• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Legacy of the Myth's - Protecting the past.

angelus_caligo

Belgium rocks XD
I'm quite new around here so don't except too much from me and my stories. They will get better as I develop them more and more.

Legacy of the Myths - Protecting the past.

Prologue​

It was a very cold day in the middle of December when Darius, a young 15 year old boy from Smallgrove Town, went home, bringing with him the groceries from the Pokémarket and the Berryshop in Byton Town. Never in the thirteen years that he lived in Smallgrove Town with his mother, it had snowed so hard and so violently like in the past three days. It never snowed at all, until now. The fallen snow made it quite difficult for Darius to get all the way to Byton Town and back as he kept sinking away in the white powder that lay on the road. He couldn't even see where the road was and he kept bumping against the stones under the snow. The houses along the road were all covered under at least 3 inches of snow, making them almost invisible. His plain blue jeans were all wet and he couldn't feel his legs anymore. His thick greencoloured jacket was all covered in snow, abundantly provided by the blazing snowstorm. The blizzard made it dufficult to see what's in front of him and the cold was even more miserable. His long black hair was covered in snow and the wind got it to fly backwards, making numerous snowflakes to fly in his blue eyes. But he was almost home so it didn't really matter anymore. Soon he would be covered in a warm blanket and could forget about the freezing cold.

He almost stumbled over the stone step next to the mailbox, as he walked into the front yard. The otherwise beautiful flowers had quickly deteriorated when the cold kicked in. With completely wet shoes, he crossed the yard towards the front door. He opened the front door with quite some difficulty and put the groceries on the floor. "Mum, I'm home," Darius yelled. His mother came walking down the stairs, carrying with her some dirty clothes that needed washing. His mother was a middle-aged woman with long black hair and bright blue eyes, wearing a pair of jeans and a woolen sweater (which was covered by numerous old christmas scenes, making it utterly embarrasing). For a 40 year old woman, she looked quite young. "I'm glad I'm back home, it's way too cold to stay outside for a long period time," Darius said to his mother. Quickly, he began to take of his shoes and wet socks. He looked for some socks in the cabinets across the small kitchen and put them on.

"Oh honey. Why didn't you say to me that you were going to get groceries? I thought you went to see Alina. I could have lend you my Rapidash to keep you company, it would have gone along with you without hesitation and it would have been a lot warmer," his mother replied while she walked towards Darius to help him put the groceries away in the kitchen cabinets.
"Now, just let me put away those groceries, dear. I think you would be better off with some hot coco to warm up."Being almost frozen to the bone, a nice cup of hot coco was a welcome relief to Darius and it certainly didn't take long before the cup was emptied. Warmed by the cup of coco, Darius felt comfy. The TV was flickering with images from all kinds of channels, most of them discussing the cold weather.

An interview conducted in Runehill City appeared on the screen. A young woman with lightgreen eyes and a rather dark skincolor, heavily dressed to stay warm in the cold, was asking some questions to an elderly man. "Does the scientific society know why this strange weather is happening all around this region, prof. Elm?" The elderly man, wearing a white woolen jacket, carefully listened to the question of the reporter. "No, the scientific society has not yet found any logical explanation for this strange weather, although we know of some events that might have to do something with this weather."

Seemingly surprised by this answer the reporter eagerly asked about the events. Prof. Elm draw the scarf he was wearing a little thighter and crossed his arms. "I'm sorry, Elena, but I'm afraid I cannot discuss that. If you wouldn't mind, I have some research that I've to do." He turned away and walked back towards the city, ploughing through the thick snow. His silhouet darked more and more as he got further away. Untill it wasn't visible anymore. A bit disappointed about the answers she got, Elena turned back to the camera. "This was Elena from Runehill Cuty, interviewing prof. Elm from the local scientific society. Back to you, Ken." An image of the normal newsreader, a young darkeyed man with lush brown hair, popped up and he started reading the other news.

Not in a mood to listen to any other news, Darius turned of the TV. But he too was curious about the weather. Why was it so cold? It's not normal that it snowed around Smallgrove Town and it's certainly not normal that snows around the whole region of Kyta. For as long as he could remember it, it had always been warm in Smallgrove Town. It always looked like it was spring here, even in the winter. So why was it snowing now? It doesn't make sense. Darius couldn't stop wondering about it. Maybe his mother could know if this was normal or not. After all, she lived in the Kyta region since she was 15 years old.

"It hasn't been this cold for a few years, has it?" Darius asked to his mother."No, it hasn't been this cold since I was just a little child. But it's always beautiful to see the snow fall. It's something wonderful, seeing a whole landscape being covered in a thick blanket of white and powdery snow." Darius stood up and put the empty cup away on the kitchen sink, softly rubbing his still cold arms while walking towards the small window next to the door. Tomorrow he's going to see prof. Dawn to receive his own pokémon from her. Maybe she would know anything about the weather, or at least she will be willing to talk about it.

;201-m;​

Soon I will reignite this thread, after almost three years of absence. My writing skills have improved and I am planning on gathering all short stories I ever wrote in 1 document :) Also, even though I've been an idiot in the past concerning responding to criticism, I certainly won't mind any at all :)

Last edited:

Yami Ryu

How does this sound to you guys???

Utterly horrible and rule breaking. Blatantly shows off you wrote it up in the reply box in five seconds, didn't gander at the Rules OR Advice for Aspiring Author threads, or probably never even picked up a book in the first place.

Sadly this still has the same quality of Twilight, or vice versa. You know the DAYUM that's bad fanfiction.

And what is with the you you you this isn't an rpg.

angelus_caligo

Belgium rocks XD
Utterly horrible and rule breaking. Blatantly shows off you wrote it up in the reply box in five seconds, didn't gander at the Rules OR Advice for Aspiring Author threads, or probably never even picked up a book in the first place.

Sadly this still has the same quality of Twilight, or vice versa. You know the DAYUM that's bad fanfiction.

And what is with the you you you this isn't an rpg.

If you want do know, English isn't even the language that I speak. That would be Dutch. And for you do say that's just horrible...Well, that just says how rude you are.

Besides, have you posted ANY stories?

Yami Ryu

If you want do know, English isn't even the language that I speak. That would be Dutch. And for you do say that's just horrible...Well, that just says how rude you are.

GUESS WHAT. THAT'S NOT AN EXCUSE EITHER :D

and this just shows how cry wolf you are.

Besides, have you posted ANY stories?

Oh wow.

http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthread.php?t=114905
http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthread.php?t=99421
http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthread.php?t=396058

And others. Lol.

Last edited:

MarshtompMan

DestinyTrainer 10yrs
Do I have to be impressed? I'm not. So... What was your point again?

Her point was that you asked her if she wrote any fics, and she showed you that she has.

You're just another one of those newbies that expects everything to be sugarcoated.
If you're not ready for critics, you're not ready to write.

Anyway, back to you story.
You haven't described the characters and it seemed a little rushed.
Why not show Darius buying groceries and talking to a cashier or another customer about the weather,
Why not describe the scenery while Darius was walking to Byton Town?
Why not show us the reporters on television instead of just telling us about it?

Hopefully you will follow some of our advice in Chapter 1.

P.S. Double Posting is against the rules.

You are allowed to post in your native language, you'll likely get less replies but it's a possibility. And it is requested the two stickied threads, the Fanfiction Rules and Advice for Aspiring Authors are read by everyone considering posting in this section.

Just as a bit of info.

Sandra

angelus_caligo

Belgium rocks XD
Her point was that you asked her if she wrote any fics, and she showed you that she has.

You're just another one of those newbies that expects everything to be sugarcoated.
If you're not ready for critics, you're not ready to write.

Anyway, back to you story.
You haven't described the characters and it seemed a little rushed.
Why not show Darius buying groceries and talking to a cashier or another customer about the weather,
Why not describe the scenery while Darius was walking to Byton Town?
Why not show us the reporters on television instead of just telling us about it?

Hopefully you will follow some of our advice in Chapter 1.

P.S. Double Posting is against the rules.

I do tend to get upset easily :s have to work on that yes :( I've already read the 2 guides and do plan to change it even more :)

My appolagies to Yami Ryu.

You are allowed to post in your native language, you'll likely get less replies but it's a possibility. And it is requested the two stickied threads, the Fanfiction Rules and Advice for Aspiring Authors are read by everyone considering posting in this section.

Just as a bit of info.

Sandra

I've read that you may post a story in your native language :) but thanks for reminding .

I've been editing a little bit every day since I first put it online. I think this would form quite a good prologue :) Or are any things I've looked over?

Merged your posts, could you please edit your previous post instead of postining again and again which is just bumping your thread.

Thanks.

Sandra

Thanks :) It's a bit dumb indeed that I just keep posting seperate messages :(

Last edited: