• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Least Favourite of each Starter Trio?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kanto: Bulbasaur
Johto: Chikorita
Hoenn: Can't choose (They're all awesome)
Sinnoh: Piplup
Unova: Tepig

Wait, this is the same as the comment above me :p

Eelijah

The Musketeer
Kanto: Bulbasaur ― It never really grew on me;
Johto: Chikorita ― It's not that I don't like it, it just happens to be my least favourite among the Johto starters;
Hoenn: Treecko ― It's a quite cool Pokémon, but the fact that its final form doesn't get a second type like its peers makes Treecko my least favourite from the Hoenn starters;
Sinnoh: Chimchar ― Although I prefer Infernape over Empoleon, I will say Chimchar is my least favourite because here we're talking about starters specifically;
Unova: Snivy ― Should I even discuss this?

Lulu_used_SunnyDay

Petal Blizzard
Kanto: Squirtle.
I mean, Blastoise is all right, but it's the one I've used the least in the years, plus it's the starter of choice of both my rival ('cause I usually go for charmander) and my brother, ergo my REAL LIFE rival.

Jhoto: Cyndaquil.
I HATE the whole line so much. Has to be one of the most ridiculous, tasteless pokemon design ever.

Hoenn: None.
I like all of them. Sceptile is the best one, but I can't pick a fav. between Blaziken and Swampert. Used a lot and learned to love both.

Sinnoh: Turtwig.
The line was actually pretty neat before it turned into that hideous thing known as Torterra. The typing is also horrifying.

Unova:
Oshawott. Did they give it such a huge nose on purpose? And Dewott's coloring was a mistake, right? And how did they change so radically to turn into a narwhal-horse? Samurott in itself is decent though, if you look at it on its own and try to ignore its pre-evos.

Last edited:

wobbanut

Team Awesome
Kanto- Though I like all the starters, my vote would probably be squirtle because I haven't found blastoise to be as good a fighter as charizard or venusaur.

Johto- Cyndaquil. Cyndaquil is mega-cute in the anime, but typhlosion sucks. I played it in Crystal and have yet to use it in HeartGold or SoulSilver because I haven't restarted the games.

Hoenn- Treecko. Each sceptile I've had is a wimp compared to blaziken and swampert.

Sinnoh- I don't know, it's a tossup between turtwig and piplup. Their final forms just pale in comparison to the awesomeness that is infernape.

Unova- I've only played one game so far, with snivy, so I'm holding off on this.

Silver Bolt

Undying flames
Kanto - Bulbasaur. Just never really liked it. Tried using it once, but stopped half way through and restarted to choose a different starter.

Johto - Chikorita. Not only is it kinda weak, but I don't like it's looks at all.

Hoenn - Mudkip. Blame it on the stupid meme. And the fact that I just never liked it. Kinda the same reason as for Bulbasaur.

Sinnoh - Piplup. I actually don't know why. I just don't like it. Haven't even used it once.

Unova - Snivy. I just don't like it at all.

Neekerisanni123

Kanbei <3 _ <3
Kanto - Squirtle line. Charmander and Bulbasaur are my favorites, but Squirtle is... meh. Rather boring.
Johto - Cyndaquil line. To me, Cyndaquil and its evolutions were always kind of weak.
Hoenn - Mudkip line. Boring. Next.
Sinnoh - Chimchar line. Another Fire/Fighting-type starter... yay. >_>
Unova - Oshawott line. I don't like their designs, and their names are kinda derpy.

Buuz

Smash Trainer
My least favourite starter of each region...

Kanto - Bulbasaur line. It's not that i don't like them, i just like the Charmander and Squirtle line a whole lot better. Especially the Charmander line, Charizard FTW.

Johto - Chikorita line. I was always the offensive trainer, so i didn't like how Chikorita and it's evolutions were defensive pokémon.

Hoenn - Torchic and Mudkip line, since i can't decide which one's worse. I like them both, but not as much as the Treecko line. Yay for Grovyle!

Sinnoh - Turtwig line, obviously. Slow, and a 4x weakness to ice when it evolves into Torterra. Plus a fiery, fighting monkey and an iron penguin are just badass.

Unova - Oshawott line. My favourite's the Snivy line, and Tepig's line has good attack, but Oshawott's line is just terrible. Makes me wonder why i'm choosing Oshawott for my first Black 2 run...

Nyarlathotep

Eldritch Abomination
Kanto: Charmander line. I have nothing against Charmander and Charmeleon.
In fact, Charmeleon is in my TOP20. But Charizard? Can't stand it nor its fans.

Johto: Totodile line. Again, I have nothing against... Totodile.
It is very cute. But both Croconaw and Feraligatr are ugly as hell, specially the late. >_<

Hoenn: Mudkip line. This time I must say I like all of the starters, so I am picking Mudkip here because it is my least favorite of the trio.
But even so, I think Swampert is awesome. Easily one of the better looking Water-Type Pokémon.

