• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Legend of Korra: Book 4 - Balance - Starts October 3

Shneak

this is a Nessa x Sonia stan account ✨
That episode delivered. The subtitle for Book 3 and 4 should be The Legend of the Bei Fongs. The Lin/Toph reunion was interesting. I figured that Lin's dad wouldn't get too expanded upon but her presenting those resentments to Toph allowed for some nice character moments. I enjoyed the Su versus Kuvira fight and I'm generally glad that Toph got to play a part even though she's skipping out on the final battle. But she's right, it's time for the new generation to shine.

I'm hoping Korra has some more success in these final episodes.

CuriousHeartless

Juicy...yeah, I wanted to be nauseated. That was just nasty..

Go Wu. I don't care if it was to impress Korra, he still gave a helpful suggestion that could save lives.

Yeah, I see no way to continue denying that Kuvira is fantasy Hitler. This might be the point where some say 'but better looking' but because that is an idiotic way to defend someone, I'm leaving it as fantasy Hitler.

Am I the only one who doesn't really like Old Toph? Her callousness to Lin is really annoying. And no, the 'I may not have been the best mom, but I have two wonderful daughters' thing doesn't help, it is so overused that it is a platitude and not heartwarming. She isn't awful, but I just don't like her much.

Zhu Li not actually being on Kuvira's side? Kind of obvious. Her being stupid enough to have incriminating evidence on her? Well that is a twist, but only because the normally smart and prepared Zhu Li did something utterly boneheaded that comes off as OOC.

Opal forgiving Bolin? Also obvious, but at least that one is reasonable and nice to see.

HoennMaster

Toph hasn't changed one bit so I don't see what's not to continue loving.

After re-watching the clip, I have a pretty good feeling how the finale is going to go done. I bet Kuvira is going to have an Azula style meltdown. Baatar will do something like save Opal and Kuvira will see that as betrayal. She will then snap that the last person close to her has betrayed her and go crazy. I hope they don't go that route, but that's the vibe I'm getting now.

BTW, THIS is one of the best things ever.

Last edited:

Endolise

TengenToppaBoogaloo
Zhu Li not actually being on Kuvira's side? Kind of obvious. Her being stupid enough to have incriminating evidence on her? Well that is a twist, but only because the normally smart and prepared Zhu Li did something utterly boneheaded that comes off as OOC.

I don't think she had that much else of a choice. Bataar ordered that the whole machine be checked from top to bottom and was adamant that it be ready in time for the demonstration, and it didn't help that Kuvira showed up way earlier than anybody had intended. So it was a very thorough sweep, and Zhu Li's sabotaging of it was probably last-minute improvisation, which wouldn't give her a whole lot of time to run off and hide it somewhere, especially since she was the assistant of the guy who was in charge of said demonstration.

Last edited:

Everlasting

Everything stays.
The sypnosis for every episode remaining have been edited. Something new was added to each of them.

[IMG139]https://38.media.tumblr.com/a9bd9252e5e23551d4b76f3bb3e86059/tumblr_nge98toJ9h1rx92zqo1_1280.jpg[/IMG139]

"the Avatar's life" basically destroyed me.

Also, it was confirmed that the twelfth episode of Book 4 would last 24 minutes and 12 secondes long, instead of the usual ~ 22 minutes and 50 seconds, making it the second longest Korra episode, right before And the Winner Is... (with only a second more). We assume that the final Korra episode will be just as long, if not slightly longer.

I'm so happy about this. More Korra for the finale ? Couldn't ask for more! :3

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
At least Wu's doing something in the upcoming episodes that's not totally comedic relief. I'm more hyped for Kuvira vs. Korra round two though.

Navarch

It's just hitting me now that the Avatar Universe is over (animation-wise) in just two weeks. I'm really going to miss the show; and I hope Bryke misses it at some point too and decide to do a reboot. It's such a complex and interesting universe, and to see it go...well, it breaks my heart.

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys
It's just hitting me now that the Avatar Universe is over (animation-wise) in just two weeks. I'm really going to miss the show; and I hope Bryke misses it at some point too and decide to do a reboot. It's such a complex and interesting universe, and to see it go...well, it breaks my heart.

They really don't have much of a choice tbh, Nick holds the rights and if they say no more avatar, then no more avatar.

Blue Saturday

Violet Prince❤️
Bopal are back together, meh. I never found their relationship to be interesting, was kind of getting tired of Opal's attitude too. Zhu-Li being relevant, niiiice knew she didn't Face-Heel Turn. Kind of silly to hide very obvious evidence on her though, nice to see Bolin talking about Zhu-li and saying she doesn't make mistakes, you go Bo. Keep reaffirming Zhu-li's flawlessness~ Kuvira is kind of getting boring, a bit one-dimensional too. I was expecting more development as well as exposition on her but she hasn't wowed me compared to how I was in love with her at the beginning.

