• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Legend Of Thunder! (003)

Phantom_Bugsy

So hot he's on fire.
Alfonso said:
Yeah, that's him. The subtitled one I saw a while back had him as 'Ken'. Which is like... no. He's in the Intro, I think, along with Eusine. Makes you wonder why they were hanging around with eachother... :p (Of course, they *could* just have been talking about Suicune, or something. Or Eusine's recent breakup with Morty/Falkner/Jirarudan/Bugsy/Will/Every Good Looking Pokemon Guy Ever. :D)

I *so* want a Jun'ichi Hoso. Even if it *didn't* have Backshippy stuff. I'd even settle for a cameo, or something. (I think it would be great if Ash was watching TV and to be watching a 'Champion Takes On All Challengers' Match between Lance and Jun'ichi.) :3

XD! Eusine's such a ****. But in the good way. >3 I still think Will and Eusine are brothers, but that's just my creepy logic coming into play. o_O

Ken? Ewww. I never really liked that name anywhere except Weiss Kreuz.

Jun'ichi DOES deserve his own Hoso, yes. Maybe with Hazuki in there too.... >3 THEN MY PAIR CAN BE JUSTIFIED. I mean.......because Hazuki needs a story too. XD!

C

Cosmo

Wow, so many Junichi fans here. Maybe we should form a fanclub. I agree, he should have a hoso with Hazuki.

As for Kenta and Marina, we heard enough about them already.

S

Swiftrat

Ummm...

I'm confused, why exactly was this special episode not shown outside Japan? I got two people telling me two different things:

1. WB Kids didnt want to dub it because it didnt have Ash in it?

2. It was a Nintendo of Japan-exclusive Event episode?

Can anyone fill me in? =^^'=

C

Cosmo

I'll add another reason to that

3) 4kids are stupid and don't want to dub any of the specials.

C

Crystal Latios

Alfonso said:
*glomps both Casey and Phantom Bugsy*

*Casey tackles Phantom Bugsy* :p Shoo shoo XD *Bugsy runs away*
*Casey hugs Alfonso*

Cosmo said:
4kids are stupid and don't want to dub any of the specials.

Yes, its weird. I think, they should do that. "Mewtwo Returns" has dub version, so why Raikou thing doesn`t? Hmmm.... :rolleyes:

Cosmo said:
Wow, so many Junichi fans here. Maybe we should form a fanclub. I agree, he should have a hoso with Hazuki.

As for Kenta and Marina, we heard enough about them already.

Yes, I agree with you ^_^ Juni`chi is adorable *she hugs Juni`chi* I love episodes with him and I`m glad, he is in "Raikou Special". Well, I heard, that people would like to see there Kamon/Silver, but I don`t agree. Kenta, Marina and Silver are boring hero kids. I preffer cute Juni`chi than a next hero dude.

Alfonso

Derpgull
Casey said:
*Casey tackles Phantom Bugsy* :p Shoo shoo XD *Bugsy runs away*
*Casey hugs Alfonso*

Yes, its weird. I think, they should do that. "Mewtwo Returns" has dub version, so why Raikou thing doesn`t? Hmmm.... :rolleyes:

Yes, I agree with you ^_^ Juni`chi is adorable *she hugs Juni`chi* I love episodes with him and I`m glad, he is in "Raikou Special". Well, I heard, that people would like to see there Kamon/Silver, but I don`t agree. Kenta, Marina and Silver are boring hero kids. I preffer cute Juni`chi than a next hero dude.

Seriously now, what will people think with all this open Gang Glomping? :p

They didn't dub it because Ash and Pikachu wern't in it. Which sucks, because all of the characters are cooler than the ones in the normal series. Well, May, Max and TR *do* improve things somewhat, but still. The Raikou Special characters were different.

'Course, everybody knows I hate 4Kids Morals, so this made my hatred even worse. -_-

Poor Kamon never gets any love, does he? Damned scriptwriters...

