• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Leave your Godzilla jokes at the door; Japan hit by 8.9 Earthquake and Tsunami.

Rave

Banned
As much as I want to make a witty crack about how this probably may ruin my planned trip for heading over there, this is indeed a very devastating disaster to hear about.

This is truly a horrifying site to see.

Pichu10585

Pichu Master
I posted this in the general news thread but still: If anyone from Japan and the Pacific area is reading, everyone in the U.S. is sending their hearts and prayers out to you. It's all we're talking about. Our government has pledged to do anything possible to help. :(
Make that the U.S. and the U.K. My thoughts are with them :'(

Rave

Banned
Dude, I just remembered one of my friends Josh is stationed as a marine there at Iwakuni.

I'm honestly beginning to freak out...

GhostAnime

Searching for her...
Depends on where that place is located.

Dude, I just remembered one of my friends Josh is stationed as a marine there at Iwakuni.

I'm honestly beginning to freak out...
It's inland and is pretty far from the Epicentre, which was 200 miless off the North Eastern coast. Iwakuni is in the south of Japan so yeah, I wouldn't worry too much. At worst there will be minor flooding.

e: 4chan thought it'd be funny to start trolling Japanese people about various instances of people dying. Gotta love those fuckasses.

Last edited:

Rave

Banned
^ Well, that's good to hear. I am honestly relieved to hear that. I'm pretty sure he got evacuated.

Executor

Banned
e: 4chan thought it'd be funny to start trolling Japanese people about various instances of people dying. Gotta love those fuckasses.

Apparently the youtube eyewitness vid is being trolled too.

Mysty

8.9 is quite high on the Richter Scale (that's used to measure earthquakes). That alone would have caused enough damage though the tsunami and aftershocks are going to really add to this.

I think that is moment magnitud, not richter. There are actually 2 scales. Richter depends on distance and amplitude of wave. Moment is based on the amour of slip along the fault.

PokemonHero

I can see the future

There were a ton of trolls on an Al Jazeera video that I was watching on YouTube. Not sure if they're from 4chan, but they showed many of the characteristics.

rocky505

I watched the video on youtube I hope those who are injured will survive and get healed quickly. Also some guy on youtube was being a douche about this and was making fun of them!

bones090

< brav man i is sick
Man that was one of the harshest series of natural disasters ever: whirlpool, earthquake and tsunami... I just watched a bit more on the news, imagine it happening to you. Not good.

Executor

Banned
[imgsize=550]http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/b/b7/2011Sendai-NOAA-TravelTime-Ttvulhvpd9-06.jpg[/imgsize]

Electricbluewolf

*pours beans down the waterslide*
8.9 is quite high on the Richter Scale (that's used to measure earthquakes).

Thank you, professor, I don't know what I'd do without you -_-'

The devastion caused is catastrophic. The water flooded everything, and as I watched it on the news, it did not look like water, just a flood of bricks, houses, cars and debri, basically. This earthquake is devasting-4th on the worlds largest earthquake since records began, and Japan's worst earthquake ever. I can't even begin to think the cost of it it-financially, and the cost of losing lives, homes and everything.

Executor

Banned
The aftershocks might be as high as 7 (that was the magnitude of Haiti 2010)

Rave

Banned
Thank you, professor, I don't know what I'd do without you -_-'

The devastion caused is catastrophic. The water flooded everything, and as I watched it on the news, it did not look like water, just a flood of bricks, houses, cars and debri, basically. This earthquake is devasting-4th on the worlds largest earthquake since records began, and Japan's worst earthquake ever. I can't even begin to think the cost of it it-financially, and the cost of losing lives, homes and everything.

I was told on the news that the value of the yen fell pretty hard.

GhostAnime

Searching for her...
It won't help that Japan's economy was already shrinking.

KKInu

And the tsunami warning in Hawai'i?

3 feet.

That would be misinformation. I know cuz' I live there. It started out like hat initially, but it rose and got stronger overtime, some places more than others. on average the islands experienced 6 feet (which is strong enough to injure someone) and the highest reported was a freak 11 feet on the Big Island. No casualties, thankfully, but there's some property damage, primarily boats, but some people lost their homes on account of them living on a boat. Several boats that were docked also ended up tearing up the dock they were tied to due to getting pushed and pulled and knocked around by the waves and each other. Also, some mild flooding in a couple of houses. It's not bad at all, which is great news, but we didn't get off scott free.

But yeah, the primary concern right now is Japan. It's horrible. I send my prayers to them. Hawaii has a strong connetion with Japan and many people, including myself, have friends and relatives or know people who have friends and relatives living in Japan.