• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Leave your Godzilla jokes at the door; Japan hit by 8.9 Earthquake and Tsunami.

Kdude146

How about 9/11 jokes? I got a couple of doozies I always wanted to say.

you know what any time people die or get killed it's not funny I don't live in the US but I know it is a big deal to them just like Earthquake and Tsunami is to the people of Japan

LegitBreeder

Master Breeder
I'd like to just add my say in this :/
To everyone putting or even thinking of putting anything disrespectful to those affected you must have absolutely no morals at all, its sickening that people can laugh at things like this! I'm not American or Japanese but 9/11 and this disaster are serious and those who have died and those who are suffering need our help and respect not jokes - if your willing to laugh at that try living it and being in their position, would you like people to mock your suffering?
As for the 2012 end of the world it is a load of trash and it is just fear mongering the same goes for the nuclear disaster being compared to chenoble with radiation levels I'm a physicist and chemist and I can tell you right off that's a load of bull. The radiation is in liquid form and is being controlled chenobyl on the other hand had radiation airborne which is why it caused so much devastation.
I hate the media they should get their facts straight and stop rolling in money they "earn" because they're thick and have absolutely nothing better to do than either hide and twist facts to create fear or take up 5 pages of celebrity personal life and how awful it is they gained a pound after being unhealthily thin.

CSolarstorm

New spicy version
How about 9/11 jokes? I got a couple of doozies I always wanted to say.

I think laughter is a good way of dealing with a tragic situation...but many see the malicious posts about Pearl Harbor and Godzilla and they go on to help impose this reverent silence, which to me is a shame, because I would feel, more connected than I am, with the tragedy if I joked about it, bantered about it, broke all the barriers separating me from it.

sizida

CoconutIsTheAnswer
aftershocks after the massive quake is not a funny matter at all. plus the nuclear plant crisis, japanese people have it hard. tourism has fallen way low because of that. so does its import of food. and i heard they are filing for bankruptcy because the damages are too great.

because what the disaster can do to a nation powered by nuclear, countries are thinking ways of whether using nuclear as a reliable source is good or not.

Flame Mistress

I'm afraid that Japan might go bankrupt because of the disaster. My parents say we shouldn't be eating stuff from Japan because of the nuclear radiation, and if everybody else says that, Japan is going to be in big trouble. Not to mention the neighbouring countries, as the surrounding oceans have been polluted due to radiation, thus making all the fish inappropriate for eating.

Charmander#4

Dating Rosie Palms?
I'm afraid that Japan might go bankrupt because of the disaster. My parents say we shouldn't be eating stuff from Japan because of the nuclear radiation, and if everybody else says that, Japan is going to be in big trouble. Not to mention the neighbouring countries, as the surrounding oceans have been polluted due to radiation, thus making all the fish inappropriate for eating.

Japan's main exports are cars, electronic devices and computers. Not fish.

Hejiru

Rev up those fryers
and i heard they are filing for bankruptcy because the damages are too great.

Is this true? Damn... amazing how a country can go from one of the richest in the world to nearly bankrupt in the blink of an eye.

It's horrible that this had to happen to Japan. They don't deserve this... nobody does. They have such a great society and wonderful culture... it's just not fair.

Charmander#4

Dating Rosie Palms?
Hey, hey, hold on. I would like to see the sources for all these doomsday prophecies that people seem to have for Japan. They've had powerful earthquakes every year since forever, this one just happened to be worse than expected. I doubt the country is gonna go down over this.

Skiks

MUCH RESPECT
I'd have to say that imported crops from japan can give you no more radiation then your microwave can when cooking meals. The only ones in real trouble are those exposed to the radiation constantly.

Hejiru

Rev up those fryers
Japan's already been though one major radiation crisis. (Hiroshima/Nagasaki). They didn't need another...

Seem

Hollen i ven.

Hey, hey, hold on. I would like to see the sources for all these doomsday prophecies that people seem to have for Japan. They've had powerful earthquakes every year since forever, this one just happened to be worse than expected. I doubt the country is gonna go down over this.

Possible Bankruptcy Source
Radiation source, includes several hundred cases of Cancer.

While Japan's finance and companies are struggling, I really don't think the entire country will go bankrupt.

Some neighbouring countries's main exports are food, which includes fish.

Source for that also.

Could be overreacting news, could be the actual case. Let's just hope they get back on their feet either way.

Electricbluewolf

*pours beans down the waterslide*
I'd like to just add my say in this :/
To everyone putting or even thinking of putting anything disrespectful to those affected you must have absolutely no morals at all, its sickening that people can laugh at things like this! I'm not American or Japanese but 9/11 and this disaster are serious and those who have died and those who are suffering need our help and respect not jokes - if your willing to laugh at that try living it and being in their position, would you like people to mock your suffering?

I disagree. I think, at the moment, telling jokes about this is to early: or telling sick jokes are waaaayy to early. Every event in history has at least a 'joke' written about it, and that is the way people deal with it. I laughed a little at one godzilla joke, but I laugh about godzilla not the actual event of the earthquake. I find it hypocritical when 'Americans' do their nut in when someone mention something 'funny' about the 9/11, but they go on and tell jokes about other countries mis-fortune. However, in other words, what else can some people do? There is so much people can do- donate, do some charity, pray, talk about it, but then what? Some people just deal with pain and suffering with laughter-my friends dad recently died, and she tried to see the 'best' of it, telling jokes, which isn't hurtful towards her dad, her memories, or family, its the way she remembers him. You just get some people who thinks it's 'funny' to tell horrible sick jokes-it makes them feel 'superior' or whatever, but don't realise they've over-stepped the mark.

And with the nuclear leakage, my friend is only taking showers at the swimming pool, as she believes that the radioactive stuff has leaked to England into our water supply, and taking a shower at home would mean she would absorb it oir whatever. tch.

Last edited:

LegitBreeder

Master Breeder
It is only the sick jokes that bother me because I know about coping strategies but people are overreacting regards the nuclear issue :/ radiation is most harmful depending on its state of matter and type of radiation - currently it is a controlled liquid state; Japan knows the nuclear procedure and are controlling the situation also this doomsday trash is just fearmongering and nothing more.... being a controlled liquid if people don't know this already does not travel to other countries so stop worrying about going in the bath or eating fish etc and currently precautions are in place, if you want the truth look to science and not newspapers etc

Green_Man

Banned
Thanks Japan for putting power plants by fault lines and the ocean. If a single american does from radiation poisoning I saw we bomb the **** out of japan again. They are all a bunch of sex crazed pedos so in the eyes of our lord it is justified.

Raddaya

My Little Ponyta
Hmm, nice trolling. You needed to add a little more though, train a bit more. 7.5/10, I would say.

Now then...to the people who honestly aren't trolling...I bequeath...a boot to the head.

Charmander#4

Dating Rosie Palms?
Hmm, nice trolling. You needed to add a little more though, train a bit more. 7.5/10, I would say.

As I have stated countless times, good trolls are subtle and funny while still being inflammatory. His post only fulfilled one of those.

3/10 from here.

CSolarstorm

New spicy version
I'm not convinced it's fearmongering. The disaster level has been raised to seven, which has only been shared by Chernobyl. I know it's not Chernobyl and the technology is decades apart, but they only seem to be containing it, not stopping it. The radiation levels the reactor giving off aren't worrisome right now, but the cumulative levels as they build up in years to come may cause cancer and birth defects.

And there's really nothing Japan deserved less than another nuclear disaster. It's horrible how many lives this quake has caused, how many resources its destroyed, how it devastated Japan's debt-ridden economy. Japan will survive of course, like someone will survive after falling off a roof or getting slammed by a car. The highest rating that damn earthquake got was a 9.2 . All their indivudal industries that are still functional will remain the same, and a lot of the country wasn't affected by the disaster at all, but they're still going to have to deal with the massive loss the quake/tsunami caused and the radiation that lingers for decades to come.

I would give Green Man's trolling a -1. I didn't even know he was trolling. I just thought it was dumb.

Last edited:

Flame Mistress

Thanks Japan for putting power plants by fault lines and the ocean. If a single american does from radiation poisoning I saw we bomb the **** out of japan again. They are all a bunch of sex crazed pedos so in the eyes of our lord it is justified.

I'd give that a 5 if you were a troll. It could've been better though.

Now if you were NOT trolling... I'd say you deserve to be bombarded with curses and be sent to hell.

And I HOPE you were trolling.

I've donated about $20 to the Red Cross, those poor people. I hate the idiots who are making jokes about it on twitter. Terrible, terrible.