• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Legend of Korra: Book 4 - Balance - Starts October 3

Everlasting

Everything stays.
Family is pain, but I am glad that Opal isn't Lin's daughter.

Did some people really think Opal was Lin's daughter ? I mean, yeah I saw some spoilers and all, but that would've been last on my "expectations/speculations" list for the Lin and Suyin backstory if I didn't...
Lin does not even like children, so that wouldn't make much sense...

matt0044

Platinum fan.

RetiredPokemonMaster
Aang and Toph weren't perfect as parent… but really, who is?

BTW, Sailor Mercury's new English VA voices adult Toph.

I'm actually glad they were flawed parents. Both Aang and Toph are legends in this era, and that is great, but you don't want to make them so perfectly perfect. And it seems that both weren't the best parents. I'm sure they meant well, but they weren't perfect. They are human. I'm glad they have these flaws while still being recognized figures of their time.

matt0044

Lin's beef with Su adds a new layers to when she came down hard on Korra in episode 1. It also explains her attitude with Mako when he tried to pull the heroic rookie detective shtick more.

Shneak

this is a Nessa x Sonia stan account ✨
Did some people really think Opal was Lin's daughter ? I mean, yeah I saw some spoilers and all, but that would've been last on my "expectations/speculations" list for the Lin and Suyin backstory if I didn't...
Lin does not even like children, so that wouldn't make much sense...

I saw a lot of people speculating it and I was afraid it was a spoiler and they actually knew.

Atoyont

Brains for brawn
One comment that Su made in "Old Wounds" has me wondering about something. When Korra begins to manipulate the metal for the first time, Su declares that she is the first metalbending Avatar. It answers one question I had (could Aang metalbend?) but opens another. Why did Aang never learn to metalbend? He was close friends with the inventor of the skill, and I'm sure Toph would have gladly taught him. Maybe Aang tried but could never get the hang of it, which makes sense on one front (he had the hardest time with earthbending) but not on another (Aang demonstrated Seismic Sense, which helped Toph discover metalbending in the first place). Of course, he may have just been too busy trying to clean the world up after the 100-Year War.

Thoughts?

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
One comment that Su made in "Old Wounds" has me wondering about something. When Korra begins to manipulate the metal for the first time, Su declares that she is the first metalbending Avatar. It answers one question I had (could Aang metalbend?) but opens another. Why did Aang never learn to metalbend? He was close friends with the inventor of the skill, and I'm sure Toph would have gladly taught him. Maybe Aang tried but could never get the hang of it, which makes sense on one front (he had the hardest time with earthbending) but not on another (Aang demonstrated Seismic Sense, which helped Toph discover metalbending in the first place). Of course, he may have just been too busy trying to clean the world up after the 100-Year War.

Thoughts?

Well, to be fair, there was no metal to use during Aang's final battle.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
I kind of hope that Bolin's crush on Opal goes horribly wrong like Korra's romantic relationship with Mako; I just can't get into shipping in this series.

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys
I kind of hope that Bolin's crush on Opal goes horribly wrong like Korra's romantic relationship with Mako; I just can't get into shipping in this series.

But Opal and Bolin are so adorable together :(...plus I like the fact that they call each other out on their BS so they can actually talk.

matt0044

But Opal and Bolin are so adorable together :(...plus I like the fact that they call each other out on their BS so they can actually talk.

Yeah, this show needs a good couple or two.

matt0044

HoennMaster

Thoughts?

Aang spent a great deal of his life trying to restore all four Air Temples to their pre-war glory. Along with that, creating the United Republic and raising a family at a young age, I'm assuming he didn't have much spare time.

not sure if u guys talked about this yet but what do guys think the impact of munk laghima is going to have on the overall story since he seems to be important to zaheer?

we know that airbending can kill but do u guys think that zaheer will show it as well or a subversion of airbending?

AJ

❖☢☼☯☾♛☮
not sure if u guys talked about this yet but what do guys think the impact of munk laghima is going to have on the overall story since he seems to be important to zaheer?

we know that airbending can kill but do u guys think that zaheer will show it as well or a subversion of airbending?

Guru Laghima probably won't have any impact other than Zaheer's amibition to enter the void. However, IIRC one of the avatar extras episodes said that there was a rumor that the airbenders didn't all die. That some of them "became the wind." Guru Laghima may have meant that by entering the void. But it's all speculation. Nickelodeon already barely let a TON of stuff from LoK past censors so I doubt Zaheer will kill on screen. It's implied that Ming Hua threw people into that volcano in her prison but it's vague enough to be aired. If Zaheer kills, they'll just have Sokka someone say it was really unclear.

matt0044

Atoyont

Brains for brawn
Aang spent a great deal of his life trying to restore all four Air Temples to their pre-war glory. Along with that, creating the United Republic and raising a family at a young age, I'm assuming he didn't have much spare time.
He probably didn't, which is why that's the most logical explanation. Either way, I would have assumed he would have at least tried at some point.

Korra can do it now anyway, so it doesn't really matter.

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys
I hope we eventually see Korra doing all of the sub bending styles. It would be cool to have a avatar that can do them all.

Grey Wind

I think it's 10x better than the first two books. Korra and Mako were zzzzzzzzz most of the time and Asami/Mako barely got off the ground. Kai kind of annoys me but his thing with Ginora is cute and Bolin/Opal isn't taking up enough screen time to be annoying.