• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Leave Everything To Us! The Plusle and Minun Handymen! (1150)

mehmeh1

Not thinking twice!

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
Hey, look at Ash actually being suspicious with TR disguises. About freaking time!

Chick's plan was actually good but... Wouldn't be easier just trying to locate the pokéballs, then recall all the Taurus and finally going up with Meowth?

Either way, none of this matters. That Minum is an absolute cute. I wish it was part of the cast. I'd give Gengar, Lucario and 50% of Goh's mons in exchange of having this cutie in the main cast (not happening since it's just a guest pokémon voiced by a guest VA)

Anyway, serviceable episode. I wish I could go on the qualities but it's our standard pokémon anime thing. I find it really decent though, mostly because that Minum was very well animated. If they wanted to sell plushies with this one, they had me very tempted.

Other than that, the story's passable. Ash's and Goh's reasoning for tagging along is standard pokémon fare though I do wonder why Ash didn't use Dragonite or Lucario to help push that thing. Gee, if Goh had brought his Golurk, it'd be even easier. Or as I said, just have the lady use the pokéballs to recall the Taurus. I dunno, they tried to set up a situation where the humans need the pokémon and each other's help but you could see they were cutting corners to avoid having more than the shoulder mons.

Detouring a bit, I think it's one thing Digimon trumped over Pokémon. By assigning an unique partner for the kid (most of the time since Xros Wars and Appmon were a thing), as well, as having the fancy evolution be glorified power-ups that can be turned on and off, it's easier to showcase the cute and cool stuff. I just wish Pokémon would make a compromise on having the evolved pokémon more of a part of the show. Cinderace is a step in the right direction but I feel they could do much more.

Either way, it's still a fun and watchable episode. It wasn't supposed to be game changer but at least it was entertaining.

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
Other than that, the story's passable. Ash's and Goh's reasoning for tagging along is standard pokémon fare though I do wonder why Ash didn't use Dragonite or Lucario to help push that thing. Gee, if Goh had brought his Golurk, it'd be even easier. Or as I said, just have the lady use the pokéballs to recall the Taurus. I dunno, they tried to set up a situation where the humans need the pokémon and each other's help but you could see they were cutting corners to avoid having more than the shoulder mons.
The universal dial on stupidity was turned up several notches that it even affected Goh. Except...
Hey, look at Ash actually being suspicious with TR disguises. About freaking time!
It somehow takes an even more stupid person to tell the obvious. Dunno how that works.

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
*yawn*
At least Ash and the Gary Stu felt like equals for a damn change, and no Gacha machine!
Still a meh episode with forgettable COTDs
3/10

British Soul

Top Hat Regulator
Does this episode even warrant an essay? Nope
The whole deal centered around a handywoman having to take on jobs herself after her brother got injured in an accident that was entirely his fault and also to win the approval of his partner, at least she was able to overcome her shortcomings in the end, but honestly Team Rocket wasn't really needed to create a problem that a COTD could've caused.

UglyToast

Does this episode even warrant an essay? Nope
The whole deal centered around a handywoman having to take on jobs herself after her brother got injured in an accident that was entirely his fault and also to win the approval of his partner, at least she was able to overcome her shortcomings in the end, but honestly Team Rocket wasn't really needed to create a problem that a COTD could've caused.
Agreed, TRio didn't have to be in this episode.

TheWanderingMist

Paladin of the Snow Queen
I guarantee you around 90% of the regulars on the Pokemon Anime & Manga Discussion Threads here haven't/won't watch this episode. Slows what a slugfest the anime has become.
Nothing has actually changed, most of these people didn't watch the episodes before either.

British Soul

Top Hat Regulator
Pointless? Maybe, but they were portrayed REALLY well in this episode, so it’s good with me.
I'm not going to deny that their portrayal in this episode wasn't bad (considering they went out of their way as villains to help save Meowth), I'm just saying that the episode didn't necessarily need them.

Yce288

Grass type FTW
An episode without Go catching a Pokemon? thats a rare thing to see in this series and also the way Team Rocket decided for once to give up and then they got what they deserved by Tauros.

BobbbidyBob

Hmm....well ...decent character driven episode. It could have been a more interesting side-story if they had focused on the brother and sister bond in my opinion. But stuff like this have potential. I didn’t understand why they couldn’t solve the problem at the end by using some psychic type and levitating them out of that hole?