• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Legend of Zelda Wii Discussion (With HQ Art)

NPC

sleep researcher
Shadow Siren said:
What the should do, is have a Young Link section at the beginning with WW graphics and then have it change to TP type graphics when he becomes adult link.

Kojima's not making this game.

So much for Twilight Princess being "the last of its kind", huh?

PDL

disenchanted
That would be absolutely disgusting.

Changing art styles mid-game would be a bit silly...

I like how Zelda has two different artsytles going for it. Cel-shaded cartoon graphics for the more "light-hearted" titles and more realistic graphics for the "darker" titles.

the terms are in quotations because they can easily head in the other directions when it's appropriate. The light-hearted Zeldas can have scary moments while the darker Zeldas have cute moments in them.

Slick

Banned
What the should do, is have a Young Link section at the beginning with WW graphics and then have it change to TP type graphics when he becomes adult link.
The EVERYONE'S HAPPY! :D
Although tbh I don;t even know if that would even be possible.

Either way, it's a nice picture. Just hope the game is more fun and less depressing than TP.

No.
stfu.
I hate you.
Piss off.

So much for Twilight Princess being "the last of its kind", huh?

Do you even know what...Miyamoto, I wager, meant when he said that?

NPC

sleep researcher
Most people assumed it was a radical change in style, which doesn't seem to be the case.

Selfdestruct Togepi

Fangirls Beware!
Nah, that would make this game a little too much like TP (which probuly is a good thing in some case) but aside from that, having the game machicis the same as the preveus game is'nt a bad thing as look as they are enjoyable.

Sorry but that was pretty obvious from me.
(and slightly misspelt)

mitchman_93

AND IT WAS THIS BIG!
Anyways, I'm intrigued. Sure, we probably won't get anything more till around sometime in September (TGS, a.k.a. Tokyo Game Show), but that's not going to stop most of us from speculating.

*C_L*
You made a mistake there. Nintendo never uses TGS for big announcements. Their conference in October yes(is that spaceworld still) but TGS no. I wish though they still went to Leipzig.

Profesco

gone gently
I like how Zelda has two different artsytles going for it. Cel-shaded cartoon graphics for the more "light-hearted" titles and more realistic graphics for the "darker" titles.

the terms are in quotations because they can easily head in the other directions when it's appropriate. The light-hearted Zeldas can have scary moments while the darker Zeldas have cute moments in them.

I like that, too. Typically, I've more enjoyed the visually cheerful titles than the visually somber ones, but haven't felt deprived of interesting story/mood from either side. In any case, I'm still awaiting another cel-shaded game, but all this Zelda fuss has gotten me re-interested in the series.

Good to see more on its way. ^_^

Kabutopzilla

En Prócsem

Cobalt_Latios

You made a mistake there. Nintendo never uses TGS for big announcements. Their conference in October yes(is that spaceworld still) but TGS no. I wish though they still went to Leipzig.
Spaceworld? It's still around? Anyhow, I only mentioned TGS because of that we get some very exclusive material shown. At least, that's what my impression was last time.

Wait...that exists?!
Yup

But you'd still just be wasting your time arguing with me about Metroid. :p
Same could be said about me as well, you're not the only one ;).

*C_L*

Cobalt_Latios

It's not called Spaceworld. It's name is Nintendo October Conference. There was one last year and the year before.
Oh, well, that's news to me. Thanks.

*C_L*

fhqwhgads

And on the other, you clearly don't have the patience to actually read what people say, otherwise you could answer your own question, so any replying to you would go unnoticed.

Gelu

I just noticed how Link is surrounded by these odd shaped rocks, and the girl/sword/faerie thing has a diamond or some sort of gem in her chest. Maybe this won't take place in Hyrule?

Anyway. I hope that that specific girl doesn't follow you around in your invisible pockets like Midna and Navi and all them.

Last edited:

fhqwhgads

Lake Hylia. Hyrule.

I just noticed how Link is surrounded by these odd shaped rocks, and the girl/sword/faerie thing has a diamond or some sort of gem in her chest. Maybe this won't take place in Hylia?

I'm pretty sure some weird rocks and a new characer are not sufficient evidence to say that it will not take place in Hyrule. However it is entirely possible that it will although I doubt it. Here is my reason: Most of the games taking place out of Hyrule are direct sequels to In-hyrule games. Majora's Mask and Phantom Hourglass featured the same link as Oot and Ww respectively while occuring directly afterwards to name the 2 that come to mind. In an interview I believe it was stated that this zelda is not a sequel so I personsaly do not believe it will take place in an alternate realm. However my opinion and logic is not Nintendo's so nobody really knows except for them.