1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. We have received legal notice about the sharing of certain images for Pokémon Sword & Shield. Due to this, we have a new rule. If you post said images, you will be removed from the forums until 15:00 UTC on November 14th 2019. We have also killed the leak discussion threads for the time being. Thank you for your patience during this. If you have any queries, use the contact form
  3. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

Legendaries Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Pokémon - Generation VII Discussion' started by Snoo, Feb 27, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Snoo

Snoo Work Hard, Play Hard

Discuss the possible new legendary Pokemon here for the 7th gen games! They are Sun and Moon themed, as per the game names.

All posts should be constructive and contain ideas, support/elaborate their ideas, and must contribute to the discussions and/or on-going arguments.

Let's promote a worthwhile discussion!

2. SlowPokeBroKing

SlowPokeBroKing Future Gym Leader

I would like a set of legendaries based on the planets. I would be totally cool if these were the only legendaries this generation.

3. Serene Havoc

Serene Havoc Well-Known Member

Would love a dinosaur-inspired legendary. No its not dragon.

4. Cutty

Cutty Forever now

Some alien like legendaries like Deoxys w/ huge heads ,many walts n tentacles, many eyes, long snouts... you get my idea.

5. Trainer Yusuf

Trainer Yusuf VolcaniNO

Considering that Japanese logos are featuring Pokéballs as comets, and they have the inverse jewel of their respective order, I suspect that we will have a BW scenario and see the legendaries in reverse order.

I hope the comet symbol also means that these mascot legendaries are extraterrestrial species that are not nature gods in relation to natural forces/philosophical concepts.

6. Missingno.Fan

Missingno.Fan Well-Known Member

As long as we get a Poison type, I'm up for pretty much anything.
    I want this.

7. Shneak

Shneak this is a Nessa/Oleana stan account ✨

Sun and Moon have a lot of dual type potential. Hopefully not default Solrock and Lunatone though.

Third in the trio should be a black hole and steal Hoopa's moves.

8. MerCurry

MerCurry Functioning Idiot

I want a space parasite. Straight up Cthulhu-lite, maybe as the third Main Legendary. Or maybe hat controls said legendary in a symbolic fashion, but it's a shaky barrier.

9. JudySpell

JudySpell Banned

I just want non-Dragon Legendarys on the Sun & Moon box art. I got so sick of Dragon box Legendarys in Gens 4 & 5.

10. GalaxianEX

GalaxianEX Well-Known Member

Pokemon Moon's legendary should be based on a rabbit.

11. Wulava

Wulava Chuffed to bits Staff Member Moderator

Sun (Fire), Moon (Water) and Earth (Grass) for the trio maybe.

But Cresselia (cresent moon) and Darkrai (new moon) are called the Lunar duo.
    Though I guess they are more reprsentative of good dreams and nightmares respectively. Hmmm...

12. SlowPokeBroKing

Just curious: Why Water for the moon and Grass for Earth?

I would have thought Water for Earth and Rock for the moon.

13. Räven Velish

Räven Velish black lives matter

Something about the moon causing high tides or whatever. And Grass type is kind of a Nature type, so to speak, and to us the Earth is Nature.

14. Wulava

Wulava Chuffed to bits Staff Member Moderator

Water because of the Moon and its relation to water tides. Water/Rock is also fine.
    Grass for Earth because of the flora and fauna living on it. You know, nature. Grass/Ground would be okay too.

For the Sun, I can't really think of a secondary type.

EDIT: What Raven said.

15. SlowPokeBroKing

Yeah, that makes sense. I hadn't thought of it that way.

16. Bananarama

Bananarama The light is coming

Maybe Flying, because the sun is in the sky.

But that would mean having the same type as Moltres and a 4* weakness to Rock (assuming it's Fire/Flying), though, so I'd prefer a Fire type or Fire/Grass legendary version mascot here.

Last edited: Feb 27, 2016
  17. Bolt the Cat

Bolt the Cat Bringing the Thunder

We need a Poison type legendary that isn't Arceus badly.

18. Tsukuyomi56

Tsukuyomi56 Gesshin Powered

In terms of the Sun/Moon legendaries what do you think are potential mythological gods they could be based on? Moon is a bit tricky since the most obvious (Selene) is already the inspiration for Cresselia so the only other ones I can think are Khonsu (Egyptian) and Tsukuyomi (Japanese).

For Sun we could potentially base it off Ra (Egyptian, counterpart to Khonsu), Amaterasu (Japanese, counterpart to Tsukuyomi) and Helios (Greek, though a bit problematic as his counterpart is Selene).

19. Zoruagible

Zoruagible Lover of underrated characters

This.
    Though, it'll probably be an event if there aren't any side legendaries introduced outside of the main trio again
    Sun and Moon don't sound like something that'd be Poison.

20. clbgolden12

clbgolden12 Alolan (and soon to be Galarian) trainer

Sun legend will obviously be fire, but not sure about it's secondary type, maybe flying. Moon legend will also obviously dark, but its secondary could potientally be either fairy, rock, or water. Design wise, I'm not sure, but it'd be cool if the Moon legend was humanoid (the man in the moon).

I doubt either of the mascot legends will be poison, but some sort of snake based legendary Pokemon perhaps.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.