• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Legendaries Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Majestic-Flygon

A Lion or Wolf legendary as mascots sound interesting. I can imagine the Lion being the Sun and the Wolf being the Moon. That makes me want a Ice type Wolf Pokemon.

I can imagine the appearance be similar to the Suicune, Entei, and Raiku Trio.

Niormon

A Lion or Wolf legendary as mascots sound interesting. I can imagine the Lion being the Sun and the Wolf being the Moon. That makes me want a Ice type Wolf Pokemon.

I can imagine the appearance be similar to the Suicune, Entei, and Raiku Trio.
and this this kinda backs it up too https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lion_and_Sun I'm at the point where I'm starting to believe a lion and wolf Might be our legendary and the wolf might be an Ice type and the lion a fire type

Majestic-Flygon

There is just so many concepts of Sun and Moon you can choose from. It is pretty much a universal theme in the world from legends, myths, and religion.

It just makes me get more intrigued with Sun and Moon even more. I just hope that the legendaries don't disappoint me.

Niormon

There is just so many concepts of Sun and Moon you can choose from. It is pretty much a universal theme in the world from legends, myths, and religion.

It just makes me get more intrigued with Sun and Moon even more. I just hope that the legendaries don't disappoint me.
exactly there so many things that symbolize Sun and Moon all of them have an equal chance of being true ( I'm getting hyped just thinking about it XD)

Majestic-Flygon

exactly there so many things that symbolize Sun and Moon all of them have an equal chance of being true ( I'm getting hyped just thinking about it XD)

Same here. I have not been this excited about Pokemon in a long time. Just thinking all of the possibilities makes me want the game more.

Niormon

Same here. I have not been this excited about Pokemon in a long time. Just thinking all of the possibilities makes me want the game more.
while the fact that I didn't like the only showed the titles I'm sure they did it this way to create speculation for us fans ( which i think is a good business strategy)

Majestic-Flygon

Leaving an air of mystery makes people more curious and interested in the game.

Since there are so many Sun/Moon possibilities, it makes me wonder which concepts GF chose and why. I would love to know the design and making process of the legendaries.

Wulava

danger chili pepper
Staff member
Leaving an air of mystery makes people more curious and interested in the game.

Since there are so many Sun/Moon possibilities, it makes me wonder which concepts GF chose and why. I would love to know the design and making process of the legendaries.

Yeah. Sun and Moon is such a broad concept.
You can connect it with astrology, astronomy, mythology, alchemy, religion, etc...

Wish they show the legends at least.

Nunn

Pokermanz Meister!
They could also choose animals or mythical creatures generally unrelated to the sun or moon. But instead, animals that can reflect the themes.

The sun can represent many things. fire,warm light, heat, life, beauty, masculinity ect.

The moon, water, darkness,cool light, cold, beauty, femininity ect.

So here are some examples.

SUN_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
FIRE: Dragon, Lion, Phoenix, Serpent ect.
WARM LIGHT: Angel, I dunno
HEAT: Dragon again, Salamander, ect.
LIFE: plants, basically anything alive lol.
BEAUTY: Exotic birds, Phoenix again, Leopard, Tiger ect.
MASCULINITY: Ram, Bull, Centaur, Stag ect.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
MOON______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
WATER: Fish, Sea Serpent, Merfolk, Kraken ect.
DARKNESS: Panther, Vampire, Bat, Owl, Shade ect.
COOL LIGHT: Unicorn, Pegasus, yadda yadda
COLD: Bear, Wolf, Giant, Snow Leopard ect.
BEAUTY: Arctic/Sea/Alpine Bird, Doe, Nymph ect.
FEMININITY: Doe again, most birds, Horse, Siren, Fairy ect.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

These are just very basic themes, and most of these ideas won't work. But that's a general method that could be used. So you may be surprised when the mascot legends are revealed.

Akwakwak

I'm hungry
They could also choose animals or mythical creatures generally unrelated to the sun or moon. But instead, animals that can reflect the themes.

