• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Legend Of Thunder! (003)

Gaiash

Champion Scientist
Cyber reminded me of the debates I got into in this thread. Looking back at them it's weird how much I used to defend 4Kids for things like this (even in that terrible One Piece dub).

I actually played this at the anime club I go to not that long ago and I was the one pointing out the drastic changes made by the dub. In fact that's why my user title is Champion Scientist, because we all found that line hillarious.

Tyranitar Rules

Pokemon Fan =D
I cant help to notice, but Hun was changed to a girl in the dub xD

Anyway, I liked the legend of thunder, but did not like how much edit 4Kids made to the dub -_-

But overall, its a great episode/special/movie

G50

No longer posting
This episode was very cool. It was great to see Raikou eventually become friends with the good guys and even save them from TR. Man that crystal was powerful... took a long time to destroy. Typhlosion is 1 awesome battler! The 1st battle was great against Hitmonlee. Marina is hilarious in the 1st part.

80/100

placement

Really good special. We can see here a lot of strong Pokemon and other important facts. Few of these facts are missing in the other episodes of main series.
The first important thing is the age. Main characters have changed since leaving New Bark Town. During the opening song, we see them as children. When they met to rescue Raikou,they are much older than in the beginning.
Now is turn to the second fact. Characters are dreaming about something. Some of them want to be masters of Pokemon or excellent coordinators/poke-idols. Anyway there is a place for some kind of feeling, which is not less important.
This is all what I remember.

I made sure to watch this before the Joutou championship because I read Jun'Ichi would show up.
I really liked the character. Kenta was cool too. I mean, I was worried they would make him talk and behave like another Satoshi but he did have his own personality. (Just like Marina)

I wish they would have used those characters in the series, even if just in a handful episodes, instead of just a TV special, during the Jouto part.

Archangel Azazel

Fallen Angel
Recdently re-watched this whole mini movie/special and I really wish Ethan was the one in the main series instead of Ash. I like this episodes because I really love Raikou and he is just plain awesome. Also this Team Rocket Duo is pretty much ruthless to get what they need.

32er

TM87? I got TM32 :]
Great movie (though the dub was edited seriously heavily)
And I agree with everyone who thinks Ethan/Jimmy should have been the main character instead of Ash.

MattySadler

Brilliant and I find I can watch it again and again. Nice look at what it'd be like without Ash. Only downside being I quite wanted the characters to be further explored but alas...

Mrs. Oreo

Banned
Hmmm I liked seeing Raikou having a big role finally, but I didn't like how Hun had a gender change in the dub. Also Eugine, Vincent, Jimmy and Marina having different names compared to the main anime was a huge dubbing oversight. :[

JudySpell

Banned
The dub of this wasn't that bad minus the name inconsistencies. Jimmy sounded great & he was enjoyable to watch and I wish he was our protag instead of Satoshi. 7.5/10

Zamin

I rally liked these episodes.

At first I found it hard to adjust to the characters as I don't remember them from anywhere but after reading here I guess they are just in this special.

It wasn't a fun episode :)

Mrs. Oreo

Banned
Lol, so now Eusine was Eugene and he had a different VA? 4Kids showed their lack of consistency here...

Yea I like Dan Green and all, but he made Eusine sound too serious here ha ha. ^^; I dunno why Ed Paul didn't voice him here cuz I'm pretty sure he was still working for 4kids when this was dubbed.

Wednesdayz

Meowth fanatic
Eh, I didn't think this Chronicle special was needed since it's not as if we ever saw Jimmy again. That and I didn't get why Raikou was the star here. Of the Johto Beasts, it's the most vapid one.

Oh man, I wanna watch the Japanese version of this legally so bad! I love Eusine, I'm really fascinated by specials that don't contain Ash, I quite like the three main leads and Raikou is my favourite of the three beasts. I don't know any spoilers but I just wish I could get my hands on that release... -_-

LadyTriox

I have a boyfriend now; I am his princess❤️
I used to have a crush on jimmy/kenta from this special xD

I remember reading one of the team rocket members in it who was dubbed as a female was male in the japanese version.

...4kids is homophobic :/

Also, Marina's pokemon had really cute nicknames imo :3 And I think with her and their moves in battle she'd make an awesome pokemon performer.

Mrs. Oreo

Banned
That and I didn't get why Raikou was the star here. Of the Johto Beasts, it's the most vapid one.

Well Raikou didn't get a chance to show up during the Johto saga except as a cameo, so I thought its inclusion here made sense. I mean we had seen Entei and Suicune get movie and episode appearances already, so Raikou deserved this special. :3

Shayuin

Banned
Prof. Sebastian showed up here, yet hardly did anything, which is the second time he's been inactive. And why was Eusine's English name suddenly different?