• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Leave your Godzilla jokes at the door; Japan hit by 8.9 Earthquake and Tsunami.

Arceusdude222

Reshiram, anyone?
I personally do know/care who the voice actors are, hope they AND the rest of Japan are okay, (i'm not so narrow-minded as to pay no heed to the bigger picture) but as with Hurricane Katrina and the Twin towers, humanity WILL make it through this, even though there a chance that japan might be scarred forever by the meltdown of an experimental Nuclear reactor fuel called NOX (it contains Plutonium, and if it gets out, who knows how much havoc will be wreaked on the environment as a whole?)

Paradoxe

not actually psychic
ParadoxWithinAParadix used "Tried to be funny!"

It' had no effect!

jb08045 used Douchebaggery!
It hurt itself in confusion!

And don't call me ParadoxWithinAParadix, it's ParadoxWithinAParadox.
Don't criticize other people on a thread talking about Japanese earthquakes. ;)

natie

Mr. F
the Twin towers
The Twin Towers are so overrated. I mean, it's sad those people died and all, but really, nothing much happened besides that ground now having become attraction #1 in the US.

Anyway, on the subject of Japan: what the fu​cking fu​ck. Earthquake, tsunami, nuclear meltdown, volcano, what next? :/

Seem

Hollen i ven.
While pokemon battle references in thread posts is usually very well, can we keep on topic? :)

Update on the power plant in Fukushima, seems the worst has been avoided. Appears there is no sign of a meltdown or Chernobyl disaster to occur, which is some good news at least.

What is pretty irritating is that some celebrities are using this as an opportunity to promote themselves.

Lady Gaga "We Pray for Japan" wristband? Really?

Ethan

Banned
Start digging you grave

This isn't the hood jb oh so many numbers.

But yeah, hope Japan makes it through.

Update on the power plant in Fukushima, seems the worst has been avoided. Appears there is no sign of a meltdown or Chernobyl disaster to occur, which is some good news at least.

Hardly an update, it's been said multiple times already that the reactor was a non issue. Glad to see you were following a long.

And the next person that tries to plays this game of "LET'S COMPARE CALAMITY" is going to get infracted. The thread is about Japan not to talk about whether you think the deaths of others people around the world are somehow not as big of a deal or underrated or whatever. It's bullshit that I should even have to say this.

Last edited:

meteor64

Show Me Ya Noobs
Theres a thing on FB going around-
"RIP Satoshi Tajiri, the creator of Pokemon, who died in Japan, 11 march 2011.. Thank you for my childhood."
Can someone confirm this? Or hopefully, can someone disprove this?

Josiah

is your favorite
The Twin Towers are so overrated. I mean, it's sad those people died and all, but really, nothing much happened besides that ground now having become attraction #1 in the US.
And the thousands of people that got sick/died from the debris later.

What else are you looking for to happen from a large scale disaster?
Theres a thing on FB going around-

"RIP Satoshi Tajiri, the creator of Pokemon, who died in Japan, 11 march 2011.. Thank you for my childhood."

Can someone confirm this? Or hopefully, can someone disprove this?
He's alive.

Seem

Hollen i ven.
Hardly an update, it's been said multiple times already that the reactor was a non issue. Glad to see you were following a long.

I knew it was hardly an issue myself, all I did was put a confirmation on it from the latest update from this morning due to a few earlier posts still wondering about the reaction.

Didn't think it was a problem by making things clear to people who have just joined the thread.

Anyway, jb0805, Skiks posted a useful link for the US about donations and where they go. Here

Kaia

I personally do know/care who the voice actors are, hope they AND the rest of Japan are okay, (i'm not so narrow-minded as to pay no heed to the bigger picture) but as with Hurricane Katrina and the Twin towers, humanity WILL make it through this, even though there a chance that japan might be scarred forever by the meltdown of an experimental Nuclear reactor fuel called NOX (it contains Plutonium, and if it gets out, who knows how much havoc will be wreaked on the environment as a whole?)
Yet the Twin Towers wasn't a natural disaster.

It's very upsetting to see all the damage caused and over 9000 people missing from one town is just crazy!
:(
The main concerns right now are the people and the destruction of homes and farms, broken powerplants ect, I can only wish the best of hope on everyone affected and i will see how i can donate directly to the cause.

