• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Legend Of Thunder! (003)

Amadeus Windfall

Gespenst KIIIICK!
poke_girl said:
You mean the song to call Lugia or something?
No, it was the background music played when Ash did important stuff. Here, we have it when we get told about all the types of Pokemon Jimmy's journey leads him to see.

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
Edward Elric said:
They were given names before. That's the problem.

True, but as I said above 4kids could have decided that Jackson was talking to two OTHER friends in that scene, regardless of the Japanese version.

Besides, renaming characters that haven't been directly given names is a hell of a lot different than renaming someone who was DIRECTLY given a name. (Jackson)

Here's the problem with all of the dub names. For Kenta, they went from switching to a DIFFERENT Japanese name to an American name. Marina went from an American name back to her original name. Although kudos to them for at least using Marina's original name.

To the American audience however, they have no idea that the dub names for Jimmy and Marina were once something different. It has no harmful affect.

Changing Jacksons name to Vincent was appauling however, and Bashao having a gender change as well.

I have no problem with Jimmy and Marina. I applaud 4kids for changing Yoshi to a better name such as Jimmy, and changing Dani back to her original name.

Last edited:

Sharpshooter

Battle Factory Champion
I think I'm pretty sure in saying that Jimmy's voice was done by the same person who did Nicolai in "Zig Zag Zangoose!". If anyone can remember that.

Blackjack Gabbiani

Clearly we're great!
Here's my letter. I asked for it to be forwarded to Kahn and someone in charge of directing.

I'm writing to register my disgust at the recent dub of the Pokémon special Legend of Thunder.

For starters, changing the character "Bashou" into a woman is unforgible. There is no reason for the change. There has been feminine men before who have evaded this, why him?

Was it the rumors of his relationship with his field partner? Purely fan conjecture, and besides, 4Kids has never seemed to have a problem with same-sex relationships in the past, and if that is indeed the case, I find it disturbing and offensive. If that is indeed the reason his gender was changed, that sends a very negative message to not only gay and bi fans, but to straight fans as well--that we cannot be all-inclusive.

If that was not the reason for the change, then why? Certainly he is feminine in appearence, but as I said above, there have been other feminine men who have remained men.

Another point is the disturbing lack of continuity. The character who had previously been dubbed as "Jackson" suddenly becoming "Vincent"? And it's not like he had an unimportant role before--he was one of Ash's opponents in the Silver Conference. Was that really so long ago that you cannot remember? Well, the fans remember, and we wonder why.

I have been a staunch supporter of 4Kids in the past, but this rattles my faith in you. You were supposed to be the good guys, but this is a blotch on you that will take a while to go away, if it ever does.

I await your replies.

Shigeru-kun

Property of Jesus
How about Bashou? I'm sure a lot of people want to hear the stupid sex change. ^^;;
100% agreed.

As for Marina...Kenta's dub voice doesn't bother me much, Marina's just...*screams* I don't know what it is, but I can't stand it. x_x Marina's original voice sounded cute, but that sounds...rather annoying. ^^;

poke_girl

The Amazing

Chris

Old Coot
...Why was imagining that'd be exactly Bashou's dub voice just abit ago? o_O;

Blackjack Gabbiani

Clearly we're great!
Amadeus Windfall said:
No, it was the background music played when Ash did important stuff. Here, we have it when we get told about all the types of Pokemon Jimmy's journey leads him to see.

Actually no. The song to call Lugia was in the original LoT. That's what I meant by "Guardian's Song". It played for about two seconds at one point.

And why does Femme!Bashou remind me of Mai Valentine?

Shigeru-kun

Property of Jesus
*listens to Bashou's voice*....I don't know HOW, but somehow I just knew the new Mai voice would be used....how about Buson now? x_x

Alfonso

Derpgull
Blackjack Gabbiani said:
Actually no. The song to call Lugia was in the original LoT. That's what I meant by "Guardian's Song". It played for about two seconds at one point.

And why does Femme!Bashou remind me of Mai Valentine?

...Oh, I thought that too. And Cassidy.

...Looks like we have our Cassidy voice. :3

Blackjack Gabbiani

Clearly we're great!
You know, I wanted to do his voice. But I would have played him as a MAN, dammit! I have an *ANDROGYNOUS* voice!

Blackjack Gabbiani

Clearly we're great!
Well, he's better than I thought he'd be. But what's with the accent?

Chris

Old Coot
Oh lordy..I can bet that's Eric Stuart doing Buson's voice. It's bordering between Brock and Seto Kaiba. x_X; Sorry, but I expected a ROUGH, deep, cocky voice.

Shigeru-kun

Property of Jesus
I believe his VA has an accent himself....seeing as that appears to be Jounouchi's dub voice. x_x Either way, I still like the original better.