• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Legend Of Thunder! (003)

Kenta99

Orange Champion
Ah.....the famed Raikou Special.
And just when I saw what Serebii posted about it coming to DVD with the other Pokemon Chronicles(not 100% accurate yet)

As you can tell, Im a huge fan of Kenta and Marina. This special made me like the G/S/C games the most. I also got the G/S Pokespecial Manga because of it.

To note
It would have been cool to have Silver in there. But Junichi is a funny character, dont get me wrong. Course, being a top Questshipper, I dont even worry about Backshipping taking over. Its one sided and I dont care much for those.

We need to see Bashou and Buson in the anime more. They are some of the toughest Rocket members out there.

Things that become an eyesore:

"Oh! Kenta is another Ash!" You must be crazy. He's way more mature than Ash. He could even beat him. He has the talent and skills to beat anyone. He beat Silver for one. He's not perfect though. Not many can win when being outnumbered.

"He's not as funny as Junichi!"
So. You just like those kind of characters.

"He's too popular"
and Ash isnt? >>

"I dont like main characters always getting the girl"
cry me a river. Tell that to the producers and writers

Some people saying that Questshippers are bashing Backshippers all the time. Im a big Questshipper.
I dont see bashing in the Questshipping thread. Someone must be jumping the gun.

Anyways.......
What really vexes me is that Japan could have released this special on DVD ages ago. I know they will probably make boxsets since their Johto DVDs didnt sell as well as they planned, but still. Mewtwo Special got a DVD.
They want to sell the little Pikachu specials and movies only for now >>

MaskedManAbsolkid

When Chronicles airs, this is the episode I want to see the most. It looks interesting and it's nice to see some actual new characters (maybe except for Jackson, as he was in the Johto League)

Kakashi-Sharingan Warrior

part 1 airs tommorow

I cant wait!!!!

Phantom_Bugsy

So hot he's on fire.
Be sure to tell us what Kudou's dub name is. o____o;; 'Cause yanno, Kudou is my baby daddy.

"Hi, Eusine!" "Well, if it isn't Rachael!"

....*shot*

****ING AWESOME!!!!

I LOVED TYPHLOSIONS CHEEKY FACE IT MADE AT JIMMY!!

but what kind of name was wanne-wanne for a croconaw?

Tilla and Hun- I can see the pun

Amadeus Windfall

Gespenst KIIIICK!
I liked the episode- it had a good plot, and I can't wait 'till Friday to see the next one. The name Jimmy was a bit odd, but who cares? And as for the Vincent/Jackson case, maybe he's called Vincent Jackson or Jackson Vincent.

friday?

I never knew they aired it on friday

Marina is HOT

Blackjack Gabbiani

Clearly we're great!
212-758-7666 ext 257 is 4Kids number if anyone wants to complain about this.

I can't believe they made him a woman. That's just unforgivable.

poke_girl

The Amazing
Just looking through the Sky Guide.. it is on Friday, at 4PM, Saturday at 4PM, Sunday at 4PM then Wensday at 4:30PM

Sharpshooter

Battle Factory Champion
Jiimmy rules, although his "You rock! You rule" motto sucks.

Wow, a Team Rocket plan succeeded for once! Clever people, I think that Raikou was a bit stupid, must have panicked since it should have known from the first time of asking that the crystal only absorbs the electricity. The Team Rocket leader looks evil, nice one.

I quite liked the interaction between Jimmy and Marina throughout the episode, very shippy, I can she why so many people like Questshipping, although I wish the actual battle between the two had finished, poor Jimmy was on his way to victory.

poke_girl

The Amazing
Blackjack Gabbiani said:
212-758-7666 ext 257 is 4Kids number if anyone wants to complain about this.

I can't believe they made him a woman. That's just unforgivable.
she was ment to be a guy?
O_O;

Blazing Charmander

Yes, i just watched it and I couldn't warm up to it at all. They (4Kids), IMO have really messed it up. It sounded much better from what people have said about the Japanese version.

Here are things that have been messed up:
-The theme song: all it was was spelling out Pokemon in a singing voice.
-Names: My understanding was that the dub names for the character's were Yoshi, Jackson and Dani from the Johto League, but they have now had their name's changed to Jimmy, Vincent and Marina (her Japanese name so that's alright with me).
-Hitmonlee: Doesn't have the same voice actor who's voice better fitted Hitmonlee than this one. This voice actor was the one for Hitmontop. Didn't seem right.
-Dub songs: The songs just didn't seem right for the occasions that they were used.

Other than those complaints, I thought that the plot was good and seeing new main characters was quite refreshing. Typhlosion was awesome as well. It was funny when it pulled a cheeky face at Yoshi, when it saw him blushing. I am now starting to like Questshipping a lot after seeing this episode.

Now hopefully the rest of Chronicles will be much better than this ep.

Blackjack Gabbiani

Clearly we're great!
Darn right. Had the deepese voice in the special too. Which I was looking forward to the dub *fixing*...

poke_girl

The Amazing
-Dub songs: The songs just didn't seem right for the occasions that they were used.
Do you mean the music? yeah.. they just shoved the music from the first movie in it it seems

Last edited:

Blackjack Gabbiani

Clearly we're great!
actually, the original had that to a degree. It had a lot of movie 4 music, and for some reason at one point played the Guardian's Song from movie 2.

poke_girl

The Amazing
Blackjack Gabbiani said:
actually, the original had that to a degree. It had a lot of movie 4 music, and for some reason at one point played the Guardian's Song from movie 2.
You mean the song to call Lugia or something?

And I can see all of these Chronicals having movie music.. it's just something they seem to do, I understood it more in mewtwo returns..

♥Princess Ketchum♥

#1 Ash Satoshi Lover
yeah it was so cool and when is it on again what days

Hun was ment to be a girl?

so on friday saturday and sunday and wednesday are they the same ep of different eps?