I also have growing concerns for the long term effects on the environment aswell. If one of those Nuclear powerplants goes then that's catastrophic on its own.

All the debris getting dragged back into the ocean especially fuel left in cars and whatnot is going to mess stuff up in that area's sea water. Lord knows how many species that lived on the coast were affected, we won't know the total damage to everything for a while yet.

If you think i'm being ignorant to the people and stuff then you're seriously wrong, the damage cause affects everything and i think everything should be considered.

On the subject of eco stuff i heard that the Japanese prime minister got an email with the message "REVENGE, love from the whales". This may be an act of Trolling, It's bad enough if it is however it's a disgrace if it's from a real activist group. The actions of whalers does not condone this natural disaster being a rightful thing. I'm against over fishing as it is but that is just disgusting!

Oh and on that subject! I have to say, those who are saying Japan deserved this because of Pearl Harbour, I suppose you think the Atomic bombing of Hiroshima and Nagasaki didn't happen? Yeah remember that devastating act of human manufactured evil?

Aye, fuck off.

This is a Natural disaster, humans should be united in these cases because natural disasters could happen to any of us.

Also, comparing this to 9/11? Come on! The scale of damage and death is SO much larger. Whole families washed away. It shouldn't need to be mentioned.

Last edited:

KrayzieBuddha

英雄豪傑

Don't compare a tsunami to Hurricane Katrina and the World Trade Center man. -_-

jb08045 said:
....it had to be done.

It did. My bad.

Jesus a volcano now? A whole bumper pack of natural disasters. =/ Although it was kinda expected considering the earthquake was near all these things.

Hihiroshi

<- Waifu
Very sad for what happened over in Japan :( , my prayers and condolences goes to everyone affected out there. Still kinda worried though because I have some family members that live there and I still haven't heard from them :/.

GaZsTiC

Alternating
What is pretty irritating is that some celebrities are using this as an opportunity to promote themselves.

Lady Gaga "We Pray for Japan" wristband? Really?

Are celebrities not allowed to genuinely care? The fact that its Lady Gaga and she's not doing something weird shows that its not for attention.

*cough*

Anyway, this is not the time for Ameri****s to take center stage. This was not karma for Pearl Harbour - I'm pretty sure "karma" happened when two atomic bombs were dropped without warning onto innocent civilians.

Pristarin

Banned
Don't compare a tsunami to Hurricane Katrina and the World Trade Center man. -_-

I don't think he was. He brought up two different disasters that people ultimately worked through, in order to relate to the subject. If you read what he said, no comparison was drawn between the severity or hardship of the events. There's absolutely no reason for you to be annoyed or offended.

Yet the Twin Towers wasn't a natural disaster.

What's your point? I think anyone with a functioning brain knows that mother nature doesn't rain Jihad.

I agree with Ethan. Obviously as far as death toll and destruction is concerned, a tsunami and an earthquake will outdo a hurricane and two planes that flew into a building. I don't think anyone here is actively trying to promote which one is worse though. Simply because an American or whoever else brings up a different hardship to make a point whatever it may be, they shouldn't be jumped on by other people trying to make stupid and unecessary corrections.

Anyway, this is not the time for Ameri****s to take center stage. This was not karma for Pearl Harbour - I'm pretty sure "karma" happened when two atomic bombs were dropped without warning onto innocent civilians.

Clearly comments on youtube reflect the general feeling among the American populace. Let's also not forget that prejudiced comments on the internet are only limited to America. I for one definitely think those Japs had it coming to them. :rolleyes:

Grossly misrepresenting the views of a country (Based on incredibly ridiculous material, youtube comments, seriously now?) and then in turn, spewing off venom yourself, is pretty..I won't say hypocritical. It's just not very productive. Yeah, let's go with that. Would you like to say the same thing you've said here to the American soldiers that are being sent to help? I'd make a bet that you wouldn't.

Anyways..

My friend Yuriko took a trip to Japan and arrived the day the earthquake took place. She was in Tokyo though, where there wasn't too much damage as far as I'm aware. Talk about bad luck though. I wonder if it'll take longer for her to get back to the states now.

Last edited: