• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Legend of Zelda Wii Discussion (With HQ Art)

Slick

Banned
D: Celda.......

But seriously, we need another cel-shaded console Zelda. :/

BCVM22

Despite the fact that it'll probably be the next console system until we get one if we get one, given that this Zelda should take us right to the projected end of the Wii's life span.

So, you can either continue saying it every five posts or so, or you can turn it off, put it away, save the batteries and bring it out again in 3-4 years or so.

Krake

Flabebe's Kids
D: Celda.......

I never really liked any of the celda games. Wind Waker's sea was kind of tedious to navigate and I thought that having to find the Triforce Charts, paying a ton of Rupees to translate them, and then being able to find them was pretty annoying. It was still a fun game, and the graphics were cool, but not my favorite Zelda title.

Phantom Hourglass had much better ocean gameplay, and had some fun mechanics, but the controls got annoying sometimes and it was way too easy (I beat it the week I got it). Again, a good play, but it could've been better.

I don't really get why people were complaining about WW's graphics when it was first revealed and around when it came out, but when Twilight Princess came out a lot pf people were disappointed that it wasn't cel-shaded.

Slick

Banned
Despite the fact that it'll probably be the next console system until we get one if we get one, given that this Zelda should take us right to the projected end of the Wii's life span.

So, you can either continue saying it every five posts or so, or you can turn it off, put it away, save the batteries and bring it out again in 3-4 years or so.

Now you're just illogical. Why the fucking hell would I do THAT?

I never really liked any of the celda games. Wind Waker's sea was kind of tedious to navigate and I thought that having to find the Triforce Charts, paying a ton of Rupees to translate them, and then being able to find them was pretty annoying.

BAWWWWW.
But seriously, that's the only reason people complain about the game (besides graphics) and they're all stupid reasons. People make it seem like the Triforce Chart "mission" was hard, when really it was quite simple and probably made exploring the sea more fun. On the way to Triforce destinations you would pull up on an island you hadn't seen/fully explored before, or see something interesting. It wasn't tedious. It pulled you closer to exploration of the sea.
Also, Tingle is awesome.

It was still a fun game, and the graphics were cool,

Yeah.
That's right.

but not my favorite Zelda title.

>:[

Phantom Hourglass had much better ocean gameplay, and had some fun mechanics, but the controls got annoying sometimes and it was way too easy (I beat it the week I got it). Again, a good play, but it could've been better.

The ocean controls were better because with a touch-screen they were easier to pull off. And yes, PH was ridiculously easy.

I don't really get why people were complaining about WW's graphics when it was first revealed and around when it came out,

Because they're idiots.

but when Twilight Princess came out a lot pf people were disappointed that it wasn't cel-shaded.

Because they're not idiots.

When I say Celda, I mean Wind Waker Celda.
Not Phantom Hourglass.
I don't know why, but I feel that even though PH is modeled off WW, it's not a "true" Celda like WW was.

[/end douche-baggery]

PDL

disenchanted
Is there some sort of unwritten rule where all fans have to hate the newest installment of the Zelda series? Regardless of how good it actually is?

It happened with Majora's Mask, Wind Waker, Twilight Princess, Phantom Hourglass and now Spirit Tracks and this new game.

Seriously... stop it.

As for the character itself... I like the design and I really hope she's actually armless. Plus it makes sense to delve into the origins of the Master Sword because I don't think it's ever been explained where it came from.

Last edited:

~Spacial_Rendation~

De Ibwis Twigga!
It happened with Majora's Mask, Wind Waker, Twilight Princess, Phantom Hourglass and now Spirit Tracks and this new game.
Poeple think that any Zelda game after OoT is crap, Just like people think that any Pokemon game after GSC is crap.

As for me, meh. The only Zelda game that I have thoughly enjoyed was Majora's Mask, and that's only because I haven't played any other Zelda game either that OoT and MM.

Last edited:

Selfdestruct Togepi

Fangirls Beware!
Another thing that springs to mind is the fact that is game may not take place in Hyrule

Of couse by looking at the artwork it's no WW or PH. It's more of a TP style but what matters to me is the enjoy facter.

mitchman_93

AND IT WAS THIS BIG!
Another thing that springs to mind is the fact that is game may not take place in Hyrule

Of couse by looking at the artwork it's no WW or PH. It's more of a TP style but what matters to me is the enjoy facter.
Actually the simplicity of link and his hairstyle is oh so similar to the link of OoT. Looks more OoT then TP imo.
I wonder this is as well cause he looks OoT link. Could it be that possibly this is the skills teacher in TP? Nah that would be too un Nintendo. But this is a different era so that would be out of the picture. Whoever this link is he is very intriguing. What are the chances of the ancestor of the hero of time?

Last edited:

Slick

Banned
Slick you need to cool down on your Celda loving. Its becoming intolerable.

Hahahahahaah. Look at this guy.

Is there some sort of unwritten rule where all fans have to hate the newest installment of the Zelda series? Regardless of how good it actually is?

Twilight Princess deserves to be hated.

Thanks Captain Obvious.