• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Legend of Korra: Book 4 - Balance - Starts October 3

matt0044

Korra and Mako were zzzzzzzzz most of the time

As a Makorra shipper, I have to disagree.

In general, I primarily ship characters based on if I think there’s chemistry. I look for character dynamics that usually involve an element of tension, a certain level of antagonism between Person A and Person B. Mako and Korra have that. I enjoy watching that dynamic play out, seeing the shift from “you’re driving me insane” to “you’re driving me insane but I’d also like to pin you against the wall,” and, when the couple finally does get together, it feels more satisfying to me when that type of development has occurred. The “I love you” that comes is more intriguing when the relationship required work and the following development of a now romantic relationship—learning how to love that person while still being challenged by them, still challenging them—is incredibly appealing. I never felt like that type of push-pull dynamic existed between Korra and Bolin, so it just didn’t strike me as a ship I was interested in exploring.

Platinum fan.

RetiredPokemonMaster
I hope we eventually see Korra doing all of the sub bending styles. It would be cool to have a avatar that can do them all.

Strange, but I never had a problem with the Avatar not being able to do everything. At least not with Aang. Aang could do all the basic elements because he's the Avatar and he's got Avatar state. But I kinda like how other characters had things with their elements that they could do that Aang couldn't. Like Azula shooting lightning, Katara Blood Bending, and Toph inventing Metal Bending. It made them feel special in a way too despite not being the Avatar. At least I don't think Aang could do all that.

As far as Korra goes, if she gets all the advance stuff as well, I guess it's okay. Since most of it, bar Blood Bending, isn't as rare as it use to be.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
Tbh, I still feel that Korra's weaker than Aang at bending the elements. I expected her to improve last season, but without a power up via the Avatar State or deus ex machina, her skills seemed to have stagnated imo. Maybe her learning to Metalbend will change that, but I'm not holding my breath.

Platinum fan.

RetiredPokemonMaster
Tbh, I still feel that Korra's weaker than Aang at bending the elements. I expected her to improve last season, but without a power up via the Avatar State or deus ex machina, her skills seemed to have stagnated imo. Maybe her learning to Metalbend will change that, but I'm not holding my breath.

I think Korra's improved since she first started. I wouldn't say who's stronger between her and Aang. I wouldn't know. They've never fought after all, LOL.

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys
Strange, but I never had a problem with the Avatar not being able to do everything. At least not with Aang. Aang could do all the basic elements because he's the Avatar and he's got Avatar state. But I kinda like how other characters had things with their elements that they could do that Aang couldn't. Like Azula shooting lightning, Katara Blood Bending, and Toph inventing Metal Bending. It made them feel special in a way too despite not being the Avatar. At least I don't think Aang could do all that.

As far as Korra goes, if she gets all the advance stuff as well, I guess it's okay. Since most of it, bar Blood Bending, isn't as rare as it use to be.

Oh, I don't have a problem with it either, I just thought it would be cool. For instance, if she's facing a Blood Bender, she can be better prepared for it cuz she herself can Blood bend. Or if she is facing a lighting shooter, she could redirect it.

Plus it would open up new ways for the characters to interact.

Mako could teach Korra how to redirect and shoot lighting....Katara can show Korra how to Blood Bend and work on her healing kills....Jinora can teach Korra how to Spirit Bend.

And Korra and Bolin can practice Metal Bending together. Oh, and it would also be cool for Asami to teach Korra how to do martial arts.

Platinum fan.

RetiredPokemonMaster
Oh, I don't have a problem with it either, I just thought it would be cool. For instance, if she's facing a Blood Bender, she can be better prepared for it cuz she herself can Blood bend. Or if she is facing a lighting shooter, she could redirect it.

Plus it would open up new ways for the characters to interact.

Mako could teach Korra how to redirect and shoot lighting....Katara can show Korra how to Blood Bend and work on her healing kills....Jinora can teach Korra how to Spirit Bend.

And Korra and Bolin can practice Metal Bending together. Oh, and it would also be cool for Asami to teach Korra how to do martial arts.

Now if they did it like that, then that would be fun. Not to mention it makes so many members of Team Korra so useful. Korra could be OP in Avatar State if she could Blood Bend, Metal Bend, and shoot lighting. Add in Spirit Bending, and it's over for the bad guys.

Lorde

Now if they did it like that, then that would be fun. Not to mention it makes so many members of Team Korra so useful. Korra could be OP in Avatar State if she could Blood Bend, Metal Bend, and shoot lighting. Add in Spirit Bending, and it's over for the bad guys.

For the conclusion of Book 3, Jinora could simply show up with some deus ex machina again and give Korra the boost she needs to beat Zaheer's group imo. She's a good plot device.

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys

Well if she knows how to do all these things, it will stop the fans from calling DEM on every little new strategy lol.

People are still calling the Jinora thing DEM even after they explained what it was and they did it again.

Platinum fan.

RetiredPokemonMaster
The Jinora thing was not a DEM. Jinora is just so powerful that her appearance alone makes the bad guys jump up and down screaming "That's not fair! You have Jinora on your team!" Jinora could easily beat these new villains by herself. She's just being nice and letting Korra handle them because it's her job as Avatar. But Jinora is not a DEM. She's just that awesome. Why? Because she is Jinora.

matt0044

The Jinora thing was not a DEM. Jinora is just so powerful that her appearance alone makes the bad guys jump up and down screaming "That's not fair! You have Jinora on your team!" Jinora could easily beat these new villains by herself. She's just being nice and letting Korra handle them because it's her job as Avatar. But Jinora is not a DEM. She's just that awesome. Why? Because she is Jinora.

Well, that and Harmonic Convergence boosted her spirit powers to go to Korra and revive Raava (by having her grow faster within Vaatu due to their Yin-Yang thing).

DarkGengar

Ghost Reaper
Anyone else hating the timing Nick has decided to air this? It's utterly stupid.They should of aired the new season on Saturday morning like the first one instead of a Friday, when everyone usually out. It's definitely going to affect the ratings. Still, Book 3 is definitely muuuuch better than book 2.

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys
Anyone else hating the timing Nick has decided to air this? It's utterly stupid.They should of aired the new season on Saturday morning like the first one instead of a Friday, when everyone usually out. It's definitely going to affect the ratings. Still, Book 3 is definitely muuuuch better than book 2.

I think Nick isn't really too worried about rating this year since Book 4 is already revealed. Plus the whole leak thing threw everything off.

Grey Wind

I don't think nick is the biggest fan of Korra anyway. Apparently they almost didn't pick up the first season at all.

Also, I'm not bothered about Korra learning the sub-bending skills. She already has four elements she can bend, I'd sort of rather that they left the unique stuff to other characters rather than giving her everything (although she's probs gonna learnt to redirect lightning at some point).

matt0044

I don't think nick is the biggest fan of Korra anyway. Apparently they almost didn't pick up the first season at all.

Yet they did. And three more seasons.

Can't be because of girls:

tumblr_n1o01xEgor1rhavdko3_r2_500.png

Last edited:

Everlasting

Everything stays.
I'm afraid something bad happened with the low ratings...

"[...] the network has started pulling the episodes completely. After seven new episodes of Book Three’s 13 have aired, Nick has pulled one episode from this Friday as well as all four episodes from August 1 and 8.

Episode 8 “The Terror Within” is still airing this Friday at 8 p.m. (ET/PT).

No word on when (or where) the remaining five episodes will air. With a Comic-Con panel this Friday, we’ll likely find out pretty soon."

For anyone interestred in seeing the source and the full article, click here.

I'm very sad about having only one episode of Korra this week and not knowing what will happen next... I'm mad at Nick' right now.

Last edited:

Lorde

I'm afraid something bad happened with the low ratings...

"[...] the network has started pulling the episodes completely. After seven new episodes of Book Three’s 13 have aired, Nick has pulled one episode from this Friday as well as all four episodes from August 1 and 8.

Episode 8 “The Terror Within” is still airing this Friday at 8 p.m. (ET/PT).

No word on when (or where) the remaining five episodes will air. With a Comic-Con panel this Friday, we’ll likely find out pretty soon."

For anyone interestred in seeing the source and the full article.

Not surprising in the least imo given the free falling ratings, which I still blame Nick for given the lack of promo for LoK. Hopefully the remaining episodes will air, although I'm worried about the fate of the next book.

Everlasting

Everything stays.
I'm pissed off. I really hope they make some huge promotion during that break because otherwise I'm going to get pretty mad. Korra deserves better, and I'm not sure if Nick gives two pieces about it.

Last edited:

matt0044