• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Least favourite Pokemon of each generation

PageEmperor

So what are some mons introduced in each of the 8 generations that get on your nerves, had a bad experience with, or just find it to be the ugliest thing ever? For me...

1: Voltorb. No reason, just do.

2: Delibird. I'm hoping it gets an awesome evolved form in the future but now it's way too not strong to work.

3: Banette. I've tried to like this, but it's stats are just so bad. Really slow, not good movepool, and frail too? At least it's mega looks cool and fixes it's stats a bit. Overall this gen was one of the harder ones to think of a least favourite for.

4: Really don't know.

5: Mienshao. I hate it, it hate it with the passion of a thousand burning suns. There is nothing that will ever make me like this stupid, STUPID waste of space. In my X nuzlocke, it of course had to set up during my Aerodactyl's flying turn and of course Fly missed and it lands a crit. ****, **** Mienshao. If this thing stops showing up in future pokedexes I will be very glad. And of course, guess who literally never got a single other flyer as a first encounter, so had to cheat in order to progress? I also hate this thing for killing my Toxicroak too after that but that's not the point. **** this stupid fighter thing.

6: Klefki literally has no reason to exist. Other than somewhat being good in competitive from what I've heard, I've always found it to be pointless. I also think it has a bad design, but not because it's a living keyring, but the design itself bugs me. What is with the drop on it's chin? Is it a beard? What is with that mouth? Are the keys part of the body? There is just so much wrong with it's design. If I could change it, I would suggest it basically being the face on one of it's keys. I also found it really bad and disappointing to use in regular play but that's just me.

7: Brionne. BIG surprise, the middle stage of my favourite starter is my least favourite specific stage of any starter. It has to be one of the ugliest middle stages in the game. First off, it just looks really awkward when compared to Popplio being cute and Primarina being cute and badass. Secondly, this thing doesn't even look like a creature from the games, moreso an educational game mascot reject. Lastly, just everything about it's design just turns me off.

8: Why does Stonjourner exist, again? I tolerated it at first, but now I think it is tied with the keys for the most pointless and redundant creature in the series thus far. Awful design too. Why do we need some weird ass rock... thing? Yeah. I'm not even going to bother using one to see if there is anything good about it. Good thing I have no idea where to find one.

Regional variant: I. LOATHE. Alolan Persian. It is the dumbest, ugliest, most moronic, most HORRIBLE thing ever implemented in the game. I's stupid smug face, it's enormous head, that punchable face, that fact that it's just a recolour of Persian without those bad features... UGH.

Now, before you ask, I literally have nothing against the original Persian, in fact, I've actually grown to really like it as of late after just using 2 really awesome ones in a few recent nuzlockes I've done. I really don't think it's bad at all, but the Alolan version... NO. **** the Alolan version.

The biggest problem of all is that I can't take it seriously. It doesn't look like something I want to train and become useful, it looks like some incredibly stupid and smug assdick that wants the user to be trolled by having it around. Just... **** Alolan Persian. I hate it, I will NEVER use one, and will ALWAYS implement a rule in my nuzlockes to always skip it's line if it were my first encounter. SCREW that thing.

So out of all these choices, Alolan Persian is my least favourite. I loathe it with every fiber and orifice on my body. Just it's horrendous design makes me rage. For a least favourite that isn't an alternate form, pretty much a 3-way tie between Stonjourner, Mienshao, and Klefki.

Leonhart

Imagineer
My least favorite Pokemon from each generation are as follows:

1. Mewtwo
  2. Foretos (Forretress)
  3. Dirteng (Shiftry)
  4. Kabaldon (Hippowdon)
  5. Genesect
  6. Dramidoro (Dragalge)
  7. Hagigishiri (Bruxish)
  8. Sacchimushi (Blipbug)

Aduro

Mt.BtlMaster
1. Golbat. Makes caves insanely annoying for level grinding grass types. Confusion, poison, and a good speed stat are the trifecta of irritating.
2. Xatu. Tried this in a monotype team, my god its annoyingly useless. Doesn't get a good psychic move until lvl 40. Magic Bounce is an amazing ability that should have gone to a cooler pokemon. Looks at me like it thinks being blazed out of mind means that it knows everything, but then gets pursuit trapped all the time.
3. Salamence. Not the worst dragon. But it kept outshining Dragonite, who is amazing and stands out a lot more in terms of design. Mostly forgiven in gen V when dragonite got multiscale, but when it got that ridiculously broken mega, I unforgave it.
4. Drifloon. Yes its cute, with very memorable pokedex entries, but its also rude. Only showing up on a Friday, then taking a cheap shot if I KO it with aftermach. To be fair, it is a fair yet interesting pokemon that rewards skill in VGC though.
5. Garbodor. The literal pile of garbage. Always hated it. It already fills a role better suited to Muk. Could have been part-steel but isn't. Hate it more now that its literally the only G-Max not pandering to genwunners or promoting the new gen. Of all the perfectly good pokemon that needed a cool new form, this wasn't one of them.
6. Barbaracle. Just ugly, not sure why it needs 7 sets of eyes with the amount of stone edges and razor shells it misses. Its a waste of shell smash and one of too many rock-water types. Its abilities don't really suit a barnacle either.
7. Gumshoos. I really don't want to think about Trump when I'm playing pokemon. This is my de-stress franchise.
8. Perrserker. It doesn't really feel like a Meowth variant, as a slow bulky setup sweeper. Has none of the competitive versatility as the alolan one. Plus its just plain ugly, with an overly humanoid body and a weird beard that feels uncatlike. Also, Vikings didn't have horned helmets, so its weird ear-horns are stupid. Its a cat, and a version of one of the most recognisable pokemon in the franchise, and nobody even cares about it. That's how boring its design is.