The sun can represent many things. fire,warm light, heat, life, beauty, masculinity ect.

The moon, water, darkness,cool light, cold, beauty, femininity ect.

So here are some examples.

SUN_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
FIRE: Dragon, Lion, Phoenix, Serpent ect.
WARM LIGHT: Angel, I dunno
HEAT: Dragon again, Salamander, ect.
LIFE: plants, basically anything alive lol.
BEAUTY: Exotic birds, Phoenix again, Leopard, Tiger ect.
MASCULINITY: Ram, Bull, Centaur, Stag ect.
MOON______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
WATER: Fish, Sea Serpent, Merfolk, Kraken ect.
DARKNESS: Panther, Vampire, Bat, Owl, Shade ect.
COOL LIGHT: Unicorn, Pegasus, yadda yadda
COLD: Bear, Wolf, Giant, Snow Leopard ect.
BEAUTY: Arctic/Sea/Alpine Bird, Doe, Nymph ect.
FEMININITY: Doe again, most birds, Horse, Siren, Fairy ect.

These are just very basic themes, and most of these ideas won't work. But that's a general method that could be used. So you may be surprised when the mascot legends are revealed.

Who's to say the sun legendary won't appear "feminine" and the moon "masculine".

Remember Zekrom and Reshiram.

Yin and Yang, there is femininity in masculinity and vice versa.

Last edited:

Nunn

Pokermanz Meister!
Who's to say the sun legendary won't appear feminine and the moon masculine.

Remember Zekrom and Reshiram.

Yin and Yang, there is femininity in masculinity and vice versa,

They could be. I was just presenting the most basic of themes that I thought people would associate with them. But like in Amaterasu's case. The sun is represented by a female being, while the moon is male.

And I am expecting a mascot switcheroo like in BW based off of the japanese titles having crystals of the opposite color.

Sceptrigon

Armored Legend
They could be. I was just presenting the most basic of themes that I thought people would associate with them. But like in Amaterasu's case. The sun is represented by a female being, while the moon is male.

And I am expecting a mascot switcheroo like in BW based off of the japanese titles having crystals of the opposite color.

I think BW was really the only exception to having reversed mascots of the colors. They reflected he covers on their own concept (yin and yang). Both logos included black and white coloring. For Sun and Moon's case, the logos are colored based on the sun and moon respectively. This would really be confusing if they put Sun's "mascot" on the cover of Moon and vice versa. Black and White allowed for some ambiguity and is based on yin and yang, while I feel Sun and Moon can't really do that.

XXD17

Draco rex
So far we only know Zygarde has two cores, or at least only two different coloured cores. And as someone above pointed out, especially if we get a third, white core, the two inbetweens can just be fading from intense colour to pale colours.

If we look at it from a mathematical perspective, there should be ten cores. Considering zygarde 10%, I'm assuming we could have ten of them at the same time (10x10=100) and as we know, you only need one core to form one zygarde 10%. How would ten cores work? Well maybe it will be two sets of five colors? Maybe there's another red core and blue core out there? Five colors can get together to form 50% and this is still mathematically sound.

However, the anime provides evidence against that considering how the blue core can manifest a 50% all by itself without the need of any other cores (or at least not that we know of). If this is the case, then two cores makes the most sense. If there were five cores, what would happen if all five need to go 50% at the same time? There won't be enough cells to go around. at that point, having extra cores is excessive.

The theories that make the most sense to me are either:

1) There are ten cores (2 sets of five colors (red, blue, orange, aqua, white)) where each core can only manifest 10% at most by itself. All five of one set needs to come together to form 50% and all ten need to come together to form complete. This is mostly supported by the zygarde core description on the English official site where it says how the zygarde core can communicate with "other cores", which means there should at least be three*.

2) There are two cores (red and blue) where each core can manifest 10% and 50% by itself, but they need to come together to form complete. The anime seems to support this so far.

*Four, and five don't really make any sense from a mathematical perspective unless there is a complicated way of matching where two (or three) cores need to get together to form 50% (albeit this is possible because it keeps us within the limit of 2 zygarde 50% max at any given time). There's no way I can make three work either.