Last edited:
C

Cosmo

Casey said:

Yeah, me too. I wish they would show more hosos/epis with him. Main reason is that he has my favorite pokemon Meganium. I remember naming my Meganium after him. They should've shown Kamon more though.

T

The Trainer

Silver's non manga name(they really should give better names than colors), is Kamon. I never knew that. I think they should make more specials like this one. The current anime is predictable(too predictable).

Murgatroyd

Dull Manga Avatar
Where'd that name come from, anyway? I've seen it all over, but I'm quite certain the rival was never given an official name in either the game or the anime.

MidnightScott

Super Gamer
Well the game names are for the people and Junichi has a dub name.

Kenta: Taylor
Marina: Kris
Junichi: Jackson <--- That's from the Show

Ash battled Jackson

-Scott-

R

RaikouRider243

This doesn't make any sense to me. A movie starring Entei and another one
co-starring Suicune were released here. Everyone who knows about this special can say it's probably the best special of all. There are a few "valid" reasons why 4Kids wouldn't dub and translate this episode, and here are my responses to them.

Q1) Johto's long gone. No one would want to buy this.
A1) The fans have spoken. This episode has been "illegally" fan-translated into English, and over 96% of all those who saw it loved it.

Q2) It won't work because it doesn't feature Ash or Pikachu.
A2) Haven't you figured it out yet?! A break from the norm of Ash and Pikachu saving the day is exactly what the fans want. Tried-and-true isn't always the best way to go.

Q3) Raikou's already made an animé appearance.
A3) <bias>You call a Raikou-shaped shadow seen jumping toward the horizon for a couple of seconds an animé appearance?!</bias> With one other exception, every Legendary Pokémon has made a major animé appearance, and all but four have even starred or co-starred in their own movie!!!

Q4) Some of the characters are too hostile for younger children.
A4) "Too hostile for younger children" my ***. How hard can it be to edit the minor "hostilities" out?! Gimme a break!!!

I could go on forever about the lame excuses as to why this episode has not made it to the US, but I will stop here.

T

The Trainer

PokémonScott said:

Ash battled Jackson

-Scott-

I always thought that Kenta was Yoshi and Marina was Dani(says so in there bios), but I hardly know anything in this field, so I'm probably wrong. Oh, and in G/S version, you could name yourself Kamon (Something about the rival's name being Silver in the manga tells me that there were probably two different sets of names; one for Gold version, the other in Silver version; I have Silver version)

Last edited by a moderator:

Evil Azurill

RIP Maddie
You know...now that everyone's already talking about him, I'd also like to see Junichi in a Hoso. Or maybe even come back in a regular anime ep. Though I have to say...the name 'Jackson' never has and still doesn't do anything for me...-_-

He's so overshadowed by Kenta and Marina TT_TT And of the three, in my opinion, he's the best. Probably one of my fav non-Rocket characters.

Fav. Raikou Special characters:

1. Shiranui-Hakase!! (yay! *glomp*)
2. Buson (gotta love the shades)
3. Bashou (...I have pants like that...O_O)
4. Junichi
5. Eusine
6. Kamon
7. the rest...

I want to see this soooo bad!! ;.;

C

Cosmo

PokémonScott said:

Ash battled Jackson

-Scott-

I believe Kenta was Yoshi and Marina was Dani in the dub. Man, the three got the worst dub names in history of Pokemon, no offence.

C

Crystal Latios

Their english names are:

Kenta- Yoshi
Marina- Dani
Juni`chi- Jackson

Bleeeeeeeh *Casey has sickness* I agree, the worst names. I don`t know, why they had to give them dub names. I think, their original names are the best. Also, "Yoshi" is a japanese name too.
Only Minaki has a nice name- Eusine :)

The Big Al

I just keeping Octo
I don't like 4Kids names either.

Like I said before, 4Kids are robbing themselves of a goldmine with this one.

