• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Legend Of Thunder! (003)

Alfonso

Derpgull
...W. T. F.

This is disgusting. This is just plain disgusting. What the f*ck do 4Kids think they're doing, making Bashou a woman? I mean, F*CK.

So everyone knows 'Hun', or whatever he's called in the Japanese version, is a MAN in the Japanese version. He had a very, very deep voice in the original, and yet... This is just disgusting. I have lost all faith I had in 4Kids, and that was not a lot. But now, this... Jesus. Thanks a lot, 4Kids. You officially suck. And if some Mod would like to ban me, or have a go at me for bashing 4Kids, then don't. Because I won't give a s*it.

>.>

<.<

I mean, do these people HAVE memory? Don't they remember Jun'ichi from the Johto League? Don't they REMEMBER calling him Jackson?

Retarded f*cks.

Questshipping < Backshipping. Simple. *watches as the Questshipping thread becomes teh uber popular* >.>

Last edited:

Ferret

Randomness on Toast
I didn't think it was very good, the episode didn't have much substance. I hated the name Jimmy so much, and the opening song was sooo lazy (Poké Rap, come on...)

Yeah, Hitmonlee had an awful goddamn voice. I suppose you could just say it's a high-pitched one.

I thought the interaction between Jimmy and Marina was weak to be perfectly honest, we've seen it all before.
I thought the best characters were Atilla and Hun, yeah they have terrible names too, but the way they were thrown about in the episode, little was made of them meaning to go together so it was okay. I liked how they Hun was just trying to get the job done, and Atilla was playing about, they seemed to have the most to their characters, whereas Jimmy and Marina were just so cliché Pokémon hero.

I didn't like how Jimmy and Marina seemed to have this backstory, and they hinted on it but refused to go into any detail, I thought that was very poor storytelling.

The battles were sub-par and pretty boring. Seen all that before too. And there's no way in hell Raikou would be dumb enough to strike twice. Do your hand on the iron more than once? No.

Yeah, I wasn't impressed. I'll watch part 2 though.

Silver Fusion

Hyper Coordinator
I hated part 1 it sucked they mutilated the characters names and voices the only bright side was seeing the Johto trainers I might get the DVD for that one reason.
Overall Poketto Monstutaa Houso > Pokemon Chronicles please say I spelt the japanese name right.

Last edited:

Almighty Zard

He has returned.
ShucklemasterJ said:
****ING AWESOME!!!!

I LOVED TYPHLOSIONS CHEEKY FACE IT MADE AT JIMMY!!

but what kind of name was wanne-wanne for a croconaw?

Tilla and Hun- I can see the pun

Waninoko is Totodiles japanese name, so the Wani-Wani comes from that.

Shigeru-kun

Property of Jesus
They changed Bashou's gender?! What in the...gah. *growls* Oh well. I guess ONE humorous thing will come out of this. Just imagine all the fanboys possibly claiming him to be hot...XD

Other than that? I guess I can't really say anything till I see it for myself, but one thing's for sure...I'm sure as heck ticked off that from now on I'll have to listen to the names Jimmy, Hun, etc. That was the only good thing about this special not being dubbed...lack of crappy names. << *prepares herself for all the dub-lovers*

poke_girl

The Amazing
Mudkip girl said:
yeah it was so cool and when is it on again what days

me said:
Just looking through the Sky Guide.. it is on Friday, at 4PM, Saturday at 4PM, Sunday at 4PM then Wensday at 4:30PM
Also on again tonight at 7PM

Blackjack Gabbiani

Clearly we're great!
Shigeru-Kun said:
That was the only good thing about this special not being dubbed...lack of crappy names. << *prepares herself for all the dub-lovers*

Oh, I donno, I consider a fair amount of the original names to be crappy too.

And usually I love the dub, but here they went too far. I encourage everyone to call that number I posted earlier and register your disgust.

Gravy

Contaminated KFC
Cybercubed said:
Who did Marina's voice?

Please for the love of god I hope it wasn't Lisa Ortiz.
It wasn't XD But the voice has definatly been used before, I know that much.

Its repeated again in half an hour from now, so I'll try and get down as much information as I can for people outside of the UK and hopefully answer a few questions~

For the record, I thought the name 'Jimmy' for the main hero character was laughably bland. And Vincent is the sort of name I'd expect for a minor character.

poke_girl

The Amazing
Cybercubed said:
Who did Marina's voice?

Please for the love of god I hope it wasn't Lisa Ortiz.
Her voice did suck, didn't it?
I sware, it didn't seem to fit her at all..

Shigeru-kun

Property of Jesus
It's repeating? Since we ARE allowed to request/post sound clips, maybe someone can get a wav file of some of the characters? Just to see what everything somewhat sounds like.

poke_girl

The Amazing
Shigeru-Kun said:
It's repeating? Since we ARE allowed to request/post sound clips, maybe someone can get a wav file of some of the characters? Just to see what everything somewhat sounds like.
Well I have it recorded on my Sky+ I can get my mic and try my best if you like.

Shigeru-kun

Property of Jesus
Well I have it recorded on my Sky+ I can get my mic and try my best if you like.
Thanks Poke_girl

Backing up now, what were Marina's other monsters named? I highly doubt Pink-chan was kept, or if it was, the chan was dumped. Just asking.

Chris

Old Coot
And now you know why I stick to the original Japanese version. I mean, it wasn't too long ago that they renamed Jun'ichi as "Jackson," yet they change his name again. Including Kenta and Marina's names. Jesus, how could they forget that damn fast? First Pokémon, now characters. Way to go!

Bashou becoming a woman? That's hilarious considering dubbing companies only do that when the person in question is bordering onto being either too feminine or being a homosexual (Zoicite in Sailor Moon for example). But since Bashou was NEITHER of those, 4Kids has some explaining to do. What was it? The long hair? This just makes me further believe that 4Kids gets the show with absolutely none of the audio and they rarely pay attention to the script.

Question regarding Typhlosion. Did it keep Bakufuun's voice like it has done previously before?

Blackjack Gabbiani

Clearly we're great!
Neither of them? I donno, I think his relationship with Buson was pretty obvious. But that's just me.

poke_girl

The Amazing

Blackjack Gabbiani

Clearly we're great!
wav.html? I think you need to redo that.

Chris

Old Coot
Blackjack Gabbiani said:
Neither of them? I donno, I think his relationship with Buson was pretty obvious. But that's just me.
It's just you. o_O They're just Rocket Gang partners. One's the brains and the other's the muscle. Bashou battles inteligently while Buson's easy to anger and tends to get ahead of himself. The two balance eachother out. Nothing more. :s

poke_girl

The Amazing
Blackjack Gabbiani said:
wav.html? I think you need to redo that.
I dunno.. I put it on this rapidshare thing, try it, please..