• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Legend of Korra: Book 4 - Balance - Starts October 3

Everlasting

Everything stays.
Good luck everyone! You're going to need it if you plan on surviving the finale!

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
I'm probably the only one who isn't that hyped about the finale; I certainly don't plan on staying up late just to watch it, nor do I think that it'll be revolutionary. I simply want a good fight between Korra and Kuvira and closure for all the main characters. :x

Shneak

this is a Nessa x Sonia stan account ✨
Waiting for midnight won't make a difference for me. Can't see it on Nickelodeon's site anyway. But I'm excited and in mourning for the end.

Xuxuba

I hope someone dies. I love tragic endings. Maybe Suyin. I like Suyin but i think it would be interesting to see how her death would affect the others. Idc about any of the shipping stuff. I only ship Korrasami and we all know that this ship will never become canon.

Sonic Boom

@JohanSSB4 Twitter
HIROSHI NO. D: At least he died with honor and redeemed himself in the end.

I'm happy everyone got to contribute in some way. Even as a Mako fan, I was hoping what he did would end up as a heroic sacrifice just to stack up the emotions after Hiroshi was killed, but it's still good to see Bolin come in and save his brother.

Wu was on a roll in that finale. Wonderful development and kickassery on his part for a royal nonbender.

VARRICK AND ZHU LI DID THE THING, AND IT WAS GLORIOUS.

Opening a new spirit portal was about the only thing they could have done to make that finale compare to the other season finales, so good thing that's what happened.

We were told that Kuvira and Korra were alike before, but it came up so sparsely that their little talk in the Spirit World felt kinda....rushed, imo. The only weak part of the finale for me.

And finally,

tumblr_inline_ngtegitcwt1s8q03t.png

Lol. Shippers are going to have a field day with that one.

shadow wolf

The one and only!
I liked it, but as far as endings go, I don't know, to me it just felt like there wasn't enough closure(perhaps because I know that it's truly the end of a great series.). Maybe they could of had one more episode for the epilogue, shrug, felt a little rushed to me. Overall, loved it and sad to see it end. Great series, loved Legend of Korra, wonderful season, and entertaining finale. More on my opinion later if I feel like it.

Recon

HIROSHI NO. D: At least he died with honor and redeemed himself in the end.

I'm happy everyone got to contribute in some way. Even as a Mako fan, I was hoping what he did would end up as a heroic sacrifice just to stack up the emotions after Hiroshi was killed, but it's still good to see Bolin come in and save his brother.

Wu was on a roll in that finale. Wonderful development and kickassery on his part for a royal nonbender.

VARRICK AND ZHU LI DID THE THING, AND IT WAS GLORIOUS.

Opening a new spirit portal was about the only thing they could have done to make that finale compare to the other season finales, so good thing that's what happened.

We were told that Kuvira and Korra were alike before, but it came up so sparsely that their little talk in the Spirit World felt kinda....rushed, imo. The only weak part of the finale for me.

And finally,

tumblr_inline_ngtegitcwt1s8q03t.png

Lol. Shippers are going to have a field day with that one.

I think they handled everything really well. It wasn't all in your face like TLA's ending, but it suits the change Korra has made over the series. In fact, the last scene was again, subtle and not all in your face. Really well handled.

the1stpkmnfan

Your Big Buff Bro
The finale was exciting for sure. The attack upon the colossus was great, and tragic too...

I'm sorry you had to die, Hiroshi. :( Just when you and Asami reconciled... Noooo.

Varrick also did the thing and is marrying Zhu Li!! I love it!

The battles were amazing. All the characters had something to do. Then they come up with something unimaginable...

Another spirit portal?! Never would have though. I wanna see more of this looked into. Korra and Kuvira talking was also a nice reflection of their similarities. Although I wish this was addressed earlier. I'll accept how Kuvira made her downfall, by accepting punishment.

And that ending... oh wow
That must imply Korrasami is something. I was freaking out because the creators are giving us a fan service buffet. Geez, I wasn't expect that at all. But I guess they were done writing anything and gave some of the fans a treat. I guess. But wow. Didn't expect that.

Ep.12 - 'Day of the Colossus' gets an 9/10.

Ep.13 - 'The Last Stand' gets an 8/10.

The finale event gets about a 8.5/10.

The Legend of Korra, overall, gets a solid 9/10.

Great show. Thanks for the memories, laughter, joy and entertainment, Bryke. Well done.

