• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Legend of Korra: Book 4 - Balance - Starts October 3

Navarch

I read a theory a tumblr, and I like the idea of it. I'm gonna go further into it.

Azula is the Leader of the Red Lotus.

It actually kinda makes sense. She was dethroned so to say, abandoned by her family because she was insane. She may want to get revenge, and what she always wanted: To rule the world. Sure, she is really old, but what if she has children? What if P'li was her child? That really is a stretch, though. But it would be an awesome twist to see Azula behind all of this.

Another thing someone pointed out: Kuriva could be Zaheer and Suyins child. There were side by side pictures, and I think it's a possibility. Not to mention Su and Zaheer's supposed past at the circus. So many unanswered questions jEEZ.

Platinum fan.

RetiredPokemonMaster
Time for my little mini review. Took me long enough. I loved this final. I think this has to be my favorite season final so far from Legend of Korra. Way better then season 2's final. At least for me. Warning some spoilers ahead if you haven't seen this yet. But I think most if not all Korra fans have seen this final by now.

The battles were all great. I loved how serious the situation had gotten in just 13 episodes. I was impressed. Korra was amazing in the season final. I've never been a huge Korra fan but this two parter made truly love the character. She's so much better without a romance subplot weighing her down. The Red Lotus were good as always. I do wish I got a little more out of Sparky Sparky Boom Woman. I didn't even care that she died. I only liked how Lin and Suyin took her down. Don't mess with the Beifong sisters. Toph would have been so proud of them.

I was surprised to hear there were more Red Lotus members, but I shouldn't have been. It should make sense they have more. I wonder what they needed the airbenders for? After they got Korra why keep them? I was disappointed in Zaheer's ultimate goal. Really? That's what you wanted Korra for? I mean it makes sense, but it just seemed very generic to keep a secret all season. oh well the battles made up for it.

Bolin, Mako, and Asami were amazing. I loved Bolin lavabending and that little wink he did when fighting Ghazan. You are too awesome Bolin. The fights with Ghazan and Ming-Hua had me on the edge of my seat, I was wondering how they would take these criminals down. Clever use taking down Ming-Hua in a field of water. I wonder why Mako didn't try it the first time they met. Ghazan went out like a true lavabending warrior. I'll miss them. And Asami bending will never get old.

Zaheer vs Avatar State Korra. I was curious on why Zaheer was giving her so much trouble in Avatar State, but then he reminded us that she was handicapped and it made sense that she wasn't at full power. But that's okay, because Korra had backup. The best backup. I've been saying all season long that Jinora could handle Zaheer herself. And in this final she proved it. Well she let some airbenders help, but we all know Jinora could have done it herself. When Zaheer saw Jinora he wanted no part of her. He took Korra and tried to fly away but it was no use. This is Jinora's world. Zaheer's just a lemur looking for a berry.

The ending was cool. Glad to see Jinora become a Jedi Master...I mean Airbender Master. I really like how they showed Korra at the end too. It shows this battle really took a toll on her. She has limits and she's not invincible. This gives me a reason to see Korra recover and be back in season 4. Maybe she doesn't think the world needs her anymore. Bolin got Lavabending, Jinora just became a master, Airbenders are popping up all over the world. I think a lot is going through Korra's mind right now and I don't think she's so depressed just because of the poison. I really look forward to season 4. I'm excited to see what Korra, Tenzin, Mako, Bolin, Asami, Lin, Jinora, and the gang do after this.

So good job season 3. You really got me excited for season 4. I'll be foaming at the mouth until we get it.
P.S. Zaheer fears Jinora's level of awesome.

Everlasting

Everything stays.
How long do we have to wait until we get some Book 4 information ? I wasn't around at the time of Book 1 and 2 so I can't really tell, though I expect something in months...

What do you think Book 4 will be called ? I have this feeling it will be something like Balance or Order.

was i the only one who got a weird feeling when the girl who saved korra dad appeared,i feel like shes going to play an antagonistic role in the next book or something

shadow wolf

The one and only!
Uhh...is that actually confirmed to be Zaheer or is it just speculation?

Everlasting

Everything stays.
Uhh...is that actually confirmed to be Zaheer or is it just speculation?

Pretty sure it's a speculation that drove people to believe it's actually confirmed.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
Korra going berserk in the Avatar state was cool to see cause I was worried she wouldn't get to do much.

She didn't get to do much in the finale in general imo. Her fight with Zaheer, while nicely animated, was overshadowed by Bolin and Mako's fights and Jinora and the other airbenders' twister in my view. Basically everyone usurped what should've been Korra's screen-time; it's like she wasn't even needed, which is sad. :x

Atoyont

Brains for brawn
The finale had so much foreshadowing that if I posted it all here, I doubt anyone on this forum would read it all. So I'll stick with one piece of it for next season. In Laghima's shrine at Red Lotus HQ or whatever, when P'Li comes in on Zaheer meditating. She mentions him saving her from being a warlord's weapon. Now this could just be emotional sympathy for her death in five minutes, but next season is presumably in the fire nation. This "warlord" of hers may make an appearance. I put this on reddit and people seemed to like the idea so I'll ask you guys too! :)
I actually think this could be reasonable. Book One was Air, and it mainly took place in a new country. Book Two was mainly set in the Water Tribes, and Book Three was (largely) in the Earth Kingdom. So I think it would be reasonable to have Book Four take place in the Fire Nation.

