1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

Legend of Korra: Book 4 - Balance - Starts October 3

Discussion in 'Entertainment' started by Shneak, Jul 8, 2013.

1. Shneak

Shneak THE LAST STARDUST

[IMG139]http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/4/4b/Masthead_korra.png[/IMG139]​

Remember this show? You should! It was one of the best animated series of 2012. And it's coming back for the next season.

This thread is primarily a place to discuss Book One and the elements that make up the show, as well as speculation and information about Book Two. Here's what we know so far:

- Book 2 takes place 6 months after the end of Book One.
    - It will have 14 episodes.
    - The setting will expand beyond Republic City and will deal with the Spirit World as well as spirits.
    - Many new characters will be introduced, Kya and Bumi from Tenzin's family and Korra's extended family.
    - Korra, as we all know, is now a complete Avatar. Mako is now a cop. Asami is the CEO of a nearly-bankrupt Future Industries. Bolin is the only original member remaining on the Fire Ferrets.
    - The first episode is called Rebel Spirit.

It's been over a year since the last season ended, and it's been on a longer hiatus than A:TLA ever was. Fortunately, it's been confirmed for Fall 2013 in Canada, and will likely be on Nickolodeon at the same time. A premiere date should be announced at the SDCC this month.

________

It was confirmed at Comic-Con that Book 2 will premiere in September. September 13th to be exact.

Watch the trailer here.

Last edited: Aug 17, 2013
  2. deathseer

deathseer Oh, u mad bro?

Considering the sour taste that Book One left in my mouth, I can't say I'm too excited about this. I pretty much hated every character except Asami and Bolin towards the end.

3. 1rkhachatryan

1rkhachatryan Call me Robert guys

I can't wait!!! This show is amazing so I'm really excited. Just wish they would change the girls outfit lol.

4. Cometstarlight

Cometstarlight What do I do now?

Oh man! Super excited for this new 'book'! : D

5. Alfred the Second

Alfred the Second Dracoflare

Wait, I thought Legend of Korra was over. It was good, and I liked to have a female lead for a change. I wonder what they will have after the whole liberation thing.

6. matt0044

matt0044 Well-Known Member

Last edited: Jul 8, 2013
  7. Brownie

Brownie Anti Drew & paul fan

I hope this season is a lot better than the first.

8. Vernikova

Vernikova Champion

Mako and Korra pretty much killed this show for me. More Bolin, Asami, and Tenzin please.

9. Cometstarlight

Just gotta remember that they planned this to be a mini series and they weren't planning on beating around the bush very long. They really intended to end it right after that last episode, but people loved it so much I've heard they may go with 4 seasons total. That gets me really excited, obviously, since I actually really enjoyed season 1. I thought it was a good change of pace, and now that there's more, I just can't wait to see what they do with it!

10. Lorde

Lorde Banned

Only 14 episodes? I thought this season would have at least 20. I guess I should expect another rushed season like the first one then. I almost forgot that this show existed though. I mean it's been more than a year since it went on hiatus. That's a really long time imo, longer than the hiatus between seasons two and three of the original Avatar.

11. matt0044

Words of wisdom from TV Tropes.

12. pokekid1

pokekid1 The First Pokékid

I was starting to think the same thing too. It has been almost forever since I heard news about another season. I hope the second season would be better because the first definitely felt rushed. I recall A: TLA not being so good in the first season. The good thing is that it got gradually better with new episodes and exploration.

13. matt0044

I believe the trope is called Growing the Beard.

And speaking of TV Tropes, more Fridge Brilliance...

Last edited: Jul 10, 2013
  14. WastingLight

WastingLight Well-Known Member

The start of the first season was pretty slow and I struggled to get into, however it eventually got better as it progressed. Hopefully the second season doesn't suffer from the same fate.

15. Platinum fan.

Platinum fan. Enlightenment

Truth be told, I forgot about the Legend of Korra. I thought about it sometime last year but it's been under my radar for awhile. I don't know what to expect but I hope it's good. Since Book 2 is going to be about spirits hmm...I've actually never been that crazy about the spirits in the Avatar world but we'll see. I'll tune in.

16. fenniken

fenniken fire master

i hope korra and mako kiss again

17. matt0044

SHHHHHHHH! *eyes shift* Do you WANT the shippers to tear you to shred? DO YOU? jk

18. Shadow XD001

Shadow XD001 Silver Soul

I was hoping we would get Book 2 sooner. I haven't really watched Korra since Book 1 ended over a year ago nut at least we are getting Book 2 this year. I hope it's worth the wait.

19. Cometstarlight

I hope we get some more back story on Ko

But yes, I would also like to see a little more depth into Mako and Korra's relationship. I know saying that will make people irritated. :/

20. Looking forward to this. Book One was solid. Not my favorite series, like ATLA, but still solid.

Hoping Book Two improves further on Legend of Korra.