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys
That finale was epic!!! And Korra's rematch with Kuvira was awesome, I'm glad Korra kicked some butt at the end. Also it's nice to see her return to her water bending routes with the Ice Bending :).

I didn't expect Varrick and Zuli to get married but it was nice to see Varrick finally pulled his head out his butt lol.

Korrasami is canon, holy crap :O!!

Also I'm happy with how they handled Kuvira and at least we finally saw her motivation.

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
I just have to post here to say the final Korra ship is the dumbest thing I've ever seen, if only because it came out of completely nowhere with no build-up. It honestly feels like the creators were influenced by online shippers and just threw it in there because they didn't want Korra to wind up alone at the end of the show.

It honestly felt like I was reading some 15 year olds shipping fanfiction. Had the ship had some actual build-up that wasn't friendship moments, I probably would have liked it.

HoennMaster

KORRASAMI IS REAL!!! One of the best LOL moments of the entire series.

Honestly, just an amazing finale overall. Best Korra finale and Book in my opinion.

I'm actually really glad they just had Kuvira be arrested. Everything else would have been too similar to ALTA. However, it kind of bugs me that we will never get to see a scene between Kuvira and Baatar Jr.

As soon as Hiroshi said I love you to Asami, I knew exactly what was going to happen. At least they brought him back to do something good. And those hummingbird suits are awesome.

Glad Varrick and Zhu Li got together.

So Mako has a scar now too...good ol'Firebenders.

Kind of disappointed the Fire Nation didn't help in the battle. Granted they had no notice.

The spirit portal opening in Republic City actually makes a whole lotta sense considering the Republic City is suppose to be the sanctuary for everyone. It was also a cool way to destroy the giant mecha suit.

While it was a great finale, it did leave a lot of unanswered questions, so let's hope we get Korra comics in the future. Still can't believe this was the last animated Avatar episode.

Last edited:

Grey Wind

OMFG I can't BELIEVE Korrasami is canon... r.i.p. Makorra you will not be missed. I'm so happy and proud that they actually went through with it, ESPECIALLY since it's a kids show and I'm sure they had Nick breathing down their necks. And Cyber are you bitter about Makorra or something because you really can't deny that there was build up to Korra and Asami... I mean it wasn't a huge focus but there was definitely multiple hints that were more than just showing off their friendship.

The rest of the finale was amazing. I loved that everyone got to do something important (especially Lin and Su!) and lmao at Zhu Li and Varrick getting married (even though it was really cute). Hiroshi's death was really sad too, I could see it coming once Asami started warning him but I wasn't expecting it at all beforehand. Wu was amazing too, I'm really happy with the slow development he got and I liked that he managed to be comic relief, but not totally forced.

The only complaint I have about the finale is that the Korra/Kuvira fight should've been longer... Aang vs Ozai was amazing and I would have liked if they'd taken down the mecha earlier to allow for a longer fight more akin to that. I did really like how Kuvira ended though, it was really heartwarming to see Korra talk to her and understand her instead of just attacking her like she would have done at the start of the series. Go character development.

Great ending to the series overall IMO. So sad it's over. :(

Last edited:

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
Well, here we go:

Oh my god, Varri Li is an actual thing, and they did the thing. That was sweet.

I heavily lament the loss of Hiroshi just as he was forgiven by Asami. I thought he was going to survive that nasty swatting action, but... I hate giant platinum mechas.

I just liked the fast-paced bending battles in the finale, just like Suyin and her sister had against Kuvira when they broke into her facility.

While I think it was sweet that Korra thinks highly of Asami, I wish we could've had an ending showing everyone doing something together in a last shot. Even though it's blatantly obvious the Korrasami ship is not happening in a show like this, the implication was kind of random.

Too bad the Fire Nation wasn't involved as much as they did in the prequel. I also wanted to know if Baatar Jr. would confront Kuvira for nearly blasting his head off... Maybe we're getting an extra exposition comic?