Last edited:

Auraninja

Eh, ragazzo!
5. Garbodor. The literal pile of garbage. Always hated it. It already fills a role better suited to Muk. Could have been part-steel but isn't. Hate it more now that its literally the only G-Max not pandering to genwunners or promoting the new gen..
I really don't get the "pandering to genwunners" argument since said genwunners only really play the first generation anyway.

Weavy

I come and go suddenly
I'll give this a shot.

Gen 1: Grimer/Muk. They're my least favourite Pokemon up to this point, so this was a no brainer. Doesn't help I think they're very uninspired.
Gen 2: Unown. Completely worthless outside of a gimmick. Sometimes, being worthless is worse than being ugly.
Gen 3: Luvdisc. This is another one of those "Why does this exist?" Pokemon, rather than me actually hating it.
Gen 4: Lickilicky. I can't stand this thing and it's a very close contender for least favourite. It's such an eyesore to look at.
Gen 5: Trubbish/Garbodor. They're better than Grimer and Muk, but I still don't find them appealing.
Gen 6: Barbaracle. I was originally going to say Diggersby, but then I remembered this exists. It looks like a mess.
Gen 7: Sandygast/Pallosand. I personally don't see the appeal. There's way better inanimate object ghosts than this.
Gen 8: Dracovish. Looks like it shouldn't even be able to function the most. I understand the concept, but I don't find it funny.

Aduro

Mt.BtlMaster
I really don't get the "pandering to genwunners" argument since said genwunners only really play the first generation anyway.
They use gen I pokemon to push the gimmicks of the newer games.
Almost all the G-Maxes that aren't from Gen VI are from Gen I, along with all of the alolan forms.

Gen I also has a very disproportionate over half the galarian forms, almost a third of the mega evolutions, and all the non Gen VII unique z-move users.

Basically, its already a shame that they only took the chance to G-Max one existing pokemon that isn't from gen I. That was made a lot worse by giving it to a pokemon that nobody liked. Especially since they just gave it an equally ugly and busy design.

WishIhadaManafi5

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before.
Staff member
Gen 1 Zubat - continuing to run into it in caves made me dislike it
Gen 2 Aipom - it kind of creeps me out
Gen 3 Armaldo - thought it looked really weird
Gen 4 Lickilicky - very creepy
Gen 5 All of the elemental monkeys, both their basic forms and their evolutions, found them to have bad movepools
Gen 6 Bunnelby and Diggersby - not a fan of either
Gen 7 Yungoos and Gumshoos - not a big fan of them
Gen 8 Skwovet and Greedent - run into these so much that they annoy me

Last edited:

RedJirachi

Veteran member
Unown is my most hated Pokemon of all generations. Phione is my most hated Pokemon of Generation 4 due to the share pointlessness of its existence.

OwensJB

Gen 1 - Parasect
Gen 2 - Jumpluff
Gen 3 - Cradily
Gen 4 - Staravia
Gen 5 - Golurk
Gen 6 - Clawitzer
Gen 7 - Palossand
Gen 8 - Boltund

Auraninja

Eh, ragazzo!
They use gen I pokemon to push the gimmicks of the newer games.
Almost all the G-Maxes that aren't from Gen VI are from Gen I, along with all of the alolan forms.

Gen I also has a very disproportionate over half the galarian forms, almost a third of the mega evolutions, and all the non Gen VII unique z-move users.

Basically, its already a shame that they only took the chance to G-Max one existing pokemon that isn't from gen I. That was made a lot worse by giving it to a pokemon that nobody liked. Especially since they just gave it an equally ugly and busy design.
I'm not denying that Pokemon from Gen I have a greater "privilege" when getting assigned new forms and whatnot, but I still don't get how it panders to genwunners since said genwunners only like the first generation of Pokemon games, not just the first generation of Pokemon.

Also, I kind of like Garbodor, but not as much as Vanilluxe. I know that this is merely my opinion.

Sakuyamon

Generation 1: Pinsir because it's one of those Pokemon that doesn't serve a purpose.
Generation 2: Porygon 2. Because Porygon got banned from the cartoon so why invent an evolved form of it?
Generation 3: Ludicolo looks ugly and kind of scary too. I hate that it's a stereotype too.
Generation 4: Lopunny. Typical fan art fodder and I just think it sucks too because it's pure Normal.
Generation 5: Gigalith because of its ability and also because it's just an ugly looking rock thing.
Generation 6: Aromatisse because it went from being cute as Spritzee to looking demonic.
Generation 7: Turtonator has no redeeming qualities it's just ugly to look at sorry.
Generation 8: Eternatus because it hardly looks like my idea of what a Pokemon should be.

not counting the bugs since they fill up every gen... only type I do really dislike, or other meanies call it "hate"
(you don't have to agree with me, its just my opinion)

• Gen 1 - Jynx... along with Machop, Machoke, and Machamp, since same reason, way too "humanoid looking

• Gen 2 - Piloswine, that thing looks so weird, like a big bush of hair or hay

• Gen 3 - Seviper.... Zangoose is the cute one, and by default the "rival" is the one to dislike )starters too, all 9 look so ugly)

• Gen 4 - Lopunny, not sure why the rabbit Pokemon have such cute first stage, the evolutions look so ugly (also the starters, all 9)

• Gen 5 - Meloetta... along with Gothita, Gothorita, Gothithelle... same reason as the first gen, way too "human" looking, big dislike reason for me

• Gen 6 - Diggersby,, same reason as Lopunny in gen 4, rabbits have cute first stage, so horrible looking evolutions

• Gen 7 - Stakataka, that stack attack building thing, for me still one of the worst looking Pokemon, most Ultra Beast also could fit in

• Gen 8 - Escue.... adorable penguin, ruined by that weird ice cube thing for a head, there where too many Pokemon to mention

KingstonUponHulbury

Gen 1: Call me a Genwunner because I find it really, really hard to hate just about any Gen 1 species. I'll give it to Moltres for looking pathetically emaciated for a legendary Pokemon, right down to the sickly, pallid yellow.

Gen 2: Delibird. Gen 2 has a lot of weird/niche/joke Pokemon which do an alright job of throwing better species into relief, but Delibird is the worst of the lot. I dislike the overly-precise real world reference, and it's weak to the point of being dull.

Gen 3: Azurill. Most babies are a waste of space, and Azurill is the biggest space-waster of them all.

Gen 4: Lucario, my least favourite Pokemon of all time due to what it represents. It is the self-insert fanfiction protagonist of Pokemon, with a suite of ridiculous in-universe powers, reams of anime and wider product attention and some egregious visual and mechanical design choices: why does it have spikes? Why is it Steel-type? Is it just because they're both superficially 'badass'?

The best Pokemon designs are stylised-yet-credible real world creatures that appeal to fans almost by accident, while Lucario screams of an algorithm/committee-driven process to create the most marketable Pokemon possible. Grr.

Gen 5: Vanilluxe. No, not because 'it's just an ice cream cone', but because it's childishly goofy-looking and so easily wins the prize for the most mechanically boring Ice-type, with a barren movepool and painfully average stats.

Gen 6: Kalos seems quite weak to me generally, but there's few I actively hate here. I like Binacle's concept but his angry little faces rub me up the wrong way, I guess.

Gen 7: Turtonator. I'd love to be more forensic here but his face just looks dumb. Something about his low, flat 'cap', his hooded eyes and his idiot smirk. He also lacks that hulking gait that Blastoise and his ilk have; Turtonator's limbs and neck give the impression that he could topple over backwards at any moment.

Gen 8: Disappointed that this has to be Intelleon. Looks as though he stepped right out of a western cartoon, where he was the protagonist; do you remember when starters were basically animals?

DawningWinds

I summon Blue-Eyes White Dragon!
Gen I - Jynx. I can't really say what it is I dislike about it, but I really am not a fan of the design.
Gen II - This gen has a lot of mostly forgettable Pokémon, but the one I'd say is the worst... I'm gonna say Smoochum, because not only is it related to Jynx, it looks horrible in a different way.
Gen III - Lileep. Overall, I don't much care for fossils, but this on in particular... It's just weird, and I'm not inpressed.
Gen IV - Bronzor is boring. I mean, I looked at the story it's based on and that's not bad... But it's design is just meh.
Gen V - Cryogonal. Like Bronzor, it's just boring.
Gen VI - Greninja. This... I'm not even going to explain.
Gen VII - Incineroar. It just feels off, and it doesn't seem like a natural evolution for Litten and Torracat.
Gen VIII - Runergius. They ruined Yamask, and then gave it an awful evolution.
Regional Variant - Galarian Yamask and Galarian Stunfisk. I like both original forms, but neither of their Galarian variants appeal to me in the slightest.

Captain Jigglypuff

*On Vacation. Go Away!*
Gen 1: None
Gen 2: None
Gen 3: None
Gen 4: Lickilicky aka Ickyicky
Gen 5: Druddigon solely based on its coloration
Gen 6: Quiladin because its creepy blank stare freaks me out
Gen 7: None
Gen 8: None

I’m typically fine with a Pokémon’s design except for those three. Druddigon wouldn’t be so bad if it had a more uniform coloration and its shiny didn’t look like some kid just colored a picture in a coloring book. I can’t stand how Ickyicky is the evolved form of Lickitung which I actually like and Quiladin just reminds me of Jack Nichsoln in The Shining.