• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Least Favourite Remake

Which remakes are your least favourites?

• FireRed/LeafGreen

Votes: 5 11.1%
  • HeartGold/SoulSilver

Votes: 2 4.4%
  • Omega Ruby/Alpha Sapphire

Votes: 5 11.1%
  • Let's Go, Pikachu!/Ler's Go, Eevee!

Votes: 35 77.8%

• Total voters

KyogreThunder

Call of Fate
Inspired by the least favourite third/enhanced version thread. Which Pokemon game remakes are your least favourites? Please remember not to spam and explain your choice(s) a bit.

WishIhadaManafi5

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before.
Staff member

Auraninja

Eh, ragazzo!
Let's Go, technically, but I don't hate it, and I like it more than Gen 1.

Trillion

let's go

bad catching mechanic, no wild battles, no cross gen evolutions even after post-game but somehow megas were fair game, no abilities

i don't hate the game, i actually enjoyed my playthrough, but i don't like those aspects

i own hgss but i've never gotten past two badges, so i can't judge it

Last edited:

WaterTypeStarter

The Let's Go games are awful all-around. I don't think I've ever seen a more bleak set of Pokemon games, although the upcoming Diamond and Pearl remakes might give the Kanto remakes a run for their money.
What is wrong with them? And why aren't you optimistic about the Sinnoh remakes?

Let's Go. They were alright for spinoff games, I'm not gonna say I didn't enjoy my initial playthrough, but I just can't see them as main series games even though Gamefreak claims they are.

But yeah, the catching mechanic was bad and hopefully never makes a return, lots of things were dumbed down, the handholding was terrible and it offered no new areas (which means FR/LG offer more content and are the superior Kanto games).

Basically, all it really offered was seeing Kanto in 3D. I really doubt I'll ever pick up these games again. Most Pokemon games do give me the urge to play through again but I doubt I'll ever redo a run of these.

Leonhart

Imagineer
What is wrong with them?
The fact that the games only had a little over 150 species available was the biggest issue that I had with them. It was nice that Meltan, Melmetal, and Alolan variants were added as a bonus, but it was still irksome that we were given such a restricted choice of Pokemon to use. Not to mention that those remakes had very few new features. The games were quite expensive as well, but unlike Shield and Sword, I didn't feel that I got my money's worth.

WishIhadaManafi5

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before.
Staff member
Only real issue I had with Let's Go was with Go Park. It never worked with my old cellphone. The bluetooth between it and the Switch kept on running into connection issues, erroring out and then 'eating' Pokemon, as in making them disappear forever.

Last edited:

PrinceOfFacade

Ghost-Type Master
People are gonna be really mad at me lol, but HeartGold SoulSilver.

It was a good game ruined by pokemon following you all the bloody time. It would've be nice to have had the option of whether or not we want a pokemon out and about, like we do now. Unfortunately, that one issue ruined the entire game for me. I stopped playing by the time I got to Ecruteak and haven't touched it since.

On the subject of Let's GO, it seems like there are folks deeming the remake their least favorite without having actually played it. If so, that's not very fair. If you've never played the game, it shouldn't even be on your lists of favorite and least favorite games. It's totally fine if you felt the game wasn't worth your time, but just know not playing it means your opinions of the remake aren't warranted.

Last edited:

TwilightBlade

Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire because the majority of the new features were tacked on to the end of the games and the post game but the main storyline was too similar to Ruby and Sapphire. Also the Battle Maison was inferior to the Battle Frontier. :[

People are gonna be really mad at me lol, but HeartGold SoulSilver.

It was a good game ruined by pokemon following you all the bloody time. It would've be nice to have had the option of whether or not we want a pokemon out and about, like we do now. Unfortunately, that one issue ruined the entire game for me. I stopped playing by the time I got to Ecruteak and haven't touched it since.
No offense but that seems like a petty reason to dislike a game. If you didn't even finish it then how can you accurately judge it?

Flamer

FireRed, SoulSilver and AlphaSapphire are right up there with my favourite Pokemon games I've owned. So whilst Let's Go is by some distance my least favourite, that's not to say I didn't enjoy it. Loved the art style, Pokemon in the overworld, and the Go connectivity was nice. But for me its more of a fun side game, rather than a proper main series game that I sunk hours into. Which I guess is largely what it was designed to be. Feels a little unfair really to compare against the other remakes.

Which is my favourite remake, that's a much tougher question...

Tsukuyomi56

Sky High Knight
Going with the Let’s Go games. Pretty silly choice to stick with just the original 151 Pokemon (and the Melmetal line) and not a fan of the capturing mechanic. Also did not add anything new to Kanto bar the Master Trainers and a battle against Green.

MrJechgo

The fact that the games only had a little over 150 species available was the biggest issue that I had with them. It was nice that Meltan, Melmetal, and Alolan variants were added as a bonus, but it was still irksome that we were given such a restricted choice of Pokemon to use. Not to mention that those remakes had very few new features. The games were quite expensive as well, but unlike Shield and Sword, I didn't feel that I got my money's worth.
We might as well add that some evolutions and pre-evolutions were omitted.

Storm the Lycanroc

Oshawott Squad
Let's Go Pikachu & Eevee is my least favorite remake for multiple reasons.
  1. It's another remake of Kanto... a region I'm tired of hearing about. It has the same 151 Pokemon we've been using for 20+ years.
  2. The blatant use of Pokemon Go's catching mechanics. Call me a purest but I wanna battle any wild Pokemon and try to catch them the old fashioned way. Just throwing balls at everything is annoying.
  3. I don't care what GF says this is not a main series game, it's a spin off!

PrinceOfFacade

Ghost-Type Master
Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire because the majority of the new features were tacked on to the end of the games and the post game but the main storyline was too similar to Ruby and Sapphire. Also the Battle Maison was inferior to the Battle Frontier. :[

No offense but that seems like a petty reason to dislike a game. If you didn't even finish it then how can you accurately judge it?

How is that petty?

The feature ruined the experience for me. You don't have to finish the entire game to say whether or not you enjoyed playing it, especially when you aren't enjoying it enough to continue. It's no different than walking out of a movie theater, or changing the channel while watching television.

Even in Sword & Shield, I don't like having my pokemon follow me all the time. It becomes distracting after a while.