CanadianGuyEh

What an incredible season. Such a comeback from the second awful season.

I wouldn't say that the Second season was awful, the introduction of the spirit world, and gaining knowledge of the first Avatar was neat.
Plus with it's second season introduction of new characters, the twins whom, one at a point was to marry Bolin.

Also, once Korra kept the gates open, that led to the the of new airbenders - including Zaheer/Zahir.

Navarch

Pretty sure it's a speculation that drove people to believe it's actually confirmed.

It looks very similar to him. And it's too coincidental. Who do you think influenced Suyin's belief that kings and queens are outdated?

However, she never said something about remembering Zaheer at all, so...

I don't think it would be smart of her to say, "Oh, I used to be good friends with Zaheer, we traveled in a circus." She probably kept her mouth shut because people would get suspicious of her.

Another thing I'd like to point out is that Suyin was a little bit hesitant to remove the poison from Korra. And, she pushed Lin out of the way, almost like she already kind of knew what was going on.

Just my opinions :)

the1stpkmnfan

Your Big Buff Bro
I feel bad for Suyin if she has nothing to do with the Red Lotus at all. I want to like her, but I can't tell whether or not if she's hiding anything. I really want to like her, and I do, especially after she lead P'Li to explode. I doubt a Red Lotus member would bend any loyalty to each other. As great as Avatar is as a franchise, I can't imagine the creators making multiple twists for a given character.

Clever use taking down Ming-Hua in a field of water. I wonder why Mako didn't try it the first time they met.

I personally thought Mako was screwed, until I realized he can bend lightening. then I realized, its not so easy to just use lightening on a whim. Mako was smart not to reveal all his power to Ming-Hua. To bend lightening, it requires precision, for direction, as Mako can't control the lightening wherever it goes. Striking Ming-Hua in a pool of water, at that moment, was the most clever strategy he pulled since his fight with Amon.

AJ

❖☢☼☯☾♛☮
No. Because of the emotional conflict inside of Mako, which was visible throughout the season, he couldn't produce lightning. Iroh from book 2 of TLA tells us emotions must be in check to produce lightning. Until the final encounter with her, Mako could not use lightning. It's why he hasn't used it the entire Book.

Everlasting

Everything stays.
Official release date of the Korra video game was announced! It's set to be released on October 21 on PlayStation Network and PC, and October 22 on the Xbox Marketplace! The game introduces the Pro-Bending mode, unlockable after beating the main storyline for the first time. It's looking pretty cool!

On the same article, Bryan Konietzko and Michael DiMartino get interviewed about the Book 3 finale, Zaheer, Book 4 and the game! Then, Janet Varney (Korra's voice actress) and David Faustino (Mako's voice actor) discuss about Book 3 and their expectations for Book 4 !
- Book 4 is already written and "the show is essentially done". They already started recording some voice acting.
- Korra will have a new enemy in Book 4 but they "won't talk about it just yet". Zaheer is probably not set to appear as a threat again. Bryan also mentioned "It all ties in. You’ll see how it all ties in to Book 3."

Very interesting interviews and videos! To read the article, you can click here!

Last edited:

the1stpkmnfan

Your Big Buff Bro
This is great, actually. With that video game coming out, I'll be occupied until Book 4's release. The game looks pretty solid to play.

Shneak

this is a Nessa x Sonia stan account ✨
I didn't think the game was downloadable only. Kind of telegraphs how much content is in it. The bending gameplay itself looks fun and versatile but I'm not sold on the other aspects of the game.

Navarch

Official release date of the Korra video game was announced! It's set to be released on October 21 on PlayStation Network and PC, and October 22 on the Xbox Marketplace! The game introduces the Pro-Bending mode, unlockable after beating the main storyline for the first time. It's looking pretty cool!

On the same article, Bryan Konietzko and Michael DiMartino get interviewed about the Book 3 finale, Zaheer, Book 4 and the game! Then, Janet Varney (Korra's voice actress) and David Faustino (Mako's voice actor) discuss about Book 3 and their expectations for Book 4 !
- Book 4 is already written and they said "the show is essentially done". They already started recording some voice acting.
- Korra will have a new enemy in Book 4 but they "won't talk about it just yet". Zaheer is probably not set to appear as a threat again. Bryan also mentioned "It all ties in. You’ll see how it all ties in to Book 3."

If I missed something, let me know!

Very interesting interviews and videos! To read the article, you can click here!

*faints*

Yay, info! Even if it's only a little bit. The new game looks awesome, too.

I actually thought the date said Book 4 released October 21st. Now wouldn't that be awesome?

FieryLucario

Just a Person
Two thing I just want to say real quickly. (that people have already brought up)

1: I just realized that the three benders on Team Avater have all mastered some form of sub bending (Korra learned metal bending, Mako lightning bending, and Bolin lava bending) Not really conversation driving (sorry) but just something interesting that I noticed.

2: In the last part of the finale, we see Jinora's air bending ceremony. We saw here with her air bendign tattoos and a completely shaved head. Now, I noticed that typically air bender females don't usually shave all of their head (unless they do for the sake of the ceremony and then it grows back) Either I'm over thinking this and I need to stop, or does this mean something? (I don't know what it would mean, I just noticed something I found interesting)

Anyways, the finale was awesome and I can't wait for the next book.