1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

Least favourite Pokemon game

Discussion in 'Poképolls' started by Barry Hernandez, Jun 12, 2019 at 10:27 AM.

1. Barry Hernandez

Barry Hernandez Well-Known Member

What was your least favourite Pokemon game?

Mine is the Alola games. I didn’t enjoy exploring the Alola region, and I didn’t like how gym battles were removed.

janejane6178 and AvatarKorrina like this.
  2. Xuxuba

Xuxuba Well-Known Member

LGEP for several reasons, like removal of wild battles/held items/abilities, next to zero postgame, destroying the rival character, not including newer pokémon and barely any improvements on the story. To this day i regret spending so much money on this game despite my instincts telling me not to do it.

At least i sold it as soon as i finished the main quest, but i had to force myself to finish that game.

SM and USUM are close seconds, although there were some moments i actually liked it.

Last edited: Jun 12, 2019 at 11:51 AM
    janejane6178 likes this.
  3. Captain Jigglypuff

Captain Jigglypuff Leader of Jigglypuff Army Staff Member

Pokémon Conquest because it was way too easy to exploit the AI into losing and I literally defeated the game twice in less than three days and PMD Gates to Infinity because of how ridiculously difficult the first level was which took me literally a year to finish and by then I lost all interest.

4. wolf jani

wolf jani Hype went down (still buying SWSH though)

Definitely XY. Because it was so easy, the unchanging formula felt stale. There was basically no plot and stupid villains and the characters were bland & forgettable. And there was almost 0 postgame.

There were positive sìdes to XY too though. Like the much needed introduction of Fairy type & Mega Evos

5. Storm the Lycanroc

Storm the Lycanroc Unova Bound

My least favorite game(s) would have to ones set in Kanto (RBY, FRLG, and LGPE). Due to the constant references and pandering towards Generation 1 throughout the other games I never want to replay any game set in Kanto again!

janejane6178, wobbanut and wolf jani like this.
  6. Leonhart

Leonhart Disney fanatic

My least favorite main series game is LGPE since the games felt like a step back in terms of features and Pokemon availability. My least favorite spin-off game is Pokemon Dash since it has little replay value and pretty basic gameplay.

janejane6178 and AvatarKorrina like this.
  7. Zhydra

Zhydra Master of Chaos!

My list....
    Spin off out of the way Gates to Infinity. Hydreigon, along with you and your partner pokemon were the only characters I really liked and the game was way too short. (Especially the post game.)

Main series games. That title belongs to XY hands down. Little story, rivals are jokes and Team Flare is hands down the worse of the evil teams in this series.

8. Storm the Lycanroc

Storm the Lycanroc Unova Bound

To expand upon my previous post I'd say LGPE are my least favorite games because I despise the fact they exist. Right after its initial announcement in 2018 I started questioning the overall direction of the series.

janejane6178 and wolf jani like this.
  9. Ignition

Ignition Praise Wooloo or persish

LGPE or GSC

wolf jani likes this.
  10. Auraninja

Auraninja I'm ready to Smash

Pokemon Red. (Make Porygon cost 9999 coins will ya?)

But I think the first games don't hold up that well, and I prefer the Blue version, so...

wolf jani likes this.
  11. FlashFire926

FlashFire926 Member

Pokemon X/Y are just horrible games. Downgrade in every aspect compared to the games that came prior to them.

wolf jani likes this.
  12. Goddess Yami

Goddess Yami Happy Go Lucky

The gen 4 games. I don't like shinnoh. The region is bland to me and I hate the backtracking. I still haven't beat any of those games to this day.

13. wobbanut

wobbanut Team Awesome

Although the games are good in general, I'm not as fond of FireRed and LeafGreen as I am other pokemon games. I had just started playing Pokemon when they came out, so I didn't have the nostalgia factor, and I can get the same gameplay and get more out of it with HeartGold and SoulSilver's Kanto half. I haven't started playing the Let's Go games yet since I have yet to buy a Switch, but I can see I can get a lot out of those games as well compared to FR and LG.

14. KyogreThunder

KyogreThunder Call of Fate

All Generation VII games disappointed me greatly, not sure which one is the worst. The new fishing mechanic in Alola games is tedious, the fact that defeating Trainer's Pokemon awards as much experience as the wild ones of the same level makes grinding even more painstaking and makes no sense by Pokemon standards, most new Pokemon are slow, a large number of non-regional Pokemon are unobtainable without being transferred from Bank, no National Dex in-game is dumb, and Poke Ride is an incredibly overrated new mechanic (yes, I do think they should have removed the fact that HMs take up moveslots, but basically having no right to use your own Pokemon to explore the world is a slap in the face and an insult to the theme of the franchise, and the saddles and the outfit look utterly ridiculous, too).
    Meanwhile, the Let's Go games have next to no postgame, a very limited Pokemon roster, and you can't even weaken most of them in battle.