There is just so much that we still don't know lol.

Last edited:

Mokepon22

If we look at it from a mathematical perspective, there should be ten cores. Considering zygarde 10%, I'm assuming we could have ten of them at the same time (10x10=100) and as we know, you only need one core to form one zygarde 10%. How would ten cores work? Well maybe it will be two sets of five colors? Maybe there's another red core and blue core out there? Five colors can get together to form 50% and this is still mathematically sound.

However, the anime provides evidence against that considering how the blue core can manifest a 50% all by itself without the need of any other cores (or at least not that we know of). If this is the case, then two cores makes the most sense. If there were five cores, what would happen if all five need to go 50% at the same time? There won't be enough cells to go around. at that point, having extra cores is excessive.

The theories that make the most sense to me are either:

1) There are ten cores (2 sets of five colors (red, blue, orange, aqua, white)) where each core can only manifest 10% at most by itself. All five of one set needs to come together to form 50% and all ten need to come together to form complete. This is mostly supported by the zygarde core description on the English official site where it says how the zygarde core can communicate with "other cores", which means there should at least be three*.

2) There are two cores (red and blue) where each core can manifest 10% and 50% by itself, but they need to come together to form complete. The anime seems to support this so far.

*Four, and five don't really make any sense from a mathematical perspective unless there is a complicated way of matching where two (or three) cores need to get together to form 50% (albeit this is possible because it keeps us within the limit of 2 zygarde 50% max at any given time). There's no way I can make three work either.

There is just so much that we still don't know lol.

Looking at it from a 2 core perspective, aren't we the ones that assumed that both cores had to come together to make 100% forme? Because now that I'm thinking about it they only said "*insert forme name* possesses x amount of cells" and looking at the anime all the core does is draw the necessary cells to itself. So technically a core should be able to draws 100% of the cells to itself then be able to go into complete forme

The way that Zygarde cores speak about itself, referring to themselves as a collective, is one reason why I think it needs both cores to go into complete forme. Maybe there is a 50% cells limit on each core. You're right, there's so much we don't know lol

The part that says "If there were five cores, what would happen if all five need to go 50% at the same time? There won't be enough cells to go around" made me think about this just now

Last edited:

pokemonbw01

Who's the daddy? Me!
The Lion and Wolf theory is getting me really excited. For the typings though, I would like to see this:

1) Sun: Lion: Fire (for obvious reasons)
2) Moon: Wolf: Ice/ Fairy (because Moon is pretty chilly and with moves like Moonblast and Moonlight, the Moon pokemon is bound to be fairy type) I cud also see a Fairy/ Dark Moon legendary though.

lemoncatpower

Cynical Optimist
For anyone saying Lion and Rabbit as the mascots, it would really remind me of Digimon world dusk and dawn, as their mascots are a lion and a rabbit.
For some reason it makes me think that Pokemon will end up having the same animals used for sun and moon as it seems to be a japanese thing?
Although imo we could use more animals that haven't been used before, but for the legendaries I really don't think they should be represented as animals from Earth because they're bodies in space, not animals and not from earth so it should be something different. imo.

Class Zero

We have arrived.
The Lion and Wolf theory is getting me really excited. For the typings though, I would like to see this:

2) Moon: Wolf: Ice/ Fairy (because Moon is pretty chilly and with moves like Moonblast and Moonlight, the Moon pokemon is bound to be fairy type) I cud also see a Fairy/ Dark Moon legendary though.

I really wouldn't be totally sold on Moon equaling Fairy just yet... We have Cresselia, Umbreon and Lunatone, all moon-related Pokemon, and not one of them is Fairy type.

Nunn

Pokermanz Meister!
Can't wait to catch me an Apollomon and a Dianamon!

Niormon

if this is the case I might Have ( for the first time ) a hard choice between a Lion or a Wolf since Both are very majestic and Legendary animals in our world so I would have no idea who to pick :(

Status
Not open for further replies.