When an aggressive military force rises up led by the power hungry Kuvira, the fate of the Earth Kingdom hangs in the balance.

I expected so much more from Kuvira by now as a character. I was expecting her to be the villain of Korra who wowed me like Azula, Amon wasn't bad, Unalaq was terrible and Zaheer was good. But none of them have blown me away. I did find it interesting she was willing to behead Korra, kill her. With no issues at all. That would mean the next Avatar would be born in the Earth Empire and Kuvira controls who enters and exits it, meaning she could keep the White Lotus from finding the new Earth Kingdom Avatar. She could then find him/her herself and raise her, imagine and Avatar growing up to believe in Kuvira's ideals. She's be unstoppable and it certainly would give more to her power-hungry and corrupt ways. But really, there doesn't seem to be much motivation or exposition for Kuvira and that really holds her back.

HoennMaster

One week. Series finale is next Friday :(

the1stpkmnfan

Your Big Buff Bro
Holy crap. This episode started and ended very quickly.

Kuvira, man... she...
easily wiped out a station with lives all around. AND with an IRON GIANT War Machine. And she easily takes out two ships.

Korra's tactic to take out Kuvira so Baatar cant see her anymore. Then Kuvira finds their location and just blasts them away. WITH Baatar still captive. What the actually heck.

The worst part is she attacked her own fiance. Saw that coming, but that was cold.

Kuvira you really are a monster.

Pink Harzard

So majestic
The speech Wu gave trough the radio was actually inspiring. I'm glad he is getting competent.
I can't believe it that she actually attacked where Baatar is. It must be heart-wrenching for him that she cares more about getting Republic city than the one who loves her.

Blue Saturday

Violet Prince❤️
Baatar is probably going to Face-Heel Turn now. This episode made Kuvira a bit more interesting than what she was before, imo. Her brutality and megalomaniacal ways took an all new low. Korra was here, annnnd finally Kai appears but he doesn't have much to do. Ugh, I love TLOK but like I said it really isn't giving it's characters enough as ATLA did. Kai was a great character who developed really well in Book 3 and here, he didn't do much. I like his new voice and all and older design but he needs more screentime. I know Jinora's time to shine was Book 2 and Book 3 but I don't think Kai should be ignored. Suyin has really come into her own as a character, I really like her now. Much more than Lin Beifong TBH. I don't know what it is about Asami, Mako and Bolin but I just can't get a taste for their characters anymore. Weird since I loved all of old GaAng but Krew has been lacking for me. But I dunno what it is, I just can't wrap myself around Mako, Bolin and Asami. I figured I would have loved them all a lot more by now. They're all just sort of tired and a bit bland for me. But I easily love characters like Jinora, Kai, Zhu-li, Suyin but the main characters themselves aren't doing it for me. Kai and Jinora are definitely the ensemble darkhorses of the show if anything. I know everyone is going nuts for Bopal and Makorra but I'm just mainly here for some nice Kainora stuff and Korrasami is okay too.

CuriousHeartless

Well, that was something. I'll admit that Kuvira attacking early was kind of predictable. But I wasn't expecting giant mech with laser cannon. Even though this series has killed off characters, I feel like there are no casualties from that last blast. Seeing Zhu Li stand up to Varrick was pretty cool. I think Varrick may be sociopathic (Or psychopathic, I never knew the difference between those two).

I don't care if she dies or not, but Kuvira really better not get a heel-face turn. With all the racial purging, tyranny, slavery (If you give someone the options of 'work for me' or 'die' and they choose 'work for me' then it isn't working it's slavery), threatening to let villages die if they don't sweat allegiance to her, betrayal, terrorism, attempting to kill Korra in a fight that wasn't supposed to be deadly, probably hundreds if not thousands of deaths, and having a really stupid title she should probably get life if not being sentenced to execution for all her crimes. Sure she wanted to reunite the Earth Nation, but that doesn't absolve her of her crimes.

DaDonYordel

The Gazing Eye
Oh wow, Kuvira actually got in a ****ing robot. Didn't expect that asspull.
Zhu Li continues to be best grill and I'm saddened the Hummingbirds have become Red Herrings. Oh well, the usual fare for this series.

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys
Mother of God Kuvira is one crazy ****. **** the peaceful endings, she need to be taken OUT and I mean killed, it doesn't have to be Korra who does it but someone take her *** out please!!