Overall...I will greatly lament the loss of this amazing show for my Fridays.

cons:
NO reunion of katara zuko and toph or even a cameo for aang
why foreshadow mako dying but not deliver on it to make a more emotional impact
it shouldve been a bending battle instead of the whole taking down a mecha
the end of the fight seemed anticlimactic and rushed
korraand asami didnt kiss

pros
varrik and ju li doing the thing
the death of asami's dad was done well(i actually thought varrick was going to be the one that dies protecting jue-li in the same way)

dragontamer44722

Pokegyms Owner
So, I don't want anyone to take this the wrong way, but I sat through the end of the finale going "please don't please don't please don't". I commend the writers for going in that direction, but I think that I was still hoping for a Korra/Mako reunion so much that Korra and Asami hit me like a ton of bricks. The ending worked well though, the fact that they didn't kiss or anything makes it up to personal opinion how deep their relationship goes, and though for me I want to think of it as just really REALLY good friends, I have no qualms about it being more. So sad to see that this great series is done, but I shall remember it fondly. Adeiu Legend of Korra, Adieu T_T

Platinum fan.

RetiredPokemonMaster
Wow! Two great episodes. I love the threat level Kuvira was in her giant robot mecha suit. This was entertaining. I have to give Prince Wu credit. He turned out to be a cool character after all. Annoying, sure, but he turned out to be a hero in the end. I am glad they had his character in the series now. Bravo Prince Wu.

By the way you guys, Jinora could have saved herself once again. But being the caring person that she is, she allowed Meelo and Ikki to save her and Tenzin. But let it be known that Jinora could have saved herself. Now that I got that out of the way, Kai really didn't appear that much in season 4. His biggest role was in the opening episode. Wow. Even Opal was kinda snubbed in this final episode. But at least she got plenty of screentime before the final.

Kuvira was great. I'm glad the humanized her. And the thing with her and Korra felt like a Naruto moment. It was still good though, and showed a human side of Kuvira we didn't get to see often. At least she's more sane then Azula, she went 100% mad during the original finale, she's was still a wonderful villain in the original series though. Anyway cool fight between Korra and Kuvira. Now Korra's earlier loss to Kuvira makes sense storyline wise. Maybe one day Kuvira will be helpful like Zaheer is now. Maybe one day. No more mustache twirling from her.

Varrick and Zhu Li getting married was wonderful. Them doing the thing forever is going to be timeless. I loved it. I still can't believe this was the series final. I don't know what I expected. Glad that Tenzin, Mako, Bolin, Lin, Su, Opal, Asami, the Air Benders, and everyone made it out okay...minus Asami's dad.

As far as the ending goes. At first I was like. "Ah, that's cute, Korra and Asami have been becoming better friends since Book 3." Then they kept going and I was like "Sure, why not? Good friends." Then we got to the final ending and I was like "Brave of you LOK." I have no problem with it. Seriously, I don't. Not a problem at all. I can honestly say I never saw it coming and it created one final buzz for the series didn't it? So can't fault them for going out like that. Asami Bending baby! Korra was hit with it big time.

Overall I have enjoyed the LOK series. Unlike Naruto, which also ended this year, and I was kinda happy and relieved to see it end, I feel the opposite here. I feel real sad with LOK over. I am really going to miss Korra, Asami, Bolin, Mako, Varrick, Zhu Li, Tenzin, Jinora, Ikki, Meelo, Su, Lin, Opal, Kai, Kuvira, Bataar Jr, Zaheer, even Prince Wu! I'm really going to miss these guys and this series. Thanks for the memories and for the great characters LOK.

PS: Zaheer still fears Jinora and Asami Bending! I'm going to miss saying those things on here :)

Emperor Empoleon

Honor of Kalos
I absolutely loved the final battle in the city. As well as Korra's character development in finding the meaning in her suffering. This, together with books 2 and 3 really make her story feel like something I can call a "Legend".

Although the Korrasami scene...While it was awfully sweet, it also feels weird...I mean, this (presumably) is the last scene in the Avatar franchise, ever. And their friendship having become something deeper was kind of recent. As opposed to the Aang and Katara ending for example, which had a-lot of buildup from the start. This is nice, but feels out of place.

dragontamer44722

Pokegyms Owner
I absolutely loved the final battle in the city. As well as Korra's character development in finding the meaning in her suffering. This, together with books 2 and 3 really make her story feel like something I can call a "Legend".

Although the Korrasami scene...While it was awfully sweet, it also feels weird...I mean, this (presumably) is the last scene in the Avatar franchise, ever. And their friendship having become something deeper was kind of recent. As opposed to the Aang and Katara ending for example, which had a-lot of buildup from the start. This is nice, but feels out of place.

Oh good it wasn't just me thinking the end was a it weird. Ive gotten over the initial heartbreak at no Korra/Mako, and even though there are hints of something between Korra and Asami, for me it felt....strange. Honestly I wonder whats gonna happen when this airs on tv, I imagine some people will make a fuss over it.