• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Legend of Korra: Book 4 - Balance - Starts October 3

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys
I hope not tbh. Do you know the chaos that would ensue after something like that? If you say "someone will just take her place" then no. So many people of the Earth Kingdom hate the position of a queen as much as the queen herself. I hope it doesn't break into a chaotic pile of city states all trying to take over each other. If that's what's going to happen then book 4 would be flooded with that. But following the cycle of the elements like the first three books of Korra, I expect 4 to be involving the fire nation.

What I mean is her being forced out of power, now whether that means she is replaced or they get rid of the monarchy entirely idk.

AJ

❖☢☼☯☾♛☮
Final 2 titles:

Enter the Void
Venom of the Red Lotus
The second to last one makes me think Zaheer replicated whatever it is that Guru Laghima did.
What I mean is her being forced out of power, now whether that means she is replaced or they get rid of the monarchy entirely idk.
I get what you mean. I hope something happens to the Queen. Either a revelation has to occur or a change by force should be made.

Atoyont

Brains for brawn
But following the cycle of the elements like the first three books of Korra, I expect 4 to be involving the fire nation.
That's a neat observation, one I didn't see before. Book One involved Korra learning airbending (ostensibly) and introduced us to the last family of airbenders, Book Two dealt with the Water Tribes, and Book Three has the Krew going through the Earth Kingdom. I'd argue that this season is just as much about the Air Nomads as the Earth Kingdom, though, what with the sudden surge of airbenders.

I'm also really excited to see how this season plays out; the episode titles have me really excited.

Shneak

this is a Nessa x Sonia stan account ✨
The only thing it reveals is that the Queen will make another appearance, something everyone and their mother predicted.

I didn't exactly expect it. I mean, the plot was totally left wide open but I expected it to continue elsewhere. I'm digging the Earth Kingdom focus in this book though.

Everlasting

Everything stays.
Final 2 titles:

Enter the Void
Venom of the Red Lotus

Interesting! But even with those titles, I don't have much of a clue of what's going to happen in the following episodes, and I'm really curious!

AJ

❖☢☼☯☾♛☮
That's a neat observation, one I didn't see before. Book One involved Korra learning airbending (ostensibly) and introduced us to the last family of airbenders, Book Two dealt with the Water Tribes, and Book Three has the Krew going through the Earth Kingdom. I'd argue that this season is just as much about the Air Nomads as the Earth Kingdom, though, what with the sudden surge of airbenders.

I'm also really excited to see how this season plays out; the episode titles have me really excited.

I agree. Book one is the exception unless you consider Korra living on Air Temple Island as the "Air Nation." But with the other two the majority of the season of book 2 is in the water tribes. From what we've seen so far and from trailers and bryke news I'm guessing Book 3 will be the same

AJ

❖☢☼☯☾♛☮
At least we will get one episode at the Northern Air Temple. I'm still really hoping to see the Western Air Temple though.

The western temple isn't really near the Earth Kingdom. But it would be nice to see how and if things have changed much there since the incident with Combustion Man

matt0044

tumblr_n8vxo3mvFs1te45iho1_500.jpg

Everlasting

Everything stays.
^ lol, and seeing in what situation she's in at the moment, I don't know if this would've been a better role for her.

By the way guys, there's a new clip on Nickelodeon (#206) that shows Suyin offering Korra to learn how to Metalbend with her and Opal asking Bolin if he wants to as well. It's right here!
For those who can't see it like me, there's someone on tumblr who posted it here.

Last edited:

the1stpkmnfan

Your Big Buff Bro
Thank goodness Asami is not a villain. I like where she is now, and especially with her friendship with Korra.

The two final episode titles are very interesting. The 12th one is definitely an eye opener, as it reflects back on Guru Laghima's poem.

matt0044

Found this on Tumblr:

tumblr_inline_n8vxwiftrA1rr58wk.jpg

the1stpkmnfan

Your Big Buff Bro
These next two episodes tonight were fantastic. Well, executed episodes. There were so many references to both The Legend of Korra and Avatar TLA. I felt like a huge nerd for catching them all.

Old Wounds was probably my favorite of the two. Lin getting a session on tracing her past memories with her family. Unfortunately, I already read the spoilers that Lin's sister use to be a criminal. Although it's hinted very well in context from episode five. And yes! Toph appears in the flashback. I feels really good to see Toph indepdent in one of these moments. While the flashbacks from Book 1 were great too, I really enjoyed seeing Toph handling a situation that involved her personal family. While it wasn't too big of a question as to why Lin got her scars, knowing it was her sister made that feel very personal. Holy crap, I'm tear bending at this time.

Suyin calling out Lin about Tenzin leaving her was a HUGE cat fight ignition. Holy cow, it's a sister cat fight. FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT! This episode is really good. And then suddenly, Lin feels all better after a nap. Talk about a huge change. Oh, I see what the show is doing there. For real though, I'm glad Lin and Opal got together for Lin to apologize. As well as Lin and Suyin for their reconcile.

