• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Legend of Korra: Book 4 - Balance - Starts October 3

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
No ambiguity anymore (possibly)

B5UXQtMCQAAUrj_.png

Wow. One of the pieces I can...actually start not believing right away coming from Sonic Boom.

Like Nick would support that.

the1stpkmnfan

Your Big Buff Bro
Rohan was an unnecessary character imho. He was my least favorite of Tenzin's kids, although I dislike them all anyway.

Wu surprised me with his maturity at the end tbh; his decision to not rule over the Earth Kingdom was bittersweet.

Rohan really isn't to be blamed for being unnecessary. I doubt he was going to get any significant role after his birth in the first book. The creators weren't intending to make Books 2-4 at first thought. Having him be pregant with Pema was more or less an intense plot device for episode 10 "Turning the Tides". It was still a beautiful moment, with Tenzin and his family. But Rohan's character was hardly fleshed out at all.

Thats the problem I have with this show. It's fast paced, yes, and it keeps the action going. But there's little space for all the loved characters to get a good amount of development. This rings with Asami, since she wasn't part of the Book 2 finale events (only pre-Harmonic Convergence). Book 3, she barely got any involvement with the finale. Books 1 and 4 were her only biggest shining events. For better or worse.

Along with Cyber, most of Bolin's comedic relief entertains me, but not as much since Book 1 Bolin. Book 2-4, he declined with his humor and altered into this fanboy most of us would be if we met Zuko or Toph in the flesh. For the most part, to me, he's (one of) the attractive male character. Strong/talented, yes, but also a bit optimistic. Nothing like Sokka, but Bolin isn't suppose to be Sokka. I like them both, but for different reasons.

Most of the comic relief, that I like, comes from some of the more recurring characters. Such as Huan and the Airbending babies.

I definitely enjoyed having Mako around when he wasn't dating Korra. When he was dating Asami, I preferred that relationship. But once the maddness went down, I went and shut down on any Mako related shipping. It was too much for so little time.

For Korra, I enjoyed her character in Books 1 and 3 on a overall look. Her behavior was understandable from the beginning, not so much for Book 2. In Book 3, she definitely grew up more, and I liked that transition.

The airbending family is my favorite bunch, and they had a lot of fun moments in Book 1.

The problem I had with Book 4 is the lack of potential focus for the characters all together. There was focus here, focus there, but not enough to give us a lot of depth. But thats a personal preference. If the show were longer, I may have enjoyed it just a bit.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
No ambiguity anymore (possibly)

B5UXQtMCQAAUrj_.png

They didn't even spell Asami right. Tbh, if the creators wanted to be edgy by having a same-sex couple in the finale, I'd rather have seen Mako x Wu happen or something else. Korra x Asami seems too sudden imho.

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
Honestly even Dawn and Zoey in DP had more lesbian subtext than Korra/Asami.

If Pokemon wasn't aimed at a young audience, I think Dawn/Zoey would have become as close to canon as Contestshipping did. And that was better than Korra/Asami.

Navarch

I feel like the show should have ended with Korra, Mako, Asami, and Bolin all taking a vacation to the spirit world. There wouldn't be so much shipping war, and it'd show that romance isn't everything in a show.

Everlasting

Everything stays.
I feel like the show should have ended with Korra, Mako, Asami, and Bolin all taking a vacation to the spirit world. There wouldn't be so much shipping war, and it'd show that romance isn't everything in a show.

Agreed. I was so mad that we didn't get a shot at team Avatar at the very end. Bolin's very last appearance wasn't even with Korra, which I find awful because he was the one to find her first. It was symbolic.

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys
So, basically, this is what some people wanted to happen in the ending:

xWg5JPR.png

The internet would of literally exploded xD. Although I would of loved to see that happen.

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
Korra and Asami were at the very beginning stages of a possible relationship or crush, of course they weren't going to kiss that early. (ignoring the fact that Nick probably wouldn't allow a lesbian kiss anyway, remember this is an American cartoon and not an anime.)

Although I wouldn't be surprised if there are already dozens of fanfics in the works with Asami and Korra doing all kinds of things together in the spirit world. God knows the fanart is already pouring out.

is ATLA and LOK an anime or cartoon? i have heard so many answers so i really dont know what to classify it under as

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys
is ATLA and LOK an anime or cartoon? i have heard so many answers so i really dont know what to classify it under as

From what I heard, anime's are shows that start in japan so I think the fact that Korra is an american based show makes it a cartoon.

Everlasting

Everything stays.

xWg5JPR.png

Even if they wanted it, are we sure Nickelodeon would've agreed to this ?
I don't think it was their plan to make it a 100% canon anyway, but still look like it enough to be an ambiguous ending. Though I would've rather seen this because I'm tired of questioning myself.
So many awesome fanarts about this ending to boot, though. That Korrasami ending was very cute. :)

Platinum fan.

RetiredPokemonMaster

xWg5JPR.png

I think that would have been a bit much. I'm fine if Korra and Asami hooked up at the end. Again, I didn't see it coming. But to do all that would have been overkill. One step at a time. Maybe someday they'll be the american Sailor Uranus and Sailor Neptune, if there isn't a version of that already. See this ending created a big buzz for LOK.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
See this ending created a big buzz for LOK.

It's almost like a distraction from how mediocre and riddled with DEM the finale was imho. I mean yeah ATLA's finale had that dreadful Energybending DEM, but at least it still had an intense fight. I didn't see Korra vs. Kuvira as intense though or even that good to begin with.

Platinum fan.

RetiredPokemonMaster
It's almost like a distraction from how mediocre and riddled with DEM the finale was imho. I mean yeah ATLA's finale had that dreadful Energybending DEM, but at least it still had an intense fight. I didn't see Korra vs. Kuvira as intense though or even that good to begin with.

I did like how Kuvira channeled her inner Magneto in that fight with the floating steel balls of death. Actually in terms of the ATLA's final, I found the plot device Avatar State more DEM then the Energybending thing. I'm kinda glad Korra didn't use it in her fight with Kuvira. Yeah, I don't think Korra vs Kuvira measures up to the ATLA's final fight. But in truth, I never expected it too, so I wasn't disappointed.

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys
So I read this on The Huffington Post in a comment and it provided the "hints" you are all looking for in Korrasami lol:

"Analyze this:
Korra has been away from Republic City for 3 long years, and has been out of touch with all her companions there except one: Mako. With him alone does she correspond, telling him all about her difficulties in recovery and her doubts about the future...

Later, when they meet again in person, a simple compliment from Mako about her cute new hairdo makes her blush like a sunset. But then a well meant remark from Korra triggers an angry outburst from Mako that shows how much Korra's long absence has affected him.

Later still, when Korra is beset with more doubts about her ability to fulfill her Avatar duties and help the world, she of course confides in her wise mentor Tenzin, who offers sage counsel. But, the only one of her PEERS that she opens up to is Mako, who offers her tea and sympathy and tenderly consoles the distraught young woman.

Things get grim and busy for a while: not much time for shipping for the Avatar! But eventually the day is saved, and things start winding down. At the reception after Varrick and Zhu-Li Do The Thing, Asami tells her friend Korra that she'll 'always have her back'and Korra is of course touched by this display of loyalty. Thanks Asami! Then she leaves to be be herself for a while, but ends up talking wiht Tenzin instead.

Then Mako appears and tells Tenzin what is almost certainly a whopping lie to get him to leave, so he can have Korra alone for a while. The two talk, opening up to each other deeply. In a heartfelt moment, Mako tells Korra that he couldn't have stood losing her in the battle. A little later, Korra suggests that they go on a vacation together, JUST THE TWO OF THEM
(leaving all other friends and family behind them). As Korra and Mako approach the spirit portal side by side, they hold hands. Before entering the portal, they turn to face each other and gaze soulfully into each others eyes, and then...... fade to credits before we see what happens next.

Wow! The feels! To me that sounds REALLY romantic, like two people beginning a love affair. It sounds, in other words, like some pretty convincing 'Makorra' shipping. Right?

Except, of course, that it wasn't Mako. It was Asami. It happened. Its canon. Get over it"

HM02gon

Waiting...
I'm just happy they made the final battle include everyone and not just have Korra going alone. That's one of the things I disliked about Aang and Ozai's battle- it was just them, and nobody else. I liked seeing all of the characters helping to take down the giant mechs thingy.

Hoping for a really cool Earth Avatar but probably not gonna happen. I actually started my own fanfic about an earth avatar but its not super awesome.

Chili

I'm just happy they made the final battle include everyone and not just have Korra going alone. That's one of the things I disliked about Aang and Ozai's battle- it was just them, and nobody else. I liked seeing all of the characters helping to take down the giant mechs thingy.

Hoping for a really cool Earth Avatar but probably not gonna happen. I actually started my own fanfic about an earth avatar but its not super awesome.

That's what I want! Two more shows with an Earth Bender Avatar and then a Fire one. Then, I can rest in peace. :) I loved Legend Of Korra.