• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Leave your Godzilla jokes at the door; Japan hit by 8.9 Earthquake and Tsunami.

GaZsTiC

Alternating
USA lost many lives on 9-11-01 and now Japan has lost more lives on 3-10-11. Add the 2 dates together and you get 12-21-12.

.Bambi.

Be Wise, Tell Lies.
Obviously it's very sad, especially since many people died. I was watching some videos of people filming while it happened on YouTube and it didn't seem too catastrophic, which is weird. Isn't 8.9 pretty big?

Is it wrong that when I first heard Japan had been hit I was thinking, "OH SWEET JESUS. I hope Ayumi Hamasaki is okay!!!"

Chris

Old Coot
I feel bad for everyone affected, the photos/videos are terrifying. It sickens me that people are saying they deserve this. Disgusting.
I noticed this from a screen shot posted on Twitter. It's absolutely mind boggling how some people are going about this saying that it's "karma biting back for Pearl Harbor."

If it's any indication, it seems none of them stayed awake during history class if they don't remember that we dropped bombs on them in retaliation. And even then, to say they deserved it is absolutely despicable. Especially when it includes people who had absolutely nothing to do with those attacks be it due to not being in the Japanese military or even being born yet.

Horrible, horrible people to think this is something worth wishing upon people.

MasterKenobi

Resident Jedi Master
This really is a horrible day, but I am glad that the city survived the impact of the Earthquake as things could have been MUCH worse. I'm really not happy about the reactor news as it does not bode well.

I was stuck in a room during my 9 hour meeting with a television continually playing CNN and updates of the Earthquake which was just horrible to see. They kept playing these two videos over, and over, and over again.

No idea if anyone here watches Phil DeFranco's show (here), but he really hit home with a touching story today... which I will probably remember for a long while to come.

Also, what angers me is all these people saying that Satoshi Tajiri is dead, when he is in fact NOT. It's been trending on twitter due to some rumour a stupid girl started... which is really sad.

My thoughts and prayers go out to everyone and their families going through this hard time right now. <3

Shadow_07

Huzzah.
I pretty much watched what was happening in Japan live on TV, and it terrified me to see all the flooding and damage;
I really wasn't expecting another natural disaster this serious.

an apparent explosion in one of the nuclear plants does not bode well.
USA lost many lives on 9-11-01 and now Japan has lost more lives on 3-10-11. Add the 2 dates together and you get 12-21-12.
FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU-

Kaia

Okay, lets make this clear. 9/11 and what happened on Friday are two different things entirely. Yes both lead to many deaths, but what happened on both days are different. Also the fact that the whole adding up thing for this apparent date next year means nothing.

GaZsTiC

Alternating
Okay, lets make this clear. 9/11 and what happened on Friday are two different things entirely. Yes both lead to many deaths, but what happened on both days are different. Also the fact that the whole adding up thing for this apparent date next year means nothing.

I wasn't taking it seriously. I was trying to lighten up the thread a little. :rolleyes:

Skeith

(◕‿‿◕)

I'm honestly surprised there are no news teams passing this off as fact. Seriously a chance to induce mass stupidity panic, seems like it'd be there dream come true.

What disturbs me the most about this whole thing is that people are posting "You only care because it's Japan". Oh yeah, cause thousands of lives lost and millions injured or homeless would have no impact at all if wasn't where anime and games came from. Just look at the support for Australia and New Zealand.

Beeblebrox

noooo your lying, your lying.
I'll die without them! :(

You're disgusting.

I feel totally helpless. I feel like I should be helping, or making a tangible difference. What can you say in the face of such horror?

I wasn't taking it seriously. I was trying to lighten up the thread a little. :rolleyes:

Oh yes, that's what a subject like this needs, bloody comic relief.

Do some of you people have no respect at all?

Last edited:

Mysty

So I wake up from having a geology-induced nightmare, and pick up my phone to browse the interwebs to calm myself down and see the explosion at the nuclear plant. I hope this ordeal ends soon for Japan.

I'm also completely freaked out because I live close to Diablo Grande nuke plant in California. They just discovered a new fault in front of it. I tell you, any significant quake now and I'm getting the heck outta dodge. Though since there is debate about extending it's commission, I'm guessing that these events will not bode well for the longevity of commissions for nukes around the globe.

Sorry, I'm just smack dab in the middle of a big fat panic attack. Blathering on helps me calm down.

Bling King

Doesn't post often
There's been an explosion at the Fukushima Daiichi nuclear power plant. Radiation is leaking out and there's a 20km evacuation zone around the plant. The radiation is supposedly heading east over the Pacific, and some of it might reach America's west coast.

http://www.cnn.com/2011/WORLD/asiapcf/03/12/japan.nuclear/index.html?hpt=T1&iref=BN1

Live feed:

http://www.cnn.com/video/flashLive/live.html?stream=stream/3&hpt=T1

The Australian Radiation Services have created this map to estimate the range and path of the fallout. I can't verify how accurate it is (if at all), but here it is nonetheless.

750 rads is supposedly enough to swiftly kill everyone in the area, so it's most likely a troll image.

Overall, ****.

Last edited:

RageKaiser

Chespin :D
There's been an explosion at the Fukushima Daiichi nuclear power plant. Radiation is leaking out and there's a 20km evacuation zone around the plant. The radiation is supposedly heading east over the Pacific, and some of it might reach America's west coast.

http://www.cnn.com/2011/WORLD/asiapcf/03/12/japan.nuclear/index.html?hpt=T1&iref=BN1

Live feed:

http://www.cnn.com/video/flashLive/live.html?stream=stream/3&hpt=T1

The Australian Radiation Services have created this map to estimate the range and path of the fallout. I can't verify how accurate it is (if at all), but here it is nonetheless.

Overall, ****.

O____o
Is that a joke? I live in NV.