Sinnoh: I like all of them equally, sorry.

Unova: Oshawott line. All of Unova starters well designed, much like the ones from Sinnoh and Hoenn.
But I don't know, there is something a bit wrong with Samurott's design... It is just weird. Maybe it is the position of it in the artwork and sprite? >_>

tl;dr: Charmander, Totodile, Mudkip, none, Oshawott.

Kanto - Squirtle line. Charmander and Bulbasaur are my favorites, but Squirtle is... meh. Rather boring.
Johto - Cyndaquil line. To me, Cyndaquil and its evolutions were always kind of weak.
Hoenn - Mudkip line. Boring. Next.
Sinnoh - Chimchar line. Another Fire/Fighting-type starter... yay. >_>
Unova - Oshawott line. I don't like their designs, and their names are kinda derpy.

I like how you dislike the 2nd Fire/Fighting family and say nothing about the 3th Fire/Fighting family...

Schade

Metallic Wonder
Squirtle, Cyndaquil, Torchic, Chimchar and Oshawott

Tonguetyd

Gen 1:I just can't decide.
Gen 2:Cyndaquil.It and Quilava just looked little cute miserable furries to me.At least Typhlosion is a bit on the cool side.
Gen 3:Torchic.It's a chicken.A CHICKEN.
Gen 4:piplup.Piplup and Prinplup are just Bleh.
Gen 5:Snivy.Samurott has swords and a mustache,Emboar has tusks and fists.What has Serperior got?Oh right,NOTHING.

Poliwhirl'sMittens

Lorelei's Apprentice
Gen 1: Can't decide although I like Charmander over both Squirtle and Bulbasaur since it's my favorite pokemon but they're still two of my favorites. I usually base favorites on looks and Kanto definitely has the cutest starters, and most badass evolved forms in terms of design IMO.
Gen 2: Cyndaquil. A weasel isn't my idea of a badass starter :/. Bayleef is my favorite (not Chikorita or Meganium, just Bayleef)
Gen 3: Mudkip. I don't know what the hype is but it's not that cute to me. In fact, none of the Hoenn starters' designs appeal to me.
Gen 4: CHIMCHAR. Chimchar is my least favorite starter and least favorite pokemon overall. It's so ugly and gross looking. The anime didn't help either because it's voice was so annoying.
Gen 5: Oshawott. Gen 5 had the best designed fully evolved pokemon along with Gen 1.

SimH8

Gen 1: Bulbasaur line
Gen 2: Cyndaquil line
Gen 3: Torchic line
Gen 4: Piplup line
Gen 5: Tepig line

Cometstarlight

What do I do now?
Gen I: Bulbasaur: I don't hate him, he's just my third favorite out of the trio if that makes sense.
Gen II: Totadile: Again, I don't hate him either, but I like him way less than Cyndaquil (Chikorita is my fav, eat it haters.)
Gen III: Treeko: Not very fond of him. (again, eat it haters)
Gen IV: Turtwig?: Eh, I don't really have a favorite/opinion on these guys, I mean they were good they just weren't my favorite trio
Gen V: Tepig: Freakin bacon. Need I say more? Ok, in reality, I love Tepig's first evolution, but Emboar just looks ridiculous in a bad way. Not my favorite line by any stretch (once again, eat it haters)

Moonlight_Tails

Nocturnal Trainer
Kanto: Guess I'll go with Bulbasaur even though I've never used it.
Jhoto: Chicorita
Hoenn: Treeko
Sinnoh: Don't have one. They're all good.
Unova: Tepig:

DragoniteRules1

Pokemon Breeder
1st Gen: ;001; Even though I like all three starters, I guess Bulbasaur is just the less chosen out of the three.

2nd Gen: ;152; Nothing special or exciting, plain moves. I liked Totodile because his line could actually learn some pretty good moves.

3rd Gen: I don't really have a preference.

4th Gen: ;390; I don't really mind the line, but I think Infernape is overrated and overused. And for crying out loud, he's 3'11"! Starters are taller than that!

5th Gen: :498: Y U NO USE TYPE OTHER THAN FIRE FIGHTING?

Squeegie

Hey now!
Gen 1: I actually love all of them, but I guess I like Squirtle the least out of them.

Gen 2: Cyndaquil. I think they're cute, just not my favorite.

Gen 3: Treecko.

Gen 4: Turtwig.

Gen 5: Tepig.

SmeargleRocks

Reputable Trader
Hmm for me it would have to be
Kanto: I love them all
Johto: Chikorita or totodile
Hoenn: Mudkip (nearly no flaws on its part anywhere)
Sinnoh: hands down its always Piplup and only Piplup
Unova: oshawatt

Status
Not open for further replies.