Kanto Trio

Must Defeat Dent!
I have seen this special before, and it was pretty good. Here were the stuffs I liked and disliked.

-the part about the Black Hole Mode was neat
-Kenta making fun of Steelix and making it mad was funny
-Jackson complaining about Maina being captured and blaming it on Kenta hich was funny
-Steelix falling off to the stream
-the main heroes for the show, Ash, Misty, and Brock, weren't in a Pokemon stroy for once (even though I do like them)

Dislike
-Raikou getting caught by the electric forcefield caused by the crystal which got repetitive
-could of been more interesting

Overall it was good. I would give it a 9/10 since Raikou getting caught by the crystal force field got reptitive even the the Dark Hole Mode was pretty nice. Plus, having Ash, Misty, and Brock not being in a Pokemon story for once was pretty nice though sometimes I wish they were in it.

Last edited:

Chris

Old Coot
RaikouRider243 said:
Q1) Johto's long gone. No one would want to buy this.
A1) The fans have spoken. This episode has been "illegally" fan-translated into English, and over 96% of all those who saw it loved it.
When it comes to 4Kids, the fans' opinions don't matter and there's nothing you can do about it. 4Kids thinks they know what their fans want without listening to a word they say.

RaikouRider243 said:
Q2) It won't work because it doesn't feature Ash or Pikachu.
A2) Haven't you figured it out yet?! A break from the norm of Ash and Pikachu saving the day is exactly what the fans want. Tried-and-true isn't always the best way to go.
No, it won't work because Satoshi isn't in it. 4Kids isn't dubbing any specials before Houso because they're old and Satoshi isn't in them (with the exception of Mewtwo Returns which did have Satoshi in it). Houso specials aren't going to air since it's a completely different series and 4Kids would have to buy those.

RaikouRider243 said:
Q4) Some of the characters are too hostile for younger children.
A4) "Too hostile for younger children" my ***. How hard can it be to edit the minor "hostilities" out?! Gimme a break!!!
Editing it would just kill the moment and would ruin the idea that these two Rocket Gang members are not kidding around and are serious when it comes to rare Pokémon.

RaikouRider243 said:
I could go on forever about the lame excuses as to why this episode has not made it to the US, but I will stop here.
The reasons be are that Satoshi isn't in them, and 4Kids isn't going to purchase specials that are around 2 to 3 years old, possibly older.

O

Ororo Munroe

I like Marina's dub name. ;P Anyways, I just watched this episode and it was great! I haven't looked at too many of the pics from it before or the synopsis so I didn't know what was going to happen. It was an awesome episode and the first one I watched subbed (and in Japanese as well). Eusine's Japanese voice is cool. It was funny when they said damn, hell, and b.astard because I didn't expect it because they'd never be allowed in dub versions.

Edit:
The Big Al said:
Is it just me or does Juni'chi act a lot like Harry from Zoids Century zero.
Harry's the guy with those two robots and likes that girl main character, right? Yeah, their girl obsessions do seem the same. (I haven't seen Zoids in about two years so I don't remember their names that well.)

Last edited by a moderator:

Heracross

Custom User Title
I just saw this recently and I thought it was very good. Despite 4Kids opinions on the matter, having the story center on other trainers besides Ash & co was a very welcome change. Variety is a good thing 4Kids, why can't you understand that? Anyways, this had a good overal plot, and the two Team Rocket members were really serious, which was a change because we usually don't see the serious agents in the show. I liked all the characters, they all had good personalities. Now I can finally see why so many people like Junichi so much, he was great. I loved the part when Eusine was talking to Kenta and they were all serious and suddenly Junichi just starts wiggling across in the background wailing "Marina-chaaan! Marina-chaaan!" I laughed out loud.XD It's so unfortunate this wasn't released outside Japan because I think most people missed out on seeing an excellent special. Oh well, not much to do about it, I'm just glad to have been able to see it myself because it was really great.^_^

Last edited: