• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Legacy

Status
Not open for further replies.

ger9119

Thank you!

Guys, I already have three slots of my first team filled. I will post it:

212.gif

Scizor

Item: White Herb
Ability: Technician
Nature: Careful
EVs: 252 HP, 252 Sp. Defense, 4 Defense.
Moveset:
Baton Pass
Swords Dance
Bullet Punch
Agility​

Scizor's function in the team is resist hits so he can boost Braviary's Speed twice with Agility. If he's faster than the opponent and hasn't been hit too hard, he also boosts once with Swords Dance, to finally Baton Pass the boosts to Braviary. Bullet Punch is there because I didn't want to leave him without means of making some damage if needed. Thanks to Technician and the STAB, it makes decent damage. His White Herb prevents the boosts from being canceled.
He's trained to resist as much as possible in battle, and thanks to his awesome typing his only fear is fire.

Braviary_NB.gif

Braviary

Item: Choice Band
Ability: Sheer Force
Nature: Jolly
EVs: 252 Speed, 252 Attack, 4 HP.
Moveset:
Return
Superpower
Shadow Claw
Brave Bird​

Braviary is specifically designed for 1HKO'ing practically anything that isn't a wall. His moveset covers most types with SE hits, and those that aren't covered get an agressive amount of neutral damage. The Choice Band in combination with the boosts Scizor passed him assure maximum damage, and thanks to his decent Speed stat he can outrun most Pokémon that aren't particullary fast.
Return is his main attack backed up by the STAB, with Superpower as a desperate measure if he needs to break a Steel, Rock or Ice type. Brave Bird also gets a STAB and deals a humungous amount of damage that only very defensive Electric, Rock and Steel Pokémon have a chance of surviving. Shadow Claw is there in case of Ghost or Psychic types.

344.gif

Claydol
Item: Light Clay
Ability: Levitate
Nature: Calm
EVs: 252 Defense, 252 HP, 4 Sp. Defense.
Moveset:
Light Screen
Reflect
Rapid Spin
Earth Power/Stealth Rock​

Claydol is a Spinner that is powerful in both defenses. Thanks to this he can last many turns without getting in real trouble. Other than that, he can use Light Screen and Reflect to back up Braviary's weak defenses (as well as making a possible Offensive Tank out of a Sweeper, still to be defined)
His Earth Power is there for the same reason Scizor has Bullet Punch. I still can't decide if I should change it for Stealth Rock, so advice is appreciated.

So this is my team so far. I still need a powerful Sweeper and a Wall. The last slot is still free, so I would be very grateful if you guys suggested something.

Your off to a great start Claw! Can't wait to see the finished product.

xAnbu

Name: Anbu
Rate yourself as a battler : 4/10
Why do you want to join this clan? : Cause you guys seem pretty chill and I like that in a group of people.
Would you make any improvements? : I only just got here idk any improvements.
Favored position: I have lots of free time. I could always do EV training.
How do you wish to rank up? : Battling I guess.
Did anybody refer you to this clan? If so who is this person? : I referred myself.
Legacy League badge Count: 0

ger9119

Name: Anbu
Rate yourself as a battler : 4/10
Why do you want to join this clan? : Cause you guys seem pretty chill and I like that in a group of people.
Would you make any improvements? : I only just got here idk any improvements.
Favored position: I have lots of free time. I could always do EV training.
How do you wish to rank up? : Battling I guess.
Did anybody refer you to this clan? If so who is this person? : I referred myself.
Legacy League badge Count: 0

Awesome! Welcome to Legacy

xAnbu

Hi everyone I'm your new resident Time Lord Brony! Yes I am apart of the Doctor Who and My Little Pony fanbase as well as being a semi Cinephiliac. Currently working on a Rain team and uh.... yeah. Hope to get to know you all <3

PoKe_aRcHeR2010

Shady 2.0
Claw that scizor looks scary to have on a team, reason? well It's gonna be hard to set up with him and you're basically relying on his stat boosts for braviary to attack... I'd suggest a better baton passer, Like Ninjask.... Ninjask has speed boost which gives it a +1 speed stat boost per turn... Add Swords Dance and Substitute and you have a decent physical baton passer...A good poke to pass it's boosted stats is a Salamence with Moxie... So you dont really need to use swords dance much, just use substitute and maybe if you have the chance use swords dance at least once ... after 2 or 3 turns use baton pass and give it's stat boosts to Salamence and start Sweeping with Outrage/Dragon Claw/Earthquake ...

So yeah I'd have on my team

Ninjask
Salamence
Starmie (for coverage)
Claydol (to set up the screens and as a spinner and to set up rocks)
Celebi (Nasty Plot + Giga Drain and more than average speed = Epic... can beat most threats thanks to it's speed)
etc...

Last edited:

destroyer39

Stitch the pieces
hey trying to choose What Heatran i wanna use for PO. Help:
TormenTran
Leftovers
Flash Fire
calm
~ Torment
~ Substitute
~ Protect
~ Lava Plume
244 HP / 44 SpD / 220 Spe
This is the notorious Torment Heatran set that once upon a time made players rip their hair, gouge out their eyeballs, and jump out of a window as soon as they encountered it. The idea behind the set is that very few Pokemon carry more than one attack that can severely hurt Heatran, and by using Torment on them, said Pokemon must either switch out or stay in and engage in a long, brutal stall war. Pokemon who wield a Choice item are especially affected by Torment, for they must Struggle every other turn if they choose to stay in. Substitute and Protect allows Heatran to both scout and shield itself from moves that can harm it. Lava Plume is chosen so that Heatran can slowly chip away the opponent's health.
or
Weather Trapper
Air Balloon / Chople Berry / Life Orb
Flash Fire
Timid
~ Magma Storm
~ Sunny Day
~ SolarBeam
~ Earth Power / Hidden Power Ice
4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
When used in conjunction with Sunny Day, Heatran can take advantage of its signature move, Magma Storm, to help sun teams win the weather war. The premise of the set is that when Heatran can predict a slower opposing weather inducer switching in, it can hit them with Magma Storm. From there, Heatran can Sunny Day before the opponent can attack. Politoed's STAB moves will no longer hit for super effective damage, and Tyranitar will no longer receive a Special Defense boost from its sand. This sets up Heatran to use a chargeless SolarBeam, either OHKOing or 2HKOing the opponent before Heatran can be 2HKOed in response. In this event, Ninetales can be brought in after Sunny Day wears off, guaranteeing permanent sunlight so long as the opponent does not have an alternative source of weather. It is important to note, though, that Heatran will not always win agaisnt an opposing weather inducer. Outside of a Magma Storm miss, Choice Scarf Politoed can outspeed and OHKO Heatran before it can use Sunny Day. Choice Scarf Tyranitar will similarly outspeed Heatran and 2HKO with Superpower or Stone Edge, or flat-out OHKO with Earthquake. However, these two variants are easy enough to deal with using specialized team support. Be wary of Shed Shell users as well. Fortunately, this set functions as a powerful special attacker even outside of its trapper role, allowing it to serve multiple uses and rarely become a liability. It can also trap Pokemon that operate independently of weather should sun be up, such as Jellicent and Starmie. It should be noted that while this Heatran is put to best use on sun teams, it can also be used to good effect on teams utilizing other weather or no weather at all, in order to combat certain weathers.

The first three moves are of course all staples, but the last moveslot is dependant on team support. Earth Power is the default move, because without it it is impossible to harm opposing Heatran. This set functions by forcing switches to opposing Pokemon that resist its powerful Fire-type STAB, so if the opponent has a Pokemon that can switch into this set with absolute impunity, then it largely ceases to function. Because of this, Earth Power is absolutely necessary, with one exception: a partnered Dugtrio. Dugtrio's unparalleled ability to easily dispose of opposing Heatran is an incredible asset for this set; it not only frees up the fourth moveslot as Earth Power is no longer a strict necessity, but it also effortlessly disposes Choice Scarf Tyanitar, one of the Pokemon that can give this set trouble. Just be wary of Air Balloon Heatran or the rare Choice Scarf Heatran, as the two of them must be carefully played around. Hidden Power Ice allows Heatran to become a trapper of Dragon-types as well. Adamant Dragonite, for example, will always have its Multiscale broken if it switches into Magma Storm, and is then outsped and easily OHKOed with Hidden Power Ice. Should sun be up, Latios can also fall victim to Heatran, being 2HKOed by either a double Magma Storm or a Magma Storm followed up by a Hidden Power Ice, while Surf fails to OHKO Heatran. Hidden Power Ice also gives Heatran a reliable way to hit Gliscor, Tornadus-T, and Breloom without relying on the shaky accuracy of Magma Storm.

Last edited:

ger9119

hey trying to choose What Heatran i wanna use for PO. Help:
TormenTran
Leftovers
Flash Fire
calm
~ Torment
~ Substitute
~ Protect
~ Lava Plume
244 HP / 44 SpD / 220 Spe
This is the notorious Torment Heatran set that once upon a time made players rip their hair, gouge out their eyeballs, and jump out of a window as soon as they encountered it. The idea behind the set is that very few Pokemon carry more than one attack that can severely hurt Heatran, and by using Torment on them, said Pokemon must either switch out or stay in and engage in a long, brutal stall war. Pokemon who wield a Choice item are especially affected by Torment, for they must Struggle every other turn if they choose to stay in. Substitute and Protect allows Heatran to both scout and shield itself from moves that can harm it. Lava Plume is chosen so that Heatran can slowly chip away the opponent's health.
or
Weather Trapper
Air Balloon / Chople Berry / Life Orb
Flash Fire
Timid
~ Magma Storm
~ Sunny Day
~ SolarBeam
~ Earth Power / Hidden Power Ice
4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
When used in conjunction with Sunny Day, Heatran can take advantage of its signature move, Magma Storm, to help sun teams win the weather war. The premise of the set is that when Heatran can predict a slower opposing weather inducer switching in, it can hit them with Magma Storm. From there, Heatran can Sunny Day before the opponent can attack. Politoed's STAB moves will no longer hit for super effective damage, and Tyranitar will no longer receive a Special Defense boost from its sand. This sets up Heatran to use a chargeless SolarBeam, either OHKOing or 2HKOing the opponent before Heatran can be 2HKOed in response. In this event, Ninetales can be brought in after Sunny Day wears off, guaranteeing permanent sunlight so long as the opponent does not have an alternative source of weather. It is important to note, though, that Heatran will not always win agaisnt an opposing weather inducer. Outside of a Magma Storm miss, Choice Scarf Politoed can outspeed and OHKO Heatran before it can use Sunny Day. Choice Scarf Tyranitar will similarly outspeed Heatran and 2HKO with Superpower or Stone Edge, or flat-out OHKO with Earthquake. However, these two variants are easy enough to deal with using specialized team support. Be wary of Shed Shell users as well. Fortunately, this set functions as a powerful special attacker even outside of its trapper role, allowing it to serve multiple uses and rarely become a liability. It can also trap Pokemon that operate independently of weather should sun be up, such as Jellicent and Starmie. It should be noted that while this Heatran is put to best use on sun teams, it can also be used to good effect on teams utilizing other weather or no weather at all, in order to combat certain weathers.

The first three moves are of course all staples, but the last moveslot is dependant on team support. Earth Power is the default move, because without it it is impossible to harm opposing Heatran. This set functions by forcing switches to opposing Pokemon that resist its powerful Fire-type STAB, so if the opponent has a Pokemon that can switch into this set with absolute impunity, then it largely ceases to function. Because of this, Earth Power is absolutely necessary, with one exception: a partnered Dugtrio. Dugtrio's unparalleled ability to easily dispose of opposing Heatran is an incredible asset for this set; it not only frees up the fourth moveslot as Earth Power is no longer a strict necessity, but it also effortlessly disposes Choice Scarf Tyanitar, one of the Pokemon that can give this set trouble. Just be wary of Air Balloon Heatran or the rare Choice Scarf Heatran, as the two of them must be carefully played around. Hidden Power Ice allows Heatran to become a trapper of Dragon-types as well. Adamant Dragonite, for example, will always have its Multiscale broken if it switches into Magma Storm, and is then outsped and easily OHKOed with Hidden Power Ice. Should sun be up, Latios can also fall victim to Heatran, being 2HKOed by either a double Magma Storm or a Magma Storm followed up by a Hidden Power Ice, while Surf fails to OHKO Heatran. Hidden Power Ice also gives Heatran a reliable way to hit Gliscor, Tornadus-T, and Breloom without relying on the shaky accuracy of Magma Storm.

It depends on what kind of team you are running if you're using a bulky/stall kind of team use torment tran for sure also maybe consider toxic on torment tran. If you are running an offence or some kind of sun team use second option, may i suggest using drought ninetails for you wont need to worry about using sunny day and then you could use both hidden power ice and earth power

destroyer39

Stitch the pieces
thnx ger, but i lost the 1st battle. i shouldn'tve tried. I always suck at the actual Battle Factory in the video games.

neo darkrai

Amateur YouTuber
I use Showdown because of the convenience of not downloading anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.