The Red Lotus is in Republic City, and they are bad*** as ever. Still, I really want to know more about them, and we're still getting little scenes of them. I know they're getting built up for the last half of the season, though. Hopefully we get more focus of them in the coming episodes next week.

Original Airbenders was a decent episode to follow. It's surprised me that it focused mainly on Tenzin and the new airbenders. Quite a focus shift, but a great one at that. It shocked me that there were Bison Poachers in the Northern Air Temple area. No surprise they were affiliated with the Earth Queen in the black market. And one of them said there's a rumor the Earth Queen ATE her father's bear?! BOSCO? NO! Absolutely not. It's not acceptable. Down with the Queen for freaking sake!

Tenzin's boot camp session was hilarious, and I totally saw it coming. What I didn't expect was Bumi to quit suddenly. But I understand his dilemma, and the poor thing had a rough time. Especially Jinora, who has a lot more potential than Tenzin gives her credit for. Tenzin and Pema's scene was also very enlightening, and she definitely deserves more screen time for her perspective.

The air benders battling the poachers was well executed, and I'm glad to see they're growing. The guy who got his head shaved discovered his baldness helped him sense the poacher net. Very nifty, and it was my favorite moment of the battle! And yay, the bison and airbenders are friends now. Glad we also got to see more spirits in this episode, and it's awesome they are a part of the human world, just from this episode.

Now comes the next two episodes, July 25.

"The Terror Within"
"The Stakeout"

Hopefully these episodes direct us to some Team Avatar VS The Red Lotus confrontation.

PokeMaster366

Just finished watching the new episodes, and I must say, I am enjoying Season 3 so much right now. BTW, is it me, or do the Red Lotus seem much less extreme than the previous antagonists? Amon blew up the whole Pro Bending ring, and Unalaq was basically taking over the Southern Water Tribe through the military,

But the Red Lotus, at least so far, weren't as eager to cause destruction. They tried to escape the city by stealthing it up and only begun to use violence when their cover was blown. It's nice to know that they aren't so eager to go around picking fights, but I guess you can't do that regularly when you don't have an army on your side.

matt0044

Platinum fan.

RetiredPokemonMaster
I enjoyed these latest two episodes. I especially loved Original Airbenders. More of Tenzin's family! I demand more! I just love Bumi and Tenzin's interactions. And Bumi in general is just a fun character. I'm starting to grow to like Kai. I wasn't sure if I would, but he's becoming cool. Plus he's got Jinora watching his back so obviously he'll be on to great things. Clearly Jinora could have handled the situation with those bandits, she just wanted Kai to save her to boost their shipping. And at some point I was actually expecting Jinora to challenge Tenzin for control of the airbenders to be alpha...airbender. She could have if she wanted. This is Jinora's world now.

I'm glad we got Lin's story with her family. It was nice seeing such a backstory and adult Toph. I hope we see more from them in the future. Season 3 has been good so far. Probably because there's no Korra/Mako strange love story. I've enjoyed Korra way more in this season then the last.

FieryLucario

Just a Person
I liked these two episodes, they're my favorites in this season so far! (then again, I feel that way about almost every episode when they come out) It was nice to see what the airbenders were up to during the show, it's a nice and different perspective. Oh my goodness, baby sky bisons are adorable! (yes, the improper plural of bison is a joke relating to the episode) I have to say though, the first episode was far better than the second though. It was nice seeing the real story behind Lin's anger with her sister (and we finally know how she got her scars, the fandom's questions have been answered!!!) I also enjoyed seeing Toph again, even if only very briefly.

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys
Aww, these episodes were amazing <3!!! The Bolin and Opal moment when they talked about their fears was so cute <3!!!!

Also I'm loving Jinora as a character, she is just awesome.

Kai kicking the crap out of the guy at the end was epic lol.

I kind of wish Opal arrived to Tenzin by the end of the episode though :/...

Atoyont

Brains for brawn
I liked Old Wounds better than Original Airbenders, since it seemed to progress the story more to me. Original Airbenders was important to show us what's going on with Tenzin and the new airbenders, as well as providing some good character development. It was also nice to have an episode that didn't end on a suspenseful cliffhanger for once, haha. It also reminded us that the Earth Queen is still a threat; I wouldn't be surprised if she sent those poachers there for more than one reason.

I called Bolin having tried to metalbend before and not being able to, hence being reluctant to try again. I'm apprehensive about Opal going to the Northern Air Temple if Korra goes with her. Of course, I assume that the Red Lotus will get to Zaofu before they leave... story reasons.

I'm a little incredulous about Zaheer's ability to sense where Korra is. I mean, he obviously has studied Air Nomad culture and is a relatively spiritual person. But to be able to figure out where one specific (admittedly special and unique) person is in the world is a little... ridiculous. P'Li's new hairdo is stupid, by the way. Shaved sides with a ponytail? Ew.

Last edited: