosion sucks. I played it in Crystal and have yet to use it in HeartGold or SoulSilver because I haven't restarted the games.

Hoenn- Treecko. Each sceptile I've had is a wimp compared to blaziken and swampert.

Sinnoh- I don't know, it's a tossup between turtwig and piplup. Their final forms just pale in comparison to the awesomeness that is infernape.

Unova- I've only played one game so far, with snivy, so I'm holding off on this.

Silver Bolt

Undying flames
Kanto - Bulbasaur. Just never really liked it. Tried using it once, but stopped half way through and restarted to choose a different starter.

Johto - Chikorita. Not only is it kinda weak, but I don't like it's looks at all.

Hoenn - Mudkip. Blame it on the stupid meme. And the fact that I just never liked it. Kinda the same reason as for Bulbasaur.

Sinnoh - Piplup. I actually don't know why. I just don't like it. Haven't even used it once.

Unova - Snivy. I just don't like it at all.

Neekerisanni123

Kanbei <3 _ <3
Kanto - Squirtle line. Charmander and Bulbasaur are my favorites, but Squirtle is... meh. Rather boring.
Johto - Cyndaquil line. To me, Cyndaquil and its evolutions were always kind of weak.
Hoenn - Mudkip line. Boring. Next.
Sinnoh - Chimchar line. Another Fire/Fighting-type starter... yay. >_>
Unova - Oshawott line. I don't like their designs, and their names are kinda derpy.

Buuz

Smash Trainer
My least favourite starter of each region...

Kanto - Bulbasaur line. It's not that i don't like them, i just like the Charmander and Squirtle line a whole lot better. Especially the Charmander line, Charizard FTW.

Johto - Chikorita line. I was always the offensive trainer, so i didn't like how Chikorita and it's evolutions were defensive pokémon.

Hoenn - Torchic and Mudkip line, since i can't decide which one's worse. I like them both, but not as much as the Treecko line. Yay for Grovyle!

Sinnoh - Turtwig line, obviously. Slow, and a 4x weakness to ice when it evolves into Torterra. Plus a fiery, fighting monkey and an iron penguin are just badass.

Unova - Oshawott line. My favourite's the Snivy line, and Tepig's line has good attack, but Oshawott's line is just terrible. Makes me wonder why i'm choosing Oshawott for my first Black 2 run...

Nyarlathotep

Eldritch Abomination
Kanto: Charmander line. I have nothing against Charmander and Charmeleon.
In fact, Charmeleon is in my TOP20. But Charizard? Can't stand it nor its fans.

Johto: Totodile line. Again, I have nothing against... Totodile.
It is very cute. But both Croconaw and Feraligatr are ugly as hell, specially the late. >_<

Hoenn: Mudkip line. This time I must say I like all of the starters, so I am picking Mudkip here because it is my least favorite of the trio.
But even so, I think Swampert is awesome. Easily one of the better looking Water-Type Pokémon.

Sinnoh: I like all of them equally, sorry.

Unova: Oshawott line. All of Unova starters well designed, much like the ones from Sinnoh and Hoenn.
But I don't know, there is something a bit wrong with Samurott's design... It is just weird. Maybe it is the position of it in the artwork and sprite? >_>

tl;dr: Charmander, Totodile, Mudkip, none, Oshawott.

Kanto - Squirtle line. Charmander and Bulbasaur are my favorites, but Squirtle is... meh. Rather boring.
Johto - Cyndaquil line. To me, Cyndaquil and its evolutions were always kind of weak.
Hoenn - Mudkip line. Boring. Next.
Sinnoh - Chimchar line. Another Fire/Fighting-type starter... yay. >_>
Unova - Oshawott line. I don't like their designs, and their names are kinda derpy.

I like how you dislike the 2nd Fire/Fighting family and say nothing about the 3th Fire/Fighting family...

Schade

Steel-Clad Wonder
Squirtle, Cyndaquil, Torchic, Chimchar and Oshawott

Tonguetyd

Gen 1:I just can't decide.
Gen 2:Cyndaquil.It and Quilava just looked little cute miserable furries to me.At least Typhlosion is a bit on the cool side.
Gen 3:Torchic.It's a chicken.A CHICKEN.
Gen 4:piplup.Piplup and Prinplup are just Bleh.
Gen 5:Snivy.Samurott has swords and a mustache,Emboar has tusks and fists.What has Serperior got?Oh right,NOTHING.

Poliwhirl'sMittens

Lorelei's Apprentice
Gen 1: Can't decide although I like Charmander over both Squirtle and Bulbasaur since it's my favorite pokemon but they're still two of my favorites. I usually base favorites on looks and Kanto definitely has the cutest starters, and most badass evolved forms in terms of design IMO.
Gen 2: Cyndaquil. A weasel isn't my idea of a badass starter :/. Bayleef is my favorite (not Chikorita or Meganium, just Bayleef)
Gen 3: Mudkip. I don't know what the hype is but it's not that cute to me. In fact, none of the Hoenn starters' designs appeal to me.
Gen 4: CHIMCHAR. Chimchar is my least favorite starter and least favorite pokemon overall. It's so ugly and gross looking. The anime didn't help either because it's voice was so annoying.
Gen 5: Oshawott. Gen 5 had the best designed fully evolved pokemon along with Gen 1.

SimH8

Gen 1: Bulbasaur line
Gen 2: Cyndaquil line
Gen 3: Torchic line
Gen 4: Piplup line
Gen 5: Tepig line

Cometstarlight

What do I do now?
Gen I: Bulbasaur: I don't hate him, he's just my third favorite out of the trio if that makes sense.
Gen II: Totadile: Again, I don't hate him either, but I like him way less than Cyndaquil (Chikorita is my fav, eat it haters.)
Gen III: Treeko: Not very fond of him. (again, eat it haters)
Gen IV: Turtwig?: Eh, I don't really have a favorite/opinion on these guys, I mean they were good they just weren't my favorite trio
Gen V: Tepig: Freakin bacon. Need I say more? Ok, in reality, I love Tepig's first evolution, but Emboar just looks ridiculous in a bad way. Not my favorite line by any stretch (once again, eat it haters)

Moonlight_Tails

Nocturnal Trainer
Kanto: Guess I'll go with Bulbasaur even though I've never used it.
Jhoto: Chicorita
Hoenn: Treeko
Sinnoh: Don't have one. They're all good.
Unova: Tepig:

DragoniteRules1

Pokemon Breeder
1st Gen: ;001; Even though I like all three starters, I guess Bulbasaur is just the less chosen out of the three.

2nd Gen: ;152; Nothing special or exciting, plain moves. I liked Totodile because his line could actually learn some pretty good moves.

3rd Gen: I don't really have a preference.

4th Gen: ;390; I don't really mind the line, but I think Infernape is overrated and overused. And for crying out loud, he's 3'11"! Starters are taller than that!

5th Gen: :498: Y U NO USE TYPE OTHER THAN FIRE FIGHTING?

Squeegie

Hey now!
Gen 1: I actually love all of them, but I guess I like Squirtle the least out of them.

Gen 2: Cyndaquil. I think they're cute, just not my favorite.

Gen 3: Treecko.

Gen 4: Turtwig.

Gen 5: Tepig.

SmeargleRocks

Reputable Trader
Hmm for me it would have to be
Kanto: I love them all
Johto: Chikorita or totodile
Hoenn: Mudkip (nearly no flaws on its part anywhere)
Sinnoh: hands down its always Piplup and only Piplup
Unova: oshawatt

Status
Not open for further replies.