• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time (LoZ: OoT)

Todoserugi

Never Forget
This is an older game for N64 and it came in a multi-game disk for gamecube, is downloadable for Wii, and is gettinga remake on the 3ds. I have the original N64 game and have played up to Ganon's Castle, but i cheated a long time ago and switched my bombchus for a fifth bottle, thus not being able to complete the game. I started a new file and got up to the Shadow Temple in 3 or 4 days.

For those who don' know the Game consists of 3 dungeons: (as a child) the Deku tree, Dodongo's Cavern, and Jabu Jabu's Belly. Then 5 Temples: (as an adult) Forest , Fire, Water, Shadow, and Spirit. Ten there is the final Boss, which has its own dungeon called Ganon's Castle.

This thread is to discuss all aspects of the game.

Last edited:

blaze boy

Aka SamuraiDon
Ocarina of Time was a good Zelda better but I feel that Windwaker is better.

yoshi1990

Yoshi Trainer
i have this game on the N64 and the Game Cube and I plan on geting it for the 3DS.
This game is one of the best in the series

Dattebayo

Banned
I fully understand why this game is considered the best: Memorable characters, unforgettable music, deep gameplay experience, hidden secrets, it's all here. Since I heard that they're going to dumb down the water temple in the 3DS remake, I just know it's going to anger the fans despite being that one dungeon everyone hates.

BCVM22

I just know it's going to anger the fans despite being that one dungeon everyone hates.

No one of any good sense is going to complain for not having to cycle the Iron Boots on and off ten times in five minutes and having to backtrack constantly to change the water level.

No one complained when they did it in Master Quest, either.

I'm love this game. I hated Water Temple, it sucked ***. I'm excited for the 3DS Remake. I just hope it doesn't use Bull **** Touchscreen too much

What have we said about going off like this without thinking, son?

The game is on a system that has a touchscreen as one of its primary input methods; do you think they're just going to completely ignore it? Really?

And if you find the touchscreen that horrible, what are you doing with a DS in the first place?

Think before spouting off, please.

Last edited:
What have we said about going off like this without thinking, son?

The game is on a system that has a touchscreen as one of its primary input methods; do you think they're just going to completely ignore it? Really?

And if you find the touchscreen that horrible, what are you doing with a DS in the first place?

Think before spouting off, please.

Well, using Touch Pad for the C-Buttons would be great, anything else, **** NO!!!!

And I DO find the Touch Screen horrible and unrelaxing, I needed to Upgrade once GBA went out of style and I hadn't heard of PSP at the time.

Also, I WAS thinking when I said that and THIS for the record. Anyways, adding too much touch screen **** would change the engine a bit much, don't you think? The Original and Masterquest didn't use Touchscreen.

Cyan

Mortal
*crosses fingers*

Bottom of the Well in HD, Bottom of the Well in HD...

Also, I WAS thinking when I said that and THIS for the record. Anyways, adding too much touch screen **** would change the engine a bit much, don't you think? The Original and Masterquest didn't use Touchscreen.

Stop lying to BCVM.

Dattebayo

Banned
No one of any good sense is going to complain for not having to cycle the Iron Boots on and off ten times in five minutes and having to backtrack constantly to change the water level.

But they complained about HG/SS changing everything in the original (Kris, Miltank's level, Grass, etc.), so I'll expect the same thing with OoT 3DS.

Cobalt_Latios

Strange, I thought getting easily disoriented before finding the map/compass was why everyone thought it was the hardest dungeon.

We're talking about the GameCube "remake" of sorts, right? Just how much did they change?

But they complained about HG/SS changing everything in the original (Kris, Miltank's level, Grass, etc.), so I'll expect the same thing with OoT 3DS.
Didn't take long for most people to